• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions @ Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to hire an aid to manage the clock. He just sucks at it. Good play caller at most times, but poor clock manager all the time.
I've said this since his first game here. He needs a "Zimmer" like Joe Torre had

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Mac tonight - I really thought he tried to run it too much. Pollard did manage to have one pretty good drive. Of course , then he called a pass play when he should have ran the last drive. At least make it a safe throw. Ive seen that same play called iintentional grounding this year.

Now i did think he screwed up with the timeouts. If they do get the 2 point conversion , we would have had 23 seconds and 1 timeout. He blew one on 4rth and 6 trying to get them to jump. Not a terrible decision but if its 4rth and 1 are we going for it ????? Then he called another before the 2 point attempt. I get it if something is wrong defensively there , you have to bang a TO. We called it and still gave up the 2 points before the ref threw the flag.

As far as the flag, hearing Ryan Clark talk snd all the Lions , i have to believe the Ref screwed up. Now Clark may be a Dallas hater, but what he said made a lot of sense
McCarthy questionable decisions:
Declining the penalty to give Detroit a 41 yard FG which is practically a gimme nowadays instead of pushing them back 10 yards shows no confidence in your defense and what this defense does best is being aggressive on 3rd and long. Maybe you get a sack or Int or force a longer attempt. That offsets them possibly converting which still doesn't mean they'd even get more than 3 points if they somehow did.

3rd and 14 calls a pitch to Pollard after just having a 92 yard TD and also your TE was open on the seam route the whole quarter. Trust your QB to not screwup and tell before the play to be sure if something obvious isn't there but 2rd and 14 isn't 3rd and 20+ where you don't even try

1st and goal from the 5. RUN THE BALL. It's not his fault we had that fluky CeeDee fumble/touchback but maybe you get to 2nd and 1 or 2 where you can QB sneak once or twice or run Pollard/Luepke again or at least make them defend the run. We keep throwing there as if it's 3rd or 4th down and not 1st. Yeah it's more likely you score on a pass play but you have 4 downs. Use them. If you throw an incomplete now you can't run because gaining 2 or 3 yards you still likely throw on 3rd down. You gain a couple yards and the defense has to play the run which makes the pass easier if you want to.

What other coach wouldn't have called the TO before the 2 minute warning in the first half? McCarthy looked confused as if he didn't even realize the play clock was going to expire first. He's just not an intelligent coach. I don't think he can manage multiple things at once.

I get the desire to see the 2 point conversion setup but he used a huge TO there. If they had converted you would need that TO to try and get into FG range with 23 seconds and a guy who can kick it from the state line. 23 seconds and 2 TOs to get from the 25 to the 50ish for an attempt is plenty of time

All of the above are arguable. Passing 3 times at the end of the game when your biggest concern is the clock and not your opponent is just inexcusable. It's incomprehensible how poor this guy is with clock management. I just don't think he is able to think clearly when shit gets tough. Heck, I'd have preferred even 3 runs up the middle and a punt and pin them deep if you are afraid to kick the FG there if it's real long. No timeouts. Length of the field with less than a minute? It's all about playing percentages and he just doesn't do it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the uproar about that call at the end. If the tables were turned the media would not be complaining

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy good:
There is no way you can tell me the way Dak is playing isn't in large part to McCarthy's changes to the offense. He simplified things and it has led to less confusion and also forced Dak to get the ball out. Drop, step and throw. It's just a huge change for this team and for Dak. This is the biggest f=difference between this year and prior years and why I don't think McCarthy is necessarily on the chopping block if we got one or two and out in the playoffs

I'm a fan of his play calling for the most part (other than the red zone with those low percentage throws into the back corner and abandoning the run). I think he gets too far from the run and other times forces the run and would love to see us run outside more because it's obvious what happens when you run Pollard up the middle all game and Pollard doesn't have the vision/patience to pick and choose on those zone blocks. I thought last night was prime for a couple more jet sweeps, but the play calling was really good as it has been a large part of the year.

I think his players like him and want to play for him and I think he gets them ready to play during the week. I think that is hard to measure but a huge asset for a team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the flag, hearing Ryan Clark talk snd all the Lions , i have to believe the Ref screwed up. Now Clark may be a Dallas hater, but what he said made a lot of sense
I haven't heard or read anything about the game at all yet today other than this thread. What did Clark say? They literally showed the replay of Decker not speaking with the ref when he came in. So, how can the call be disputed in any way?
Again, I haven't read anything so I'm asking not saying you or Clark is wrong

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cee Dee was a beast last night. Imagine his numbers if they had fed him the ball more early in the season?

