• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions are set Talent Wise...pshaw

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least 1 other man shares my opinions:
Detroit Lions: Grading the Strength of Every Position Unit Heading into Camp

By Chris Madden
(Featured Columnist) on July 23, 2013

Offensive Line Grade: C-

Linebacker Grade: C

Tight End GRADE: C

Defensive End GRADE: C

Cornerback GRADE: C+

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue those grades because all those positions are of concern.....Did Chris Madden bother to grade other positions?

I sure would like to know how we graded out at QB, DT, WR, ST, K, P.....Please post it here because I actually would like to see it.

Thank you in advance.

Muzz.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I'm usually the Debbie downer here, but you left out all the A's and B's Grades......WR, QB, RB, DT, ST.....All ranked in the A's and B's....

This is the no spin zone with MUZZ your host. :laugh3:
I figured everyone has been reading the threads and could easily see that correlation between the positions that he had concerned with and my post on the same. I know now that I have to hold some hands to lead a few of you.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you this guy was a nerd. Hey Principle go back to banging Thai trannies you fag.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured everyone has been reading the threads and could easily see that correlation between the positions that he had concerned with and my post on the same. I know now that I have to hold some hands to lead a few of you.

You have to hold my hand, I'm almost a senior citizen. Walk me across the street too. I only ask that you display all grades not just the ones that show the Lions in a bad light.

Trust me, I love bashing Lion players when I feel they suck. But at the same time I praise the one's that kick ass.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to hold my hand, I'm almost a senior citizen. Walk me across the street too. I only ask that you display all grades not just the ones that show the Lions in a bad light.

Trust me, I love bashing Lion players when I feel they suck. But at the same time I praise the one's that kick ass.
I understand what you are saying and if this was the first time that I broached the topic I would agree with you. However since I mentioned that he agreed with me, that meant that my post preceded his post and thus only included the support of my post. I also agreed with some of his better grades and disagreed with others, but that would be a different thread and I could care less to debate him.

I may have you topped in age, I am 55.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying and if this was the first time that I broached the topic I would agree with you. However since I mentioned that he agreed with me, that meant that my post preceded his post and thus only included the support of my post. I also agreed with some of his better grades and disagreed with others, but that would be a different thread and I could care less to debate him.

I may have you topped in age, I am 55.

I don't care about your feud with TP.

You started this thread. This is your thread. You started it with spin. You pointed out the grades that reflect the team poorly, but left out the grades that reflect the team positively.

There's plenty of good and bad to go around with the Lions. But don't just quote half stats when the other half is there.

Trust me, me and TP don't see eye too eye very often, so I'm not coming to his rescue.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about your feud with TP.

You started this thread. This is your thread. You started it with spin. You pointed out the grades that reflect the team poorly, but left out the grades that reflect the team positively.

There's plenty of good and bad to go around with the Lions. But don't just quote half stats when the other half is there.

Trust me, me and TP don't see eye too eye very often, so I'm not coming to his rescue.
Still learning the ropes in here and one thing is obvious is that you guys do not read the threads.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you this guy was a nerd. Hey Principle go back to banging Thai trannies you fag.
Hey now, what's with the name calling? Haven't u heard its not allowed on this board? It only shows how unintelligent u are. C'mon swarm, you're better than that, you can make fun of principal simply using pictures. ;)

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry. The WR corps only rates a B with 5000 passing yards 2 years in a row and the best WR since Jerry Rice (sorry, Randy Moss, Megatron's better than you)?

The principal gets an F and needs to take summer school to avoid being held back.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry. The WR corps only rates a B with 5000 passing yards 2 years in a row and the best WR since Jerry Rice (sorry, Randy Moss, Megatron's better than you)?

The principal gets an F and needs to take summer school to avoid being held back.

Sorry, but we need more than 1 guy even if he is the best in the league. A ton of those passing yards last year were in garbage time. B is about right. But what's with the A for RB ? That must be a misprint. I hope he's right but show me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but we need more than 1 guy even if he is the best in the league. A ton of those passing yards last year were in garbage time.

