• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol if we want to talk about shitty situations Kessler is definitely making the best of his. :dhd:
He's doing a lot with very little, that's for sure.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is playing better for those reasons you stated. If you are asking who is more impressive, then Carson is because of those same reasons.

Ohhhh... now I get what youre saying. So if like Im asked to shoot 500 layups and LeBron James is asked to take 500 half court shots and I make more... then I'm playing better then LeBron James. Now I get what you're saying. :dhd:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Carson throw a game ending interception? Did Dak?

Tell me what about that is wrong.

Here is the problem with that. We were doing it because of a horrific fumble where we should have kneeled, punted and won. Wentz was absolutely fabulous and brought us back from a deep hole and took the lead. It was a bad throw and I dont know if you know the knock on Wentz is "he goes for the big play too often". On that play Ertz was WIDE open for a 10-15 yard pickup. But if Aaron Rodgers didnt completely crash and burn over the last two years and hit the wide open players all over the field Daks 2 fumbles could have been even worse. It was a bad throw but its a rookie throwing to no talent with seconds left in the game. I didnt really feel like Wentz lost the game for us. He was phenomenal that game. He did get rattled for the Skins after all the first quarter sacks. That was the first game all year he was throwing high and missing receivers. He did get rattled and Dak hasnt gotten rattled yet. Coincidentally, Daks knock was he gets erratic and rattled when under pressure. Dallas was a great place for him to land because with that iron wall he hasnt had much pressure on him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you move to Phoenix to be near family?

Nope. After 30 years in Philly I couldnt take the rain anymore. Now I cant take the heat. Need to hit the powerball and move to Redondo-Manhattan Beach.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has played better then Dak. But the rookie of the year right now is Zeek. Voting right not would be...
1. Zeek
2. Wentz
3. Dak

You got some splainin to do Lucy.

Player Att Cmp Pct Yds YPA TD TD% Int Int% Lg Sack Loss Rate
Dak Prescott 182 125 68.7 1,486 8.2 7 3.8 1 0.5 47 9 44 103.9
Rushing stats
20 carries, 67 yards, 3.5 ypc, 3 TDs

Dallas 5-1, 1st place NFC East

Carson Wentz 157 102 65.0 1,186 7.6 7 4.5 1 0.6 73t 12 60 99.9
Rushing stats
13 carries, 37 yards, 2.8 ypc, 0 TDs

Philly 4-2 in 3rd or 4th place NFC East

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rushing stats

Rushing stats

Read the thread. Dak has been great. More than great. But they are doing two completely different things that me and Ford agreed upon. Dak is slinging money shots over and over and over while standing behind a tremendous OLine with an all star RB. He isnt being asked to do what Wentz has. Wentz is playing a pro style O lining up under center, scanning the field and going through his progressions while under attack... especially since Lane Johnson got suspended. I said before... before the GB game Dak completed one pass that traveled more than 20 yards in the air while Wentz is calling audibles and slinging deep bombs that are right on the money. Because of the Cowboy's superior OLine they can ease Dak in with a modified game plan of find the open receiver 10-15 yards down the field while standing behind a great OLine. They are playing completely different styles of QB with Wentz's style being much much MUCH more difficult. Thats why Wentz won NFL player of the week once and NFL rookie of the month while Zeek and Dak didnt. But I still think Zeek is by far the rookie of the year.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the thread. Dak has been great. More than great. But they are doing two completely different things that me and Ford agreed upon. Dak is slinging money shots over and over and over while standing behind a tremendous OLine with an all star RB. He isnt being asked to do what Wentz has. Wentz is playing a pro style O lining up under center, scanning the field and going through his progressions while under attack... especially since Lane Johnson got suspended. I said before... before the GB game Dak completed one pass that traveled more than 20 yards in the air while Wentz is calling audibles and slinging deep bombs that are right on the money. Because of the Cowboy's superior OLine they can ease Dak in with a modified game plan of find the open receiver 10-15 yards down the field while standing behind a great OLine. They are playing completely different styles of QB with Wentz's style being much much MUCH more difficult. Thats why Wentz won NFL player of the week once and NFL rookie of the month while Zeek and Dak didnt. But I still think Zeek is by far the rookie of the year.

