• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Dolphins Rush Defense Wager thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaaawn. We get it. You hate Suh. You'll say anything to make him look bad no matter how many people tell you you're wrong.

We get it.

So posting facts for you is saying anything? Post the facts where Miami is better on the defensive side of the ball with Suh?

I'd love for you to throw it in my face and tell me where I'm wrong.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already filled you in. Out for the season. Still tied w Swarm for sacks.:D

Let me guess -- Your "advertising buddies" were the one's who gave you the inside scoop on his injury.:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess -- Your "advertising buddies" were the one's who gave you the inside scoop on his injury.:suds:

Cool. Guess what. Bet off. I don't like the personal shit. I don't like being mean to you and I sure don't like someone like you taking to me like you do.

Wanted a friendly bet. Call me a welch, don't care. I don't like you. You stress me out and I don't associate with people I don't like.

Last post I'll ever make to you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Guess what. Bet off. I don't like the personal shit. I don't like being mean to you and I sure don't like sometime like you taking to me like you do.

Call me a welch, don't care. I don't like you. And I don't associate with people I don't like.

Last post I'll ever make to you.

:pound::pound::pound: :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Absolutely priceless. The guy who started making comments about my family is butt hurt over me saying 'advertising buddies' and doesn't like 'personal shit'.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

When he is winning the bet -- he was goading me into taking the bet, now he knows he is going to lose and here come the excuses and backing out of the bet, JUST like he did with big blue.

The internet tough guy who has told guys he was going to dunk their head in the toilet now needs a tampon to stop the bleeding, because of a comment about 'advertising buddies'.

Just having him type this out and having it quoted for life now is worth watching him welch on the wager.:pound:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So posting facts for you is saying anything? Post the facts where Miami is better on the defensive side of the ball with Suh?

I'd love for you to throw it in my face and tell me where I'm wrong.

I won't say your wrong as IMO only. I'm a skipping record on my thoughts. It takes the right guys with good coaching. I've never waivered and will not. With Suh, Levy and Ziggy, Detroit was subpar. With them and Digs, GJohnson, Quin, Mosley, Fairley and JJ coached by Austin it was a elite style defense. I said early on with the forced departures of FAs that the Dolphins D would suffer and Suh would not replace it all. Might still be wrong on my thoughts. However speaking of facts. Look at the last six years of Suhs career, and my thoughts are spot on.

Why do you think Seattle has dropped off this season? The replacements are not the right guys. Can they get back to that feared defense? the windows open and close so fast on elite unless units unless you replace them with the right guys or have coaching that can make the new pieces work.

All of those extra players from last year were low budget additions and non superstars, but they worked. Much like some play you've seen from the Lions D as of late.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the last six years of Suhs career, and my thoughts are spot on.

I agree 100%. It is exactly why I goaded Rob into the bet he is going to welch on. Suh, pre-Ansah and pre-Austin's scheme, was mediocre to terrible against the run. As we surrounded him with more talent, he got better. When we brought in a new scheme with that talent -- he excelled.

As the Lions drafted DE's that set the edge and forced runners inside -- Suh had the opportunity to make more plays. Teams stopped running the counters and traps at Suh once we had LB'ers who made plays behind him.

Suh was one piece of many that made the Lions successful against the run last year and turned teams into one dimensional.

The fact Detroit has been better rush defense than Miami without Suh, Fairley and Levy, among others, should tell Rob it takes a team to be great against the run.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Suh, Levy and Ziggy, Detroit was subpar. With them and Digs, GJohnson, Quin, Mosley, Fairley and JJ coached by Austin it was a elite style defense.

In Ziggy's rookie year -- Detroit wasn't subpar -- they finished 16th overall and gave up less than 100 ypg on the ground which was 6th in the NFL. Now our pass defense was definitely sub par.

Rob can say till he is blue in the face that Suh was the reason for the Lions emergence as a top rush defense, but it was drafting and signing DE's, who knew there was more to football than getting sacks as a DE.

When you have DE's who set the edge and force runners inside -- it makes them run through traffic and in the Lions case, to try and run through some of the best players.

Same goes for LB'ers. It doesn't matter if a player eats a double team if you don't have someone playing behind him with talent that can make plays.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ziggy's rookie year -- Detroit wasn't subpar -- they finished 16th overall and gave up less than 100 ypg on the ground which was 6th in the NFL. Now our pass defense was definitely sub par.

