• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mel Kiper’s 2019 NFL Draft Team Grades

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebron did also plus he is only a place holder for the start of the year . it is a huge leap from cam to luck in my mind as far as a passer . before getting hurt kaine (wr from Clemson ) was awesome in practice .
With Cain and also Campbell, I wouldn't be shocked if Funchess was let go at some point. He's athletically very gifted, but I could see him fizzling like Kelvin Benjamin.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Cain and also Campbell, I wouldn't be shocked if Funchess was let go at some point. He's athletically very gifted, but I could see him fizzling like Kelvin Benjamin.
unlike Grigson days it seems everything ballard touches turns to gold . that is so much better than smelling shit all the time under Grigson . colts have only 2 or 3 players before 17 geathers and Farley both same pos starting safety and his back up .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unlike Grigson days it seems everything ballard touches turns to gold . that is so much better than smelling shit all the time under Grigson . colts have only 2 or 3 players before 17 geathers and Farley both same pos starting safety and his back up .
Luck has some really unique weapons at his disposal in the passing game. As much as I love everything the Browns have done to make themselves into a contender, Indy is shaping into a damn good team. I wouldn't be shocked to see them playing for the conference very, very soon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebron did also plus he is only a place holder for the start of the year . it is a huge leap from cam to luck in my mind as far as a passer . before getting hurt kaine (wr from Clemson ) was awesome in practice .
Maybe once he plays in an actual game, Colts fans will learn how to spell his name...:suds:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The issue is with most of these draft analytical guys is their boards are generalized but different teams value different skill sets for their systems. So they grade teams based on how they themselves ranked guys and a guy that might be their 5th best WR on their board is the best WR on another teams board based on what they want to do.

The 9ers draft pick of Jalen Hurd in the 3rd is in my eyes a good example. Hurd wouldn't be a good pick for most teams at that spot but the 9ers and Kyle Shanahan will have a plan to utilize his versatility of being a RB, WR, and big enough to be a TE to maximum effect by scheming him a bunch of different ways.

And that's why the draft gurus get it wrong a lot because they don't have that kind of inside knowledge of what a team plans on doing with a guy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more intetested in seeing rating of people's ability to rate before taking much stock in their grades. Every analyst like Kiper should be held to some statistical standards for their grades. And if people suck at it, we should stop listening to them. My guess is most people suck at draft grades and making predictions on games or fantasy but if you keep track, the people that are the best of at it, get way less attention over the same old blowhards that have been around forever inflating the importance of their opinions.
It's all subjective.

Just like climate change.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao the colts have a top 10 d and o line so brady can eat shit . go colts . before this off season colts need was wr , lb and d end . Houston and funchess fixed 2 of them and the draft was all gravy .

I think they need to aim higher than Funchess at WR.

2017_headshot_750.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as awful as ABC'S coverage of the draft.

Dear gawd. It was an abomination

Haha. I almost had so many beers I thought it was New Years Eve on ABC

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland had a pretty damn good draft.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland had a pretty damn good draft.

That’s not what I’ve heard but I’m not one to pretend that I watch film and break down anything

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said....you don't know shit.

I’d say 99.99 percent of the posters here don’t break down film and know how to rank players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper is awful. Draft was so much better to watch on NFL Network this year

Not as awful as ABC'S coverage of the draft.

Dear gawd. It was an abomination

I was flipping back and forth to all three and overall I'd rank them as follows:

1. NFL Network
2. ESPN
3. ABC

You were right that ABC was just plain terrible. And while I liked the coverage from the NFL Network more than ESPN, I miss having Mike Mayock offering his take. He was IMHO the best draft analyst out there. I have no idea how he will fare in his new gig with the Raiders, but when it came to prepping for the draft, the man did his homework and always offered really good insight.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was flipping back and forth to all three and overall I'd rank them as follows:

1. NFL Network
2. ESPN
3. ABC

You were right that ABC was just plain terrible. And while I liked the coverage from the NFL Network more than ESPN, I miss having Mike Mayock offering his take. He was IMHO the best draft analyst out there. I have no idea how he will fare in his new gig with the Raiders, but when it came to prepping for the draft, the man did his homework and always offered really good insight.

It was nice having mostly former players give their take on draft picks — not that they are right a lot but I just didn’t miss Mel slobbering over a pick and spitting his drool with knee jerk muscle spasms

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. NFL Network
2. ESPN
3. ABC

After their first pick this year, I'd say he needs to go back to being an analyst.