• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how he's frantically searching for his 10 articles in 10 minutes and finding nothing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how he's frantically searching for his 10 articles in 10 minutes and finding nothing.

It's called I was on the Broncos board responding to a couple of posts.

And all my numbers that I produced were on a per game basis so no the Bye had nothing to do with the numbers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So that article you pulled up has a QB who was getting trashed by his teammates and everyone praising DC for not signing him ranked higher then Dak or Wentz. Kirk Cousins is playing better then Dak or Wentz?

Again... the rookie of the year so far is Zeek.

I just cant see how you can say a QB with a great OLine not playing a traditional O, standing in the shotgun with 5 seconds to throw 10 to 15 yard passes is playing better then Wentz. Again, the degree of difficulty is not even close. Ill go post the article that ranked Wentz #1 and Dak #15 if you'd like from last week. Are you really watchinthe Eagles games and comparing what they are doing and saying, "Dak is playing better"? He stays in the shot gun, hangs out for about 8 seconds and throws absolutely beautiful strikes over and over. Wentz is lined up over C (something Dallas doesnt trust Dak to do but will when Romo comes back) and when he isnt getting sacked 3 times in the first quarter he is throwing a hole bunch of screens and short passes to adapt to the intense pressure. But Dak hasnt thrown no where near the gorgeous deep passes right on the money like Wentz has. Im boggled that you can sit back and compare the two. Its like watching a free throw shooter nail 99% of his foul shots and then watching some guy split 4 defenders and hit a fall away 3 pointer at the buzzer and say, "The guy nailing the foul shots is playing better:. I just dont see it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just ridiculous. The difficulty of throws isn't even comparable. Wentz won rookie of the month. Dak has been flawless running the system but they are playing completely different. One has a superstar RB with a dominating oLine.
Sorry but Dak is better in my opinion. Wentz is runner-up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that article you pulled up has a QB who was getting trashed by his teammates and everyone praising DC for not signing him ranked higher then Dak or Wentz. Kirk Cousins is playing better then Dak or Wentz?

I just cant see how you can say a QB with a great OLine not playing a traditional O, standing in the shotgun with 5 seconds to throw 10 to 15 yard passes is playing better then Wentz. Again, the degree of difficulty is not even close. Ill go post the article that ranked Wentz #1 and Dak #15 if you'd like from last week. Are you really watchinthe Eagles games and comparing what they are doing and saying, "Dak is playing better"? He stays in the shot gun, hangs out for about 8 seconds and throws absolutely beautiful strikes over and over. Wentz is lined up over C (something Dallas doesnt trust Dak to do but will when Romo comes back) and when he isnt getting sacked 3 times in the first quarter he is throwing a hole bunch of screens and short passes to adapt to the intense pressure. But Dak hasnt thrown no where near the gorgeous deep passes right on the money like Wentz has. Im boggled that you can sit back and compare the two. Its like watching a free throw shooter nail 99% of his foul shots and then watching some guy split 4 defenders and hit a fall away 3 pointer at the buzzer and say, "The guy nailing the foul shots is playing better:. I just dont see it.

I have watched both play and I like both of them. I don't think picking one over the other means the other one is a bad QB. I think both teams should be counting their lucky stars as it looks like they found good to great QB's that should be around for the next 10-18 years. Right now I would just say that Dak has been better but not by much. I think Wentz has the better long-term potential of the two.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Dak is better in my opinion. Wentz is runner-up.

Tell me why you think that. Ive watched every Eagles and every Cowboy game closely and being honest I can't fathom how anyone thinks that. Dak is in the shot gun every play with a half hour to disect other teams and he is doing it FLAWLESSLY. But the Cowboys are saying, "Put him in the gun behind a great OLine because he isnt ready to line up under center and read D's". THey are adapting the game to hide what he hasnt developed yet. Wentz is thrown behind a rookie RT who got him sacked 3 times in the first quarter. But they trust him to play under center and read D's.

They are playing 2 completely different games. If Wentz had Zeek and that OLine this wouldnt even be up for debate. I've seen Dak throw one great deep pass this year (Against GB) and Ive seen Wentz throw magical plays over and over.

Yeah... now I got what was on the tip of my tongue. Dak is playg the system flawlessly. Wentz is making jaw dropping plays that Dak isnt. Thats what I wanted to say. They have even numbers even though Dallas has a tremendously better O. Dak is delivering on the money over and over and over which is amazing. Wentz is making all pro plays that Ive yet to see Dak do.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched both play and I like both of them. I don't think picking one over the other means the other one is a bad QB. I think both teams should be counting their lucky stars as it looks like they found good to great QB's that should be around for the next 10-18 years. Right now I would just say that Dak has been better but not by much. I think Wentz has the better long-term potential of the two.

We have come to an agreement. I like how you worded this. Great discussion by the way.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE has this award wrapped up and it's not even close. Dak and Wentz will receive a couple votes.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course EE leads by a bunch and some now, but you never know with 10 games left.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE has this award wrapped up and it's not even close. Dak and Wentz will receive a couple votes.

EE has under 700 yards, it's not wrapped up.
One bad step and the picture changes completely.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE will have a hard time beating out a qb so Dak will probabaly win ROY but Wentz is still the darkhorse

I'd take Wentz easily for the long run over either Cowboy.
For this year he'll have to be real strong to beat them out.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE has under 700 yards, it's not wrapped up.
One bad step and the picture changes completely.

He has 703 yards rushing and is on pace to have about 1900 yards rushing and over 2,200 total yards from scrimmage with 14 TD's. He might work his way into the MVP race on this pace.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Wentz easily for the long run over either Cowboy.
For this year he'll have to be real strong to beat them out.

Wentz wont play like he did the first 3 weeks. The OLine was playing fine because as a unit they are fairly good becuase RT Lane Johnson was playing at a pro bowl level. His replacement is brutal and the entire line collapsed because of it. Wentz wont get the numbers Zeek or Dak get this year. He is going to have some really difficult struggles... starting this week vs Minny.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously you claim to have watched cowboys games but the way your describing shit is far from what is actually happening. You keep talking out of your ass about things you think happen which ONCE again did not happen.

On Dak not lining up under center:

The Cowboys ran 64 plays on offense against Green Bay. Dak was under center 37 times and in the shotgun 27 times. To put this into perspective Romo was in the shotgun 76% of plays last year.

I wonder what the next bullshit statement you will come up with is.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Bradford have his current team undefeated.

Sure does.

He's also not a rookie nor has he done jack shit in his NFL career. :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a dump off pass to Beasley with supreme blocking turns into a 55 yard play. The types of throws they are completing aren't even comparable.

That's not at ALL what you were saying about Cole early on. Remember you talking trash about how his average per catch was so low?

Now it is super high? Cmon man!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you discount the fact that the gameplan for both QB's is different. Dak is playing in a "hold the fort until Tony gets back" which means the calls are conservative and confidence building. He isn't asked to air it out and win the game. Carson is being groomed for the future and nothing to hold back. This is the best they got so cut him loose.

And Dak is still out performing him with the exception of throwing the ball downfield and missing his WR.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz only has 1 more pass over 20 yards this year. Please tell me more how Dak has no deep ball.