• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it to Dak. He has been clutch when the team needed it. He has protected the football and honestly should have a few more touchdowns as his WR's have not done him many favors this year at times. Really impressed with this kid. Elliot is 2nd in my opinion but more just because of the downgrade of the position. The two are close.
Dak has done a great job of avoiding risky decisions throughout an entire game. He doesn't try to force anything and seems to be able to take what the defense gives him. You can't ask for much more than that from a rookie.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you discount the fact that the gameplan for both QB's is different. Dak is playing in a "hold the fort until Tony gets back" which means the calls are conservative and confidence building. He isn't asked to air it out and win the game. Carson is being groomed for the future and nothing to hold back. This is the best they got so cut him loose.

And Dak is still out performing him with the exception of throwing the ball downfield and missing his WR.

Wait... You just said Wentz was playing better a page ago? Here is the truth whether you Cowboy fans want to admit it or not. When you watch Dak you have to be impressed that he is picking teams apart over and over and over. It's really been amazing. When you watch Wentz he makes these absolutely stunning plays that make you think he could be the best QB in the league in a few years. I'm not seeing those jaw dropping plays out of Dak like I am with Wentz.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much the same ole

the eagles QB gets graded on a curve cause Dallas has superior talent

hardly matters with 10 games to play

When was that ever brought up in prior years. You have to admit a rookie QB is at a tremendous advantage when he is playing behind the leagues best line. Look what the RB is doing too. Dallas has absolutely been nailing their first round picks while Philly hasn't.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz only has 1 more pass over 20 yards this year. Please tell me more how Dak has no deep ball.

You are confused. We are talking about passes that travel in the air more then 20 yards. I dont know what the numbers are after GB but Dak has had only 1 completion in the first 5 weeks. For example the great play a few weeks ago to Beasley was a quick screen that turned into a 55 yard play and counts as a play for over 20 yards... but the ball didnt travel in the air 20 yards.

Again... Dak has been absolutely money dissecting teams and taking what they give him. He is protected by a great line has has just been MONEY hitting players over and over.

Though their numbers are identical, Wentz makes STUNNING elite level QB throws that Dak doesnt throw. Maybe by design, but you dont look at Daks throws and say, "Holy smokes, this kid is a phenomenal talent".

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have both made those kind of plays you're just a hater and won't admit Dak is making the same kind of plays that td to butler yesterday was money and made we say exactly what you say he hasn't done. Open your eyes and actually watch him play.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have both made those kind of plays you're just a hater and won't admit Dak is making the same kind of plays that td to butler yesterday was money and made we say exactly what you say he hasn't done. Open your eyes and actually watch him play.

A hater? Jesus. I said Zeek is the rookie of the year. I said Dak has been phenomenal and would be 3rd in rookie of the year voting. How is that hating? I've done nothing but praise his play cause he has been money since he first walked on the field in preseason. That pass to Butler was gorgeous. I was telling my friend they should go with Romo cause he makes better plays down the field and when he made that great pass to Butler and called my Cowboy homie up and said... "That was a great down the field pass maybe they should stick with him"

The truth is you're being the hater. If Philly offered Dallas (Wentz) for (Dak and a 1st) Jerry would jump on that trade in a nanosecond. Every single GM in the league would take Wentz over Dak after what we've seen. That is no knock on Dak cause he has be flawless outside of the 2 fumbles. Absolutely flawless. But if you open your eyes you'll see Wentz making plays EVERY WEEK that make you say, "This kid might turn into the best QB in the NFL". The Dlineman on Pittsburgh said he was going to be a hall of famer. When you here people praise Dak they say, "He is poised". "He runs the system perfectly". "He doesnt turn the ball over". You dont hear, "This kid is going to be a hall of famer from oppossing players.

Dak is playing smart, precise, turnover free football. Wentz is making plays that make you think he could be the best QB in football one day. Dak is not making the jaw dropping plays Wentz and Zeek are. Thats why Wentz won rookie of the month and NFL player of the week all ready.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... You just said Wentz was playing better a page ago? Here is the truth whether you Cowboy fans want to admit it or not. When you watch Dak you have to be impressed that he is picking teams apart over and over and over. It's really been amazing. When you watch Wentz he makes these absolutely stunning plays that make you think he could be the best QB in the league in a few years. I'm not seeing those jaw dropping plays out of Dak like I am with Wentz.

