• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say at this point Zeke is ROY and I would give Dak/Weintz a tie for second.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Zeke is probably the ROY to date. However, he may lose because Dak will take some of the votes from him.

I certainly like our rookie QB, and still think he will be the best QB of this class, so I can't complain, but it looks like Dallas got not one but two studs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Zeke is probably the ROY to date. However, he may lose because Dak will take some of the votes from him.

I certainly like our rookie QB, and still think he will be the best QB of this class, so I can't complain, but it looks like Dallas got not one but two studs.

I think it will be Zeke in a runaway......Dak looked really pedestrian last night, and I get a feeling as the season moves on, youre gonna see defenses make him look like that a few more times, Zeke will not be really slowed by anything but injury

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas is going to win the division and it will be hardy to deny one of their rookies the award. But if Philly goes 10-6 or so and gets the wildcard I could see Wentz being in the conversation.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas is going to win the division and it will be hardy to deny one of their rookies the award. But if Philly goes 10-6 or so and gets the wildcard I could see Wentz being in the conversation.

Wentz will stay in the conversation for sure, and plenty of time left for it to be anyones game. But as of right now, Zeke has the edge IMO

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz will stay in the conversation for sure, and plenty of time left for it to be anyones game. But as of right now, Zeke has the edge IMO

Wentz is gonna have to make a throw more than 5 yards......32 completion and 202 yards is not all that impressive....And I know his WR's love dropping the ball, but at some point, you have to make some throws to win games

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made some deep throws in other games, but yes, they were extremely conservative last night. Thing is it would have worked. When they got cute the lost.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made some deep throws in other games, but yes, they were extremely conservative last night. Thing is it would have worked. When they got cute the lost.

Think in the long run, Pederson should be keeping Ryan Matthews interested.......Using Sproles as an everydown back, is gonna fail more than it succeeds....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill has quietly been very productive as a WR, in addition to his return ability, the past two weeks. Reminds me of a young Desean Jackson.

As for ROY I still think the best player is clearly Zeke and it's not even remotely close right now for me.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is gonna have to make a throw more than 5 yards......32 completion and 202 yards is not all that impressive....And I know his WR's love dropping the ball, but at some point, you have to make some throws to win games

In order for that to happen he will need his receivers will need to get open. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that will respect the Eagles receivers. Wentz took what the Cowboys gave last night and you really can't fault him for that. Dak did the same thing. While his overall yards per attempt show 7.4 it is a bit misleading. Take away the deep ball from Dez and his YPA is not much better than Wentz. I personally consider YPA one of the most overrated stats there is because it can be misleading. A QB can go 1-9 for 90 yards and have a YPA of 9.0.

In the end last night it was the feet of Dak that made the difference. I think as a passer Wentz had a better performance but this is a game where everything makes a difference. I would still prefer Wentz because I know what it is like to have a QB who can run not complete the deal (See McNabb). I see Dak as a bigger, stronger Russell Wilson but I am probably one of the few people that think Russell Wilson is overrated.

Like I said....Dak made the plays when they really counted last night. He used his feet to escape the pressure. He is also very strong. His running causes defenses to panic and you saw that with the game winning TD. Twe Eagle defenders collided with each other that led to Witten being completely wide open. That does not happen if Dak does not do something magical with his feet.

I pray that someday Wentz has a line and weapon like Dak. Now Cowboys fans don't go getting upset.....I am not saying that Dak is not good. For 3 qtrs I thought he was bad or should I say the Eagles shut him down. In the 4th Qtr and overtime he and the Cowboys Coaches made the plays and calls that counted.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh......and as I have been saying for weeks now....Zeke is by far the ROY

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think in the long run, Pederson should be keeping Ryