• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions GM Bob Quinn explains all 9 draft picks

Round 7 - DL Jashon Cornell
Bob Quinn:

Where Penisini is more of a run player, Cornell is a defensive lineman that’s more of a pass rusher. He can play defensive end, he can rush from the inside at three-technique in passing situations. He was another guy in a very good defense. You can probably count off the number of guys from Ohio State that got drafted. This guy – when you watch all that film, he keeps showing up on film, making plays – especially as a pass rusher.

He was on our radar, but he was graded a little lower, I’d say in September and his grades progressively got higher through October, November and December. And then the more you watched Ohio State, the more you see this guy show up later in the season as a rusher.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a very good find for BQ but

I'm giving @Mebert the thumbs up as he had him in his SportsHoopla draft which finished long before the draft began.

:clap:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions GM Bob Quinn explains all 9 draft picks

Round 6 - DT John Penisini
Bob Quinn:

“He was kind of a clog in the middle of the defense that did all the dirty work. Really good scheme-fit for us, strong player, physical, plays low to the ground, uses his hands extremely well, great culture fit, great person, hard worker. That was a really easy pick for us.”

That was my thoughts as well. I like that he plays so low. That is one thing Atkins does not do. I expect both rookies to pass him on the depth chart possibly this year but definitely next.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sifted through some quick highlights of "Big Slot" TE Hinter Bryant and when you watch some of the throws U-Dub's QB, Jacob Eason, delivers you see quite a bit of same type of velocity that Stafford has. Those shallow seam routes and deep outs or dig routes, this kid has very good, strong hands, and eye tracking skills.

at the 1:58 mark you'll see his concentration level with the USC safety coming in line with the ball and right around the 2:42 mark and 3:00 mark you'll see those bullets. This kid could become a good outlet for Stafford. Blocking isn't his thing.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thoughts as well. I like that he plays so low. That is one thing Atkins does not do. I expect both rookies to pass him on the depth chart possibly this year but definitely next.

Snacks, once he was released, talked up Atkins quite a bit. Snacks stated that if Atkins could get out of his own way that he'd become better than him. IDK what to make of that statement and he didn't expand on that remark either.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snacks, once he was released, talked up Atkins quite a bit. Snacks stated that if Atkins could get out of his own way that he'd become better than him. IDK what to make of that statement and he didn't expand on that remark either.

I did see that. Maybe the coaches see the same thing and that is why they kept him. I cant see why else. He stunk last year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

giphy.gif

l41YgYjOXrpBGqRlC.gif

Dude is such a greasy used car salesman type. Surprised he didn't get into politics sooner.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D apostrophe Andre Swift

Makes me laugh every time I read it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Dugger go in round 2 to the Pats?

New England has got to be one of the most interesting stories in forever. They never seem to draft great.
While I'm thinking about it, since I keep forgetting...

In Tiger King, the dark haired chick that works for PETA, Brittney, she went to HS with me. Lol

Wore these black pleather pants like three days a week. And was as fun to be around as you would assume. Not at all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swift, coming in at No.32, is behind other rookie draft picks Cam Akers, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Jonathan Taylor, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Ranking the NFL's 32 starting running backs by elusiveness | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

5. D’ANDRE SWIFT, DETROIT LIONS
Swift ended the pre-draft process as our RB1 in the 2020 Draft Guide, but during the 2019 season, he forced a missed tackle on under 20% of his touches while the other four rookies projected to earn the lion’s share of touches on their teams next season all put up marks above 26%. His route-running ability and natural hands should make him an ideal receiver for the running back position early on, but his broken tackle rates at Georgia signal he has some work to do at making guys miss once the ball is in his hands.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 bold predictions for the Lions' 2020 NFL Draft class

Jeff Okudah will win the NFL Rookie of the Week three times

Jonah Jackson starts all 16 games at left guard

Quintez Cephus will only catch 7 passes as a rookie

John Penisini will play more snaps than any other 6th round defensive player in this class

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 bold predictions for the Lions' 2020 NFL Draft class

Jeff Okudah will win the NFL Rookie of the Week three times

Jonah Jackson starts all 16 games at left guard

Quintez Cephus will only catch 7 passes as a rookie

John Penisini will play more snaps than any other 6th round defensive player in this class

Nothing outrageous here. JJ to start all 16 is only remotely bold. Okudah is somewhat a bold pick because we dont know if Undlin will start him right away. The last 2 could easily happen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing outrageous here. JJ to start all 16 is only remotely bold. Okudah is somewhat a bold pick because we dont know if Undlin will start him right away. The last 2 could easily happen.

I don't see Jackson immediately starting and then all 16 games as far fetched.

Okudah should start day 1. Oruwariye doesn't have anything over Okudah from a talent perspective. Okudah is a film room junkie and a great student of the game from all the reports out there.

Should Okuduh Not start immediately, I'd be shocked and disappointed all at the same time.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Jackson immediately starting and then all 16 games as far fetched.

Okudah should start day 1. Oruwariye doesn't have anything over Okudah from a talent perspective. Okudah is a film room junkie and a great student of the game from all the reports out there.

Should Okuduh Not start immediately, I'd be shocked and disappointed all at the same time.

I see a rotation at G for this year so who "Starts" probably does not matter.

I would hope Okudah can start day 1 but there is talk of Coleman moving back to corner for a little bit. Okudah will definitely get playing time early but maybe not full time. I could also see him splitting with Oruwariye until one of them excels (hopefully both).

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been able to comprehend a fans perspective that player x isn't/hasn't become a pro bowl player so that player(s) skillset isn't worthy.

Pro Bowl selection is nothing more than a popularity contest, imo. Slay sure as hell wasn't deserving this past year and yet in 2017 he most certainly was deserving and wasn't selected.
Slay was one of five Lions to be named ESPN all-decade NFC North team.

Article said:
Slay was one of two cornerbacks named to the all-decade team. As a member of the Lions from 2013-2019, he recorded 347 tackles (296 solo) with 104 pass deflections and 19 interceptions. In 2017, Slay led the league in interceptions with eight and pass deflections with 26. He was also selected to three Pro Bowls and was named a first-team All-Pro in 2017.

Five Detroit Lions named to ESPN all-decade NFC North team

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3