I thought this was just an argument that Stafford/Calvin haters uses. Which games and which yards were in "garbage time?"

week 1 - W 27-23 over Rams 4 pt win
week 2 - L 19-27 to Niners came down to last play in the game
week 3 - L 41-44 (OT) to the Titans came down to last play in game
week 4 - L 13-20 to Vikes came down to final minutes
week 5 - bye
week 6 - W 26-23 over the Eagles 3 pt win
week 7 - L 7-13 to Bears came down to final minutes
week 8 W over Seattle 28-24 another close, 4 point game

weird, no garbage time yet...Let's keep looking.

week 9 W over Jax 31-14 I suppose a hater could use this blowout win to try to dig up some "garbage time" to try and discredit some offensive numbers if they were desperate.
week 10 - 10 pt loss to the Vikes 24-34 widest margin in a loss all year long.
week 11 - L 20-24 to the Pack, another 4 point loss
week 12 - 31-34 OT L to the Texans. We all know the deal here.
week 13 - 2 point loss to the Colts on the last play of the game.
week 14 - 7 point loss the Packers.
week 15 - Lions get blown out for the first time all year. 10-38 in AZ.
week 16 - Another bad L 18-31 vs. ATL
week 17 - 2 point L to the Bears.

So again I ask, where is all this "garbage time"?? 16 games, Lions were in all but 2 of them (Cards and ATL). I can understand a Bear or Packer fan using this foul myth but Lions fans?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is a joke.

But I will not argue any grades at this point. The Lions are coming of a 4-12 season so it is reasonable to believe there is a talent issue at some positions.

The offensive line has not had a solid running game in years and the CBs are young and have allowed the likes of Matt Flynn to make millions. And I think everyone agrees the LBs have question marks.

IMO though the team is young and a year of experience helps Detroit more than say Green Bay. Reiff, Fox, Fairley, and 2/3 of the DB will get better with experience so that isn't factored into any grades. As well as a better special teams coach and a legit threat at RB that will command defenses to scheme for, something the Lions have not had in years.

Right now I am concerned with Stafford's mechanics it's kinda lost this off season with new O-Linemen and Defensive ends.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs should be a D+ at best. Tulloch was the only one worth his salt. Durant looked good statistically but was terrible. Levy was good at times and bad at times.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is a joke.

But I will not argue any grades at this point. The Lions are coming of a 4-12 season so it is reasonable to believe there is a talent issue at some positions.

The offensive line has not had a solid running game in years and the CBs are young and have allowed the likes of Matt Flynn to make millions. And I think everyone agrees the LBs have question marks.

IMO though the team is young and a year of experience helps Detroit more than say Green Bay. Reiff, Fox, Fairley, and 2/3 of the DB will get better with experience so that isn't factored into any grades. As well as a better special teams coach and a legit threat at RB that will command defenses to scheme for, something the Lions have not had in years.

Right now I am concerned with Stafford's mechanics it's kinda lost this off season with new O-Linemen and Defensive ends.
Most of this is very true, can't really disagree with it.

However, per the CBs, only one of our current CBs (Chris Houston) was around when Matt Flynn toasted us.
The other 5- Ron Bartell, Bill Bentley, Jonte Green, Chris Greenwood and Darius Slay- have all been added since then. So as far as that goes they basically have a clean slate...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs should be a D+ at best. Tulloch was the only one worth his salt. Durant looked good statistically but was terrible. Levy was good at times and bad at times.

D+ seems pretty low based on Tulloch alone. I'd rate Tully as a B, maybe a B+ MLB when he's really on. He's not an elite playmaker to merrit an A grade, but he's in that next wave of "very good" MLBs. I'd give Levy a C, maybe a C-, because, imo, he's an average OLB, and that's what a C is- average. That 3rd LB spot gets an incomplete since we'll be rolling out a new starter.

Factoring in that Tulloch is in the B range, Levy is in the C range and the other is an unknown I'd split the difference and give our LB corps a C overall...