• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quintez Cephus' contested catch rate of 61.5% over the past two seasons ranks better than EVERY WR drafted before him.

Better than EVERY WR drafted before him.

just to make it clear

I like Cephus a lot more then I thought I would after seeing some film. He pulls some catches out of his ass and I am guessing some of those concentration drops were on balls that were not where they should have been.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Kelly: Julian Okwara will get bigger, faster, stronger with Lions

Romeo, just like Julian, played under head coach Brian Kelly for the Fighting Irish. While their NFL origin stories are remarkably similar, their personalities could not be any different.

“Romeo was laid back and very measured. Julian can be little bit more emotional at times,” Kelly told reporters in a press conference after the draft. “They will be a great tandem, not only on the field but off the field, and it’ll be a great match.”

The older Romeo has been a positive impact upon Julian in his development, but he has not been overbearing for his younger brother.

Both are strong rushers who prefer to bulldoze over blocker instead of using their hands to free themselves. Both of the pair have struggled against the run in their careers thus far.

Julian enters the league with a little more raw talent than Romeo did. He is a little more agile, athletic and twitchy than his brother, while also bringing the normal style of bull-rushing Lions head coach Matt Patricia loves in his defensive ends.

“What separated Julian from the other guys is that not only is he twitchy, [he’s] a true pass rusher,” Kelly said, “He is a physical player. If you need somebody to bull rush, he can bull rush. He’s not just a guy that’s gonna rush off the end.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they all had to prepare early and it was harder to change there minds over the phone/chat.

keep it the same next year is all I'm saying.

Whatever changed for the good this year needs to be employed next year. Yup.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cephus a lot more then I thought I would after seeing some film. He pulls some catches out of his ass and I am guessing some of those concentration drops were on balls that were not where they should have been.

I had KJ Hill rated higher due to his superb route running skills but I'm warming up to the "Cephus"

I did mention Cephus a while back (Toooot Toooooot) but honestly thought he'd go UDFA route. Doesn't matter.

I'm drowning in Honolulu-Blue Kool-Aid, baby.

All that open optimism by @RobBase and @broncosmitty and the closet optimist of @Old Lion , who'll soon be set free, has me joining the clan (wasn't invited, so fuck ya all).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions 2020 projected depth chart - Pride Of Detroit

This is where things get tricky. The only real thing for certain is Ragnow at center. Jonah Jackson could theoretically start at either guard spot. He played right guard for two years at Rutgers, but played left guard in his one year at Ohio State. He even has some center experience, which will likely push the one backup center on the team—Russell Bodine—off the roster. For now, I’m slotting him at right guard.

That leaves the left guard battle between 2020 starter Joe Dahl, rotational veteran Kenny Wiggins and rookie Logan Stenberg, who played solely left guard in college. Stenberg could very well win this battle, but Bob Quinn admitted he didn’t draft Stenberg with “need” in mind.

“It wasn’t a need-based picked, it was just kind of, ‘Hey, this is the best guy on the board,’” Quinn admitted.

So I don’t think he wins the battle right away, and this team clearly like both Dahl and Wiggins, as they’ve handed them each new contracts in the past year. And who knows? Maybe there won’t be a clear starter at the guard positions and we’re in for MORE ROTATIONS!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

I was wrong on pegging Stenberg for RG.

1st time.

sincerely
Old Lion
(I was hijacking Blue's account and have Never admitted 2 being wrong before. Those Trump College courses didn't pay off).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

I was wrong on pegging Stenberg for RG.

1st time.

sincerely
Old Lion
(I was hijacking Blue's account and have Never admitted 2 being wrong before. Those Trump College courses didn't pay off).
I know we're all board with quarantine lockdown. But let's tread lightly on the pegging talk.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quintez Cephus' contested catch rate of 61.5% over the past two seasons ranks better than EVERY WR drafted before him.

Better than EVERY WR drafted before him.

just to make it clear
That is pretty impressive. Especially considering how many receivers went ahead of him that look to be a lot better.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't mean anything, 7th round pick is a pure airball anyways. Might as well take a dude who has a shot to make the team vs a guy who you are just bringing in to see if he makes the practice squad.

Gingerdick is taking a massive gamble by sticking a career backup at RT for 10 million a year and hoping it works out.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're all board with quarantine lockdown. But let's tread lightly on the pegging talk.

One can Hope, Bob

Besides, that comment was more PG rated than @Old Lion tallin'bough CFB WR pullin' some catches out of his a**

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean anything, 7th round pick is a pure airball anyways. Might as well take a dude who has a shot to make the team vs a guy who you are just bringing in to see if he makes the practice squad.

Gingerdick is taking a massive gamble by sticking a career backup at RT for 10 million a year and hoping it works out.

injuries are a concern with the kid. Scheme he ran at U-Dub versus what they're bringing in is totally different. Trey Adams is all finesse and already broken down.

Drafting tOSU Cornell is a move where they didn't have to hope he's available and wanting to join the Lions as a UDFA.

I get your point though but it didn't happen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cephus is the Teez tabor of WR's.

Go and watch his games against Iowa, Michigan and tOSU and see him uproot CB from all three of those teams. Plus, he had a LOT of overthrown balls where he's twisting his body while still tracking the ball and bringing them down for a catch.

You and your speed thingy doesn't always work. John Ross anybody ? Ex-Baylor and Ex-Brown WR Corey Coleman anybody ? Lot's to write down here that had better speed but didn't have the physicality, wing-span, strong hands and ability to ball track.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn continued his long tradition of picking way better in the third than the 2nd.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your speed thingy doesn't always work. John Ross anybody ? Ex-Baylor and Ex-Brown WR Corey Coleman anybody ? Lot's to write down here that had better speed but didn't have the physicality, wing-span, strong hands and ability to ball track.

Yeah I liked Corey Coleman coming out. Must of been a super lazy fuck not to succeed with his gifts.
Didn't give a shit about John Ross though. Thought Will Fuller would bust too, he has half proved me right.

We will see how this guy turns out but the odds are stacked against him with that speed. He will have to be super elite in every other area as NFL CB's are smarter, bigger and faster than most of the competition he was making catches against.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn continued his long tradition of picking way better in the third than the 2nd.

Quinn picked the best available player in round 2. You guys are always crying about GMs drafting for need and now you are bitching that he picked a guy we didnt need.

Or are you just upset because you have KJ in the fantasy league?