You two are on rush defense thing. I'm on a defense as a hole subpar thingy. At times I know you are strictly looking at numbers at times. Teams can sometimes have lopsided numbers because there is no reason to pass or run against certain teams. That Lions team was a good example. Teams didn't run out the clock they passed out the clock.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two are on rush defense thing. I'm on a defense as a hole subpar thingy. At times I know you are strictly looking at numbers at times. Teams can sometimes have lopsided numbers because there is no reason to pass or run against certain teams. That Lions team was a good example. Teams didn't run out the clock they passed out the clock.

It is definitely in regards to the rush defense. And I agree, the numbers can be skewed if a team is really bad against the run or pass and teams take advantage of that.

I'm more talking about the rush defense, as that is how I view the Lions defense being built (whether or not, that is the case, who knows?). Before drafting Ansah and Taylor, replacing KVB and Avril -- Detroit gave up 4.5 - 5.0 YPC the previous 3 years with Suh. 1st year with those guys -- it went down to 4.2. The 2nd year it went down to 3.2. With no Suh, no Levy and no Fairley -- it is at 4.0 this year, but still light years better than they were.

I realize Detroit has given up a ton of rushing TD's, but that doesn't bother me when the overwhelming majority are inside of 5 yards and most are from the 1.

Darius Slay and Glover Quin are two great pieces to build on in the secondary -- if we can find someone to pair with either guy -- I think we will see an improved secondary.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor??? He just starting to produce IMO. That was more Johnson and JJ if anything.

I also feel you're wrong on Avril. He was a one trick pony with the wide9. He's not in Seattle. I hated Avril. He would've been a stud last year in Detroit. He is not the liability in the run game he was with Schwartz.

I like what I see in Diggs so far. Not sure he is a #2, more a slot. I'm still for seeing what Lawson can do more. Carter we have no clue. Although I'm still all for taking another CB in 3rd or 4th, I'm all for that every draft.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor??? He just starting to produce IMO. That was more Johnson and JJ if anything.

I also feel you're wrong on Avril. He was a one trick pony with the wide9. He's not in Seattle. I hated Avril. He would've been a stud last year in Detroit. He is not the liability in the run game he was with Schwartz.

I like what I see in Diggs so far. Not sure he is a #2, more a slot. I'm still for seeing what Lawson can do more. Carter we have no clue. Although I'm still all for taking another CB in 3rd or 4th, I'm all for that every draft.

I agree with Taylor -- I just mentioned him as he was one of the group of DE's brought in to replace Avril and KVB. I also agree it was more George Johnson and Jason Jones in 2013.

With Avril -- I guess we see it differently. When he left Detroit to go to Seattle, he wasn't even a starter for them (he started 2 of 16 games). They brought him in as a situational pass rusher. As they have had to start paying their stars and lost players -- he has moved to a starting role. He was still basically a one trick pony in 2014. This year is his 1st with Seattle where he has helped more in the run game, instead of just trying to get up the field and to the QB.

For our 2nd CB spot -- I agree we don't know what we have with Carter. Diggs and Lawson, IMO, are more suited for the nickelback role. But you are right -- it is still early. I know it wouldn't be a popular pick if we were to use our 1st round pick on Ramsey or Hargreaves, but I think both (especially Hargreaves) are going to be very good CB's and pairing them with Slay would give the Lions a tremendous pair of CB's.

Detroit has many positions they could upgrade. I think the trenches are the most important. I'm thinking with the schedule Detroit has left though, the top OL and DL are going to be gone, but the time they draft. The hopes of a top 5 pick was nice, but we may not even get a top 10 pick now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TrustMeIamRight

Avril was looked at as such early in Seattle, and why not, that's what he was. Watch the Hawks now and you see Avril playing 3 downs often. He's not Willie Young any longer.

He is no run stuffing DE by any stretch. Just not a liability as he was in Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an ice machine. Not a toilet. I regret nothing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there was the time I curb stomped a guy to death at the pool hall. That was TPs fav Swarm story.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about my old Mexican boss at the Steak House? Ice machine.

Nah, I'm tallingbough Kreton and and I wanna say it was Mebert. One was a toilet and the other was you could choke them one handed.

CBS days before your surgery you said same shit to me. Still laugh at you till this day on that one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'm tallingbough Kreton and and I wanna say it was Mebert. One was a toilet and the other was you could choke them one handed.

CBS days before your surgery you said same shit to me. Still laugh at you till this day on that one.

You wouldn't last 1 minute.

I think I told Kreton once I'd put his head in a toilet, or that it must be nice talking shit to someone who could strangle him with one hand. Then Mebert scolded me. Just my sense of humor.