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shut up. Dallas has been screwed by the refs ever since Jerry tried to oust Goodell. You have no idea WTF you're talking about.
The official who addressed the linemen reporting to him has some explaining to do after this one. It looks as though he made a mistake about which one reported as the eligible receiver.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams left points on the field tonight. I really think the only way the Lions were going to stop the Cowboys was a Hutchinson sack or an OLineman trippimg someone. MCarthy wanted to establish the run so bad that game , i really thought it hurt them at times. I mean that secondary got lit up for 400 plus yards last week vs a 3rd string QB. I just thought it was their best chance to win.

about that tripping

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard or read anything about the game at all yet today other than this thread. What did Clark say? They literally showed the replay of Decker not speaking with the ref when he came in. So, how can the call be disputed in any way?
there is a clip showing 68 reporting. I think the ref just screwed the pooch because 70 ran up & the ref brainfarted & said 70 since he had came in several times that game & reported.
but 68 definitely reported.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you’re a Redskins fan talking shit on a Cowboys board. If you know anything about football 3 different penalties could have been called on the 2 point play. So just STFU and go away.
This is an open multiple subject board. People are free to access any thread. If you don’t like that you can always go somewhere else.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

70 is Skipper. - he had come in a few times during the game and reported as eligible

68 is Decker.

There is a video of Decker and another OLineman talking to the official before the play. There is also a video of Goff telling Decker (68) to go report.

As 68 and another OL is talking to the main ref , 70 runs on to the field. The official points at him I believe ,but I really dont think he had a chance to tell the official anything.

The official then said it on the loud speaker that 70 is eligible.

70 lined up as a Guard on the play so there is no way he could be eligible.

Campbell supposedly explained to the officials before the game about the play.

Now there are 90K fans cheering at the time. Did that affect people hearing who is eligible. If you are Campbell - do you hear it on tthe sideline. ?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an open multiple subject board. People are free to access any thread. If you don’t like that you can always go somewhere else.
you're about to fuck around & find out :laugh3:

if this was the redskins board you would have already been banned!
Luckily for you. We arent that thinned skinned.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the cowboys board. We have a smack talk thread for talking sh*t. You sir are sticking your nose where it does not belong now pizz off. Some of us have been posting together for over 20 years so STFU and keep your mouth shut if you don’t want to simply talk football.
Dallas gets more homer calls than any team in the NFL.
Horse shit. Go away troll and stay in your hole!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

about that tripping
I notice every time the Cowboys are hosed, it just not a big deal for sports media. But if the opposition gets hosed it the end of the world.

Meanwhile Parsons would easily lead the NFL in sacks if the refs would throw flags for holding.

What Parsons really does not show up on the stat sheet. Game after game Parsons is getting pressure on QBs and it leads to turnovers. With all the attention Parsons receives they need to blitz more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas gets more homer calls than any team in the NFL.
You are obviously clueless on the topic or just can't get over your Cowboy hate because this statement makes you look like you don't follow the NFL. Seriously, do some research. I guess it's easy to argue by making shit up than by going with actual facts

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the cowboys board. We have a smack talk thread for talking sh*t. You sir are sticking your nose where it does not belong now pizz off. Some of us have been posting together for over 20 years so STFU and keep your mouth shut if you don’t want to simply talk football.

Horse shit. Go away troll and stay in your hole!
Yep, we got a couple of dummies on here

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a clip showing 68 reporting. I think the ref just screwed the pooch because 70 ran up & the ref brainfarted & said 70 since he had came in several times that game & reported.
but 68 definitely reported.

70 is Skipper. - he had come in a few times during the game and reported as eligible

68 is Decker.

There is a video of Decker and another OLineman talking to the official before the play. There is also a video of Goff telling Decker (68) to go report.

As 68 and another OL is talking to the main ref , 70 runs on to the field. The official points at him I believe ,but I really dont think he had a chance to tell the official anything.

Now there are 90K fans cheering at the time. Did that affect people hearing who is eligible. If you are Campbell - do you hear it on tthe sideline. ?
I didn't see it. How about the illegal formation they mentioned during the game, was that debunked also? If not the point is still valid about it not being a TD.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

68 is Decker.

Goff said he witnessed Decker reporting to the ref. It looks as though the ref got the two linemen confused and it took the win away from the Lions.