• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I liked Corey Coleman coming out. Must of been a super lazy fuck not to succeed with his gifts.
Didn't give a shit about John Ross though. Thought Will Fuller would bust too, he has half proved me right.

We will see how this guy turns out but the odds are stacked against him with that speed. He will have to be super elite in every other area as NFL CB's are smarter, bigger and faster than most of the competition he was making catches against.

Could always put him in the slot.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could always put him in the slot.

IF, he makes the final 53, he'll line up all over.

Watch those tempered stutter steps he has from the jump and his always varying upper body shrugs to freeze or move/get the DB to lean opposite direction he actually goes. He's explosive off the LOS to get initial separation but he lacks that long speed.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn picked the best available player in round 2. You guys are always crying about GMs drafting for need and now you are bitching that he picked a guy we didnt need.

Or are you just upset because you have KJ in the fantasy league?

Lot to unpack in this.

1. I don't have any fantasy football teams
2. I was one in this forum defending the pick because Johnson can't stay healthy
3. When I put up my list of players I wanted with the pick before the round started Swift was on it.
4. I still think Okwara is a better player.

So close in your assessment there!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Bryant was the top-rated UDFA based on consensus draft boards

TBH, I don't expect much from Bryant but he should be able to remove Nauta as one our TE. He has some strong hands but most of his catches came from finding soft zone areas to get free. Then, you have to account for some hap-hazard play coming from his QB, Jacob Eason (not very accurate as a passer, kind of like Stafford when he was early on in his career.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot to unpack in this.

2. I was one in this forum defending the pick because Johnson can't stay healthy
3. When I put up my list of players I wanted with the pick before the round started Swift was on it.

I can confirm this message. YOU were spot on.

Okwara has quite a ways to go; lacks pass rush moves and counter moves, isn't a legit run stopper right now, lacks awareness in coverage. I think the GM's got this right as to the draft slot where he ended up. I still think it's a damn good pick but he isn't stepping in year 1 and getting 40% of the defensive snaps. He fits better at Jack than BQ's thoughts that Austin Bryant could at that position.

Swift should immediately rotate and be an upgrade over KJ in the pass game. Pass-pro protection, we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn picked the best available player in round 2. You guys are always crying about GMs drafting for need and now you are bitching that he picked a guy we didnt need.

Or are you just upset because you have KJ in the fantasy league?

Ya I loved that pick. Will be very hard not to take him 1st overall in my keeper dynasty draft.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can confirm this message. YOU were spot on.

Okwara has quite a ways to go; lacks pass rush moves and counter moves, isn't a legit run stopper right now, lacks awareness in coverage. I think the GM's got this right as to the draft slot where he ended up. I still think it's a damn good pick but he isn't stepping in year 1 and getting 40% of the defensive snaps. He fits better at Jack than BQ's thoughts that Austin Bryant could at that position.

Swift should immediately rotate and be an upgrade over KJ in the pass game. Pass-pro protection, we'll see how that goes.

No question Swift will have value first, 3 injuries with his limited snaps is a concern, but i have hope he stays healthy.

Is Okwara considered healed yet? Or will he still need some time.

I have warmed up to the Huntley pick, McKissic had more value than I expected last year, if he can fill that roll we should be thrilled.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^

Both Okudah and Arnette giving props to the "Cephus"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^

Both Okudah and Arnette giving props to the "Cephus"

I actually wanted Arnette in the second even if we took Okudah (which we did). Obviously I didn’t think Swift would be there or that he’d be gone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes for round 2 if no trade back.

1. A.J. Epenesa
2. Ross Blacklock
3. Zack Baun
4. Antoine Winfield
5. Yetur Gross-Matos
6. Tee Higgins
7. D apostrophe Andre Swift

just as a reminder @Old Lion

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Okwara considered healed yet? Or will he still need some time.

not yet. I haven't read anything regarding him running as of this time. He didn't do anything at the combine

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wanted Arnette in the second even if we took Okudah (which we did). Obviously I didn’t think Swift would be there or that he’d be gone.

Kind of on same track if we didn't get Okudah but was thinking for in line with #67 or hoping a sizeable trade down in 2nd to draft Arnette. Kid needs to reel in his emotions as that can severely mess with his play. If I remember right he was tossed in the game versus Michigan for losing his shit. Maybe it was Shaun Wade but Arnette has a long history of letting his emotions getting in the way and refs giving unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

I still liked his play over Terrell, Johnson and Diggs.

1st round was a stretch for Arnette, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Swift will have value first, 3 injuries with his limited snaps is a concern, but i have hope he stays healthy.

nothing too serious in his injuries though, More temporary nagging than long-term and it happens to many a player but you sure don't want to see that coming from a RB, CB or WR.

I think he'll be fine.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely fine with Swift being the pick.

BQ got who he wanted.

I was merely hoping/looking for DL help at that juncture.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have warmed up to the Huntley pick, McKissic had more value than I expected last year, if he can fill that roll we should be thrilled.

THIS.

I hope Huntley can make that transition from New Mexico State to NFL and if so, he'll become a good relief valve for Staff.

I can see some wheel routes out of the backfield coming to him. I don't see much in him as slot WR at this time. He doesn't have much awareness or experience at correct route running from the limited time to watch highlights only

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Quinn did better than my mock draft. I did get Ruiz in the second, but can't ding Quinn because he went earlier.

3. Detroit : Jeff Okudah - CB - Ohio St.
35. Detroit : Cesar Ruiz - C - Michigan
67. Detroit : Jordan Elliott - DT - Missouri
70. Detroit : Kyle Dugger - S - Lenoir-Rhyne
149. Detroit : James Lynch - DE - Baylor
182. Detroit : Joe Reed - WR - Virginia
235. Detroit : Jashon Cornell - DT - Ohio State

Looks like I reached on Elliot, steal on Reed, Lynch, and Dugger (based on actual draft slot)

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot to unpack in this.

Maybe I misunderstood your post then:noidea: