• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions are set Talent Wise...pshaw

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree old lion linebackers are our biggest weakness on defense, both olbs should get f's and tulloch a b.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs should be a D+ at best. Tulloch was the only one worth his salt. Durant looked good statistically but was terrible. Levy was good at times and bad at times.

:agree: Tulloch is solid but Levy is a scrub and we have a backup caliber guy leading to start on the other side.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time does Principle's probation officer let him use the computer? I'm getting bored. :pop2:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come everyone thinks the Oline will be HORRIBLE?

Reiff, Warford and Sims should be fine.

RT is scary imo. No telling if Fox will be a stud or not. If he is a stud, we should be considerably better with him and Warford on the right side.

Depending on Fox, we should be at least as good as last year; if not a little bit better.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RobBase, just because the scores were close at the end, doesnt mean there was not garbage time. How often did the Lions score in losses in the fourth quarter? They scored with those garbage yards and that made the final score closer, but the games were not nearly as close as the score made them seam.

With that said.....

Principal, you stated you only pointed out that this writer agreed with you. Later you said he also agreed with you on some of your positive beliefs. So why did you not mention the good points in the first post then? If it was to say how he agreed with you, then you should have listed all that he agreed with you on. The fact you only mention the negative he agreed with you on shouts to me that you were only looking to use the writers grades to support your negative outlook.

Now to argue your use of this writer agreeing with you. .....

What does your post title say? "Lions are set Talent Wise.... Pshaw!!!" This is talking about talent! Not about experience! He gave DE and CB lower grades because he was not including potential and looking at experience. Potential has little to do with how much experience they have but how much talent they have that can be shown with the experience. The fact they have tons of potential at these positions says they have tons of talent, but it hasnt come to fruition through experience.

QB, WR, RB, are absolutely set in talent on offense.
DE, DT, CB, & S are set as well when it comes to "TALENT" and in a couple cases only needs experience to show it. Where does that leave us?

TE- LEts face it. F Pettigrew hadnt dropped so many last year, nobody would have a problem with this crew. Pettigrew did not drop near so many the year before. So is it talent that is a problem? Or focus or something else? I would say that talent is not a problem. f Pettigrew reverts to the year before, nobody will complain about the TE's.

OL - This is the only area on offense that needs more talent. Center and RT in particular. In 11 starting positions on offense, those two are the only ones that are not above average.

On defense there are two spots that are below average. OLB and OLB. Outside of those, the rest of the defense has plenty of talent. I might even argue that Levy is the result of not playing the same spot enough. He keeps being transferred from OLB to ILB and back again.

Are the Lions set with Talent? No! Of course not! No team is set with talent. If they truly were, they wouldnt need to draft and try to improve their teams. Every team has its weakness. With the Lions, when looking at talent alone, it is Center, RT, OLB and OLB. And I am not willing to say we plain suck at any of them. Maybe one OLB spot. ..... and of course head coach and OC. lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beginning of Grails post will be a good quote for me to use later. When Joique Bell is discussed. Not a big deal WHO gets the yards, when the yards are all but being given to you. It's nice we made a few games close towards the end. And got the ball back immediately after punting more than any normal team.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All as bs and cs? Not too shabby.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which games in your opinions didn't come down to the end? And when did scoring in the 4lth quarter To try and win a game become considered garbage time? It's not like Hill was in there.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Principal, you stated you only pointed out that this writer agreed with you. Later you said he also agreed with you on some of your positive beliefs. So why did you not mention the good points in the first post then? If it was to say how he agreed with you, then you should have listed all that he agreed with you on. The fact you only mention the negative he agreed with you on shouts to me that you were only looking to use the writers grades to support your negative outlook.
I addressed this already, but I will address it again. I am new to this forum and learning the ropes. At ESPN, all of the guys read the thread and there was only 1 thread. So when posting it was fair game to think that everyone was up-to-date with previous posts and not reading your post as though it was the first post made on that subject. I realize now that many of you guys do not have the time to read all the threads or the wherewithal to do so. I will try in the future to remember my audience. That being said, the topic was my criticism of certain aspects of our talent or lack thereof not an overall evaluation of the team talent and therefore the premise for my post.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which games in your opinions didn't come down to the end? And when did scoring in the 4lth quarter To try and win a game become considered garbage time? It's not like Hill was in there.

The Houston - Atl stretch of the season was basically garbage. We lost all of them, and had to pass over 50times a game. I wouldn't count the Bears game though. That was real football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say had to. But I'm guessing, I bet it was 50 times a game anyway. Lots of meaningless yardage got accumulated over that stretch.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pshaw! Is Thai for fine Smitty.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come everyone thinks the Oline will be HORRIBLE?

Reiff, Warford and Sims should be fine.

RT is scary imo. No telling if Fox will be a stud or not. If he is a stud, we should be considerably better with him and Warford on the right side.

Depending on Fox, we should be at least as good as last year; if not a little bit better.

:agree::10:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Swarm on this one- if we're in the game and trying to score to win that's not garbage time. Garbage time is when you're down enough that you're facing prevent defenses and chewing up soft yards.

Rarely last year were we down far enough to see any prevent defenses...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the ones that doesn't read the thread. What are we talking about?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pshaw! is Thai for garbage time.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the haters are saying CJ got all his yards on Tuesday around noon? That's garbage day round here

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday at about 6:00 a.m. here...