• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grading the offseason to date

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were plenty that actually signed better player(s)...but improve overall? Probably none because our baseline was so horribly bad. Reverting to the mean isn't going to get an A out of me...

Well, you can only work with what you have in any given off-season, right? Hahn and company can't have a starting grade based on talent that they didn't possess.

Who do you think signed/traded for a better collection of players? I mean, I certainly don't think paying 300 million for a lone pitcher who is in your lineup once every five days makes a better off-season than ours. I wouldn't trade what we did for one Gerrit Cole.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can only work with what you have in any given off-season, right? Hahn and company can't have a starting grade based on talent that they didn't possess.

Who do you think signed/traded for a better collection of players? I mean, I certainly don't think paying 300 million for a lone pitcher who is in your lineup once every five days makes a better off-season than ours. I wouldn't trade what we did for one Gerrit Cole.

We didn't score one of the top 5 free agents in baseball this offseason...There's a reason they get paid that much money. For all it's worth, the f*cking Twins just made a move for a player that is arguably better than any we've signed off another team in YEARS.

But why is this important? I don't follow every single MLB team like I do the Sox, obviously...but what if NONE of them deserved an A grade and thusly, the Sox had a better offseason? Doesn't matter. I could still give the Sox a B. I don't grade on a curve with this sh*t. LOL. *insert joke about grade inflation here*

True/False: The White Sox deserve an A because nobody else got one.

Definitively false...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to say I stand by what I said at the beginning of this offseason. Our best signing is/will be Abreu. Only chance of topping that is Robert if he turns out to be epic like they claim...but Abreu is the best proven player we signed.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffff BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH

Now, that's a funny joke. Thanks, Iddy.

James McCann the .247/.296/.387 career slashing catcher with middling defense is better than one of the best two way catcher's in baseball. That's priceless.
you obviously don't know much about yasmani.