• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Limited options for OKC to build around Westbrook

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extensions for Adams and Oladipo may not have been Presti's finest moves, as they will greatly limit OKC's flexibility to bring in free agents for this summer.

One realistic move they could make is to bring back Thabo Sefolosha to replace Andre Roberson. Roberson is a good defender and rebounder for a wing, but is completely useless on the other end of the court, and his free-throw looks like the St. Louis arch. Pretty ugly. Let someone else cut him a big check.

Charles Barkley on TNT made a comment during the playoffs about the need for the Thunder to surround Westbrook with shooters. While Sefolosha's 34.2 percent mark from three last season isn't anything great, it's a considerable upgrade over Roberson's 24.5. Thabo is also more athletic and more adept ball-mover, good for team continuity.

A better backup PG to keep the offense flowing when Westbrook is on the bench would also be a nice thing to have.

All in all, I still believe Sam Presti is creative enough to somehow some way make the Thunder legit again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need shooters, but the lack of cap flexibility will make it difficult. They have talent, just pieces that don't fit. Not enough offersive skill on this team.

As for Roberson/Sefolosha, not sure how you can say Sefolsha is more athletic. Roberson is an elite NBA athlete. That is what makes him valuable. He is in the top 5% as far as being a pure athlete. When talking about guys more athletic than Roberson, the list is going to be pretty short and contain Mostly elite players. Sefolosha definitely has more skill, but he is still a very similiar player and not skilled enough to make a difference. He is a guy teams are willing to help off of.

Lastly, this team will not improve its ball movement by swapping role players. OKC has never moved the ball well. That won't change unless Russ changes. I don't see that hapenning anytime soon.

They need a couple guys like Reddick/Korver who are adept playing off the ball and will keep the defense from collapsing to contain Russ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need shooters, but the lack of cap flexibility will make it difficult. They have talent, just pieces that don't fit. Not enough offersive skill on this team.

As for Roberson/Sefolosha, not sure how you can say Sefolsha is more athletic. Roberson is an elite NBA athlete. That is what makes him valuable. He is in the top 5% as far as being a pure athlete. When talking about guys more athletic than Roberson, the list is going to be pretty short and contain Mostly elite players. Sefolosha definitely has more skill, but he is still a very similiar player and not skilled enough to make a difference. He is a guy teams are willing to help off of.

Lastly, this team will not improve its ball movement by swapping role players. OKC has never moved the ball well. That won't change unless Russ changes. I don't see that hapenning anytime soon.

They need a couple guys like Reddick/Korver who are adept playing off the ball and will keep the defense from collapsing to contain Russ.
I was just thinking JJ.

They have nothing of Value that the Clippers would want, unless it's picks.

That can't happen because the Thunder would need to send back near equal value since JJ wants........close to 20m.

* I still can't stop laughing *

Maybe a 3 Team deal with Melo to the Clippers, Redick to the Thunder, Knicks a box of ice cream sandwiches and a couple of picks?

* From the Thunder because the Clippers have all theirs away for 2 months of Jeff Green *

Oh, shit....they paid Olidipo.

Nevermind.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Ingles actually would be perfect for OKC, but I think he'll be out of their price range. Ingles could act as not only a floor spacer, but a secondary distributor and facilitator of the offense. You saw how effective he was with Utah and doing that.

I think the Adams extension was worth it, but definitely not sold on Oladipo. Not because Oladipo isn't worth that money in this market, but because his game is too similar to Westbrook for them to be a complimentary back court.

I'd look for Presti to try and move Oladipo if possible. I think a sign and trade with the Kings for Rudy Gay might be an interesting option.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple lower tier options that might be available to be had for OKC might be:

1) Ian Clark
2) Tony Snell
3) Patrick Patterson
4) CJ Miles
5) Omri Casspi
6) Nick Young
7) Justin Holiday
8) Terrance Jones

Guys I think would be great fits but not sure they can afford:

1) Danilo Gallinari
2) Joe Ingles
3) Ersan Ilyasova
4) Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
5) Rudy Gay
6) James Johnson

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Ingles actually would be perfect for OKC, but I think he'll be out of their price range. Ingles could act as not only a floor spacer, but a secondary distributor and facilitator of the offense. You saw how effective he was with Utah and doing that.

I think the Adams extension was worth it, but definitely not sold on Oladipo. Not because Oladipo isn't worth that money in this market, but because his game is too similar to Westbrook for them to be a complimentary back court.

I'd look for Presti to try and move Oladipo if possible. I think a sign and trade with the Kings for Rudy Gay might be an interesting option.
Way to think outside the box with Ingles.

You know the Clippers cut him?

:L

#DocIsNoBrainSurgeon

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple lower tier options that might be available to be had for OKC might be:

1) Ian Clark
2) Tony Snell
3) Patrick Patterson
4) CJ Miles
5) Omri Casspi
6) Nick Young
7) Justin Holiday
8) Terrance Jones

Guys I think would be great fits but not sure they can afford:

1) Danilo Gallinari
2) Joe Ingles
3) Ersan Ilyasova
4) Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
5) Rudy Gay
6) James Johnson

I want Gallo so bad.

Hell, Gallo....Melo....

Shit, I'd be happy to get Wilson Chandler or Will Barton.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to think outside the box with Ingles.

You know the Clippers cut him?

:L

#DocIsNoBrainSurgeon

Ingles also played for the Warriors summer league team in 09, which I think was his first time trying to get into the league. Obviously he got a lot better than he was at the time, but 09 the Warriors were terrible and could have game him a shot too.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they have a great talent in Westbrook, time to surround him with more talent.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Oklahoma to break it up and rebuild through the draft - They had their chance when they had Hardin, Durant and Westbrook and the other talent they let slip through their fingers. Westbrook needs to leave for a team he has a chance to win a title because it will never happen in Oklahoma

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they need someone like JJ Redick but I'm not sure they can afford him. Redick is probably gonna get 13 to 15 mil per . Danny Green could be cheaper but still be around 10 to 13.

I just quickly glanced over their cap situation and they are capped out with almost little to no room if they keep their roster in tact. They're gonna have to go basement shopping or make some deals to dump salary/bring other people in.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard KD has an opt-out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking JJ.

They have nothing of Value that the Clippers would want, unless it's picks.

That can't happen because the Thunder would need to send back near equal value since JJ wants........close to 20m.

* I still can't stop laughing *

Maybe a 3 Team deal with Melo to the Clippers, Redick to the Thunder, Knicks a box of ice cream sandwiches and a couple of picks?

* From the Thunder because the Clippers have all theirs away for 2 months of Jeff Green *

Oh, shit....they paid Olidipo.

Nevermind.

The 76ers are going to offer Redick $25 million per year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have some cap space depending on what they do with their free agents (Taj, Collison, Roberson, Cole). Ideally, McDermott would provide some of that perimeter shooting to space the floor. Oladipo is what he is; a solid all around player that is OK from 3 (36% last year), but not a true sniper (similar % and attempts to Boogie, for example).

Someone like Jodie Meeks might be a good under the radar type signing for the Thunder.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter?

Golden State will be coming out of the West until the end of Russ' career

Maybe he should just sign in GS

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter?

I know this is a joke, but Honestly, he doesn't fit them at all. Unless he were willing to be a 25 minute a game instant offense guy off the bench, he would only hurt their flow. Klay's defense and floor spacing is ideal to pair with KD and Curry.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter?

They wouldn't take him for the veteran minimum

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is you really believe that.

Not as sad as how your homerism blinds you to how the rest of the world sees KD and RW

And the fact is RW wouldn't go there for a big contract even. He can't play in that system.