• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS 2014 FREE AGENTS THREAD (all positons)

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think contract can be too much, both these signings are depth signings. Vaugh will serve as the 4th DT and Daryll Tapp will essentially replace Willie Young in the rotation

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapp to replace Young is every bit the disaster of a signing that Jason Jones was last year. This organization sucks.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, because that was such a big fucking disaster wasnt it.

I sense you're trying to be sarcastic, though I have no idea why.

Jason Jones compiled 1 single tackle, and 0 assists in 85 snaps before going down with yet another injury. That's quite disastrous for a guy brought in to be a starting DE.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, because that was such a big fucking disaster wasnt it.

Haahahaha, right?

Dude went on IR because of an injury, and now his signing is/was a disaster? Old Lion put it well with his comment about a lot of Lions fans being idiots...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - DB - Broncos
A source tells ProFootballTalk that free agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie turned down a six-year, $54 million offer from the Broncos.

The offer was made prior to the Broncos reached out to Darrelle Revis and Aqib Talib. Now Rodgers-Cromartie is the odd man out in a game of musical chairs. He's the best corner remaining on the market, but teams may be turned off by his retirement talk during Super Bowl week. DRC should've jumped on that Broncos offer.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Mar 13 - 3:36 PM

this kind of move puts it into perspective when some lions fans wanted to take a look see at him

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haahahaha, right?

Dude went on IR because of an injury, and now his signing is/was a disaster? Old Lion put it well with his comment about a lot of Lions fans being idiots...

No, going on the IR was the productive part of his season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen any rumor about it, but I would love for the Lions to bring Woodyard in. I think with him the Lions have 3 good linebackers. Not a lot of depth unless Whitehead develops, but it is at least 3 good starters.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapp to replace Young is every bit the disaster of a signing that Jason Jones was last year. This organization sucks.

I've never felt less enthused about this trash heap we root for.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepared to take the beating for this ......but has anyone thought about the possibility of bringing Munnerlyn in for a look?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepared to take the beating for this ......but has anyone thought about the possibility of bringing Munnerlyn in for a look?

I don't think he fits our needs. He's a very small slot CB (although a decent one), and we need some big outside CBs (or at least we need our big young CBs to step it up). I think between Bentley and Houston we should be covered for slot CBs.

Munnerlyn can ball, though, and I gotta say that he seems to play a lot bigger than his size. He reminds me of DeAngelo Hall in that regard...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he fits our needs. He's a very small slot CB (although a decent one), and we need some big outside CBs (or at least we need our big young CBs to step it up). I think between Bentley and Houston we should be covered for slot CBs.

Munnerlyn can ball, though, and I gotta say that he seems to play a lot bigger than his size. He reminds me of DeAngelo Hall in that regard...

He also has a really cool name, so he has that going for him too:laugh3:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The captain signed with the vikings

Yeah, that is bullshit too, only 7 million guaranteed?

We could of signed 2 captain munnerlyns instead of 1 Golden Tate.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is bullshit too, only 7 million guaranteed?

We could of signed 2 captain munnerlyns instead of 1 Golden Tate.

Still could. Doesn't have to be an either-or scenario.

I'd like to see us make a run at Brandon Browner. Or at least get him in for a visit to get a feel for the guy... his cost would be on par with what we'd like to spend...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Julian Edelman? He's somehow still on the market and is a helluva slot WR.

We still have a need at the position and signing him would allow us to really add some parts to the defense in the first three rounds. We could still land a quality WR prospect in the 4th or 5th round, imo, and really make over our WR corps.

I'm not saying this is the route I definitely think we should go, but it's an intriguing option, at least. I really didn't expect him to last this long on the open market after his 100+ catch, 1,000+ yard season last year.

He's reportedly visiting the 49ers now...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could throw Emanuel Sanders in that same boat- surprised he's still out there, wonder what his contract demands are? If we could get either guy in for a flexible deal like we did with Tate Lombardi would have a potent receiving crew at his disposal right out of the gates.

Get some combination of a CB, Safety, DE, and/or OLB in the first 3 or 4 rounds and our holes are filled. We still need another body at TE in this scenario, but there looks to be some athletic options at the positions in the middle round...