I'm just runnin my mouth, homey. Aside from the games they played against the Skins. I haven't seen much of either. I was just passing though and noticed that Boys and Boys fans and Boys and Eagles fans were busy giving each other rim-jobs and handies in the general forum. Far be it from me to fuck off y'all's festivities for too long though. I'll be on my way now.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all check out my page. Its just gonna be a page for anything sports memes, scores, updates, discussions, betting lines, trivia. Just for fun but lets get it rolling and see what we can make of it. feel free to post as well. lets have fun with it

ban-button-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all check out my page. Its just gonna be a page for anything sports memes, scores, updates, discussions, betting lines, trivia. Just for fun but lets get it rolling and see what we can make of it. feel free to post as well. lets have fun with it
I have a bet for you. I say you don't last 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh... now I get what youre saying. So if like Im asked to shoot 500 layups and LeBron James is asked to take 500 half court shots and I make more... then I'm playing better then LeBron James. Now I get what you're saying. :dhd:

Yes, if you make more shots then you are playing better. "Playing better" doesn't mean you do your job better. If your job is to score baskets and you make more, regardless of the situation then you are better at your job. Lebron making 100 of them would be impressive, but if you make 200 layups (being generous here) then you have scored more points and been more efficient.

I'm confused why this is a hard concept to grasp.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem with that. We were doing it because of a horrific fumble where we should have kneeled, punted and won. Wentz was absolutely fabulous and brought us back from a deep hole and took the lead. It was a bad throw and I dont know if you know the knock on Wentz is "he goes for the big play too often". On that play Ertz was WIDE open for a 10-15 yard pickup. But if Aaron Rodgers didnt completely crash and burn over the last two years and hit the wide open players all over the field Daks 2 fumbles could have been even worse. It was a bad throw but its a rookie throwing to no talent with seconds left in the game. I didnt really feel like Wentz lost the game for us. He was phenomenal that game. He did get rattled for the Skins after all the first quarter sacks. That was the first game all year he was throwing high and missing receivers. He did get rattled and Dak hasnt gotten rattled yet. Coincidentally, Daks knock was he gets erratic and rattled when under pressure. Dallas was a great place for him to land because with that iron wall he hasnt had much pressure on him.

It's a one word answer, yes or no. Did Carson throw a game ending INT? Did Dak? I don't care about the butterfly events that led up to it.

Yes
No

one word answer.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rushing stats

Rushing stats

Great, another Cowboys homer trying to defend Dak. :dhd:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is playing great football. I personally can't see why anyone is getting upset if they choose Carson or Dak. My opinion is based on what I have seen from both QB's. We can argue this back and forth but the bottom line is that until Dak faces a seriously good defense he is going to be treated like the second coming. It is sad to me because Zeke is the one that really should get the accolades. He is the driving force behind the Cowboys offense and when Dez come back they are going be even better. Dak is not going to be asked to carry the team on his shoulder like Carson is right now.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is playing great football. I personally can't see why anyone is getting upset if they choose Carson or Dak. My opinion is based on what I have seen from both QB's. We can argue this back and forth but the bottom line is that until Dak faces a seriously good defense he is going to be treated like the second coming. It is sad to me because Zeke is the one that really should get the accolades. He is the driving force behind the Cowboys offense and when Dez come back they are going be even better. Dak is not going to be asked to carry the team on his shoulder like Carson is right now.
He has faced better defenses than Wentz has?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has faced better defenses than Wentz has?

And your point is? Just because he faced better defenses than Wentz does not mean he has faced a good one. Neither QB has faced any good defenses IMO. Dak has the advantage of playing behind one of the best if not the best offensive line in the NFL. That helps him a lot. I am not sure if you watched the Eagles/Skins game but you can see the difference between the two. The Skins have no shot of getting to Dak with their front four....not going to happen. Without Lane Johnson...Wentz was a sitting duck. He had lineman in his face before he would finish his drop back.