Did I? I said I was more impressed with what Carson has done, which is more with less. I have watched Wentz, every game. He looks poised, but no he doesn't amaze me with stunning plays. He misses as many WR's as I expect from a rookie, he doesn't get through his progressions like I expect from a rookie, and he looks like a rookie out there. I don't think Dak looks like a rookie, but he isn't put in many spots to be able to. When he is playing behind he doesn't throw a pick. In his one loss he made the right play, it was TWill that chose not to get out of bounds and we lost the game. Carson has prevented the Eagles from winning one game, Dak has not.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hater? Jesus. I said Zeek is the rookie of the year. I said Dak has been phenomenal and would be 3rd in rookie of the year voting. How is that hating? I've done nothing but praise his play cause he has been money since he first walked on the field in preseason. That pass to Butler was gorgeous. I was telling my friend they should go with Romo cause he makes better plays down the field and when he made that great pass to Butler and called my Cowboy homie up and said... "That was a great down the field pass maybe they should stick with him"

The truth is you're being the hater. If Philly offered Dallas (Wentz) for (Dak and a 1st) Jerry would jump on that trade in a nanosecond. Every single GM in the league would take Wentz over Dak after what we've seen. That is no knock on Dak cause he has be flawless outside of the 2 fumbles. Absolutely flawless. But if you open your eyes you'll see Wentz making plays EVERY WEEK that make you say, "This kid might turn into the best QB in the NFL". The Dlineman on Pittsburgh said he was going to be a hall of famer. When you here people praise Dak they say, "He is poised". "He runs the system perfectly". "He doesnt turn the ball over". You dont hear, "This kid is going to be a hall of famer from oppossing players.

Dak is playing smart, precise, turnover free football. Wentz is making plays that make you think he could be the best QB in football one day. Dak is not making the jaw dropping plays Wentz and Zeek are. Thats why Wentz won rookie of the month and NFL player of the week all ready.

I prefer the players on my team to win the awards and trophies at the end of the season, not the beginning.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a side note, the bar should also be higher for a #2 pick vs a 4th rounder. If the stats are "about even" then the 4th rounder gets the benefit of the doubt considering the expectations were obviously lower and the performance must have been much better than expected.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I? I said I was more impressed with what Carson has done, which is more with less. I have watched Wentz, every game. He looks poised, but no he doesn't amaze me with stunning plays. He misses as many WR's as I expect from a rookie, he doesn't get through his progressions like I expect from a rookie, and he looks like a rookie out there. I don't think Dak looks like a rookie, but he isn't put in many spots to be able to. When he is playing behind he doesn't throw a pick. In his one loss he made the right play, it was TWill that chose not to get out of bounds and we lost the game. Carson has prevented the Eagles from winning one game, Dak has not.

I've always liked you because you could be objective but your caught up in the hysteria of the Cowboys rebirth. No freaking way has Wentz looked like a rookie. He's done an incredible job of going through his progressions. Thats what everyone was raving about and why he won rookie of the month. You are so complete way off in your assessment. Everything you said has been the exact opposite. This has just gotten ridiculous cause of the Dallas hype. Why did he win rookie of the month and player of rhe week and Dak hasnt?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the players on my team to win the awards and trophies at the end of the season, not the beginning.

So you say Dak is playing better even though he's playing with training wheels on behind a tremendous oline. But the guy behind the poor oline whose WR lead the NFL in dropped passes and actually won NFL player of the week and rookie of the month and your with reply is I want to win the awards at the end. Beautiful deflection.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyeballing footballoutsiders defensive rankings, Dak has played only 1 top 10 defense and that D is GB who 17th against the pass. 0 Top 10 pass defenses faced.

Wentz has played the 32nd rated defense, 27th rated defense, 24th rated defense, 18th rated defense, 15th rated defense.

I'm not sure how anyone could get passionate about this debate so early.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how anyone could get passionate about this debate so early.

I agree. I am all for a debate but once it gets into a ridiculous fight it is not fun any longer. I personally think Carson Wentz is better. I am impressed with what he has done with less. I too mentioned the poor defenses he has faced. It is really hard to argue against Dak as well. I think Carson has more upside and will be better long term but that does not mean Dak is not going to be a stud either.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked you because you could be objective but your caught up in the hysteria of the Cowboys rebirth. No freaking way has Wentz looked like a rookie. He's done an incredible job of going through his progressions. Thats what everyone was raving about and why he won rookie of the month. You are so complete way off in your assessment. Everything you said has been the exact opposite. This has just gotten ridiculous cause of the Dallas hype. Why did he win rookie of the month and player of rhe week and Dak hasnt?

Did Carson throw a game ending interception? Did Dak?

Tell me what about that is wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you say Dak is playing better even though he's playing with training wheels on behind a tremendous oline. But the guy behind the poor oline whose WR lead the NFL in dropped passes and actually won NFL player of the week and rookie of the month and your with reply is I want to win the awards at the end. Beautiful deflection.

Yes, he is playing better for those reasons you stated. If you are asking who is more impressive, then Carson is because of those same reasons.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now

Zeke
Dak
Kessler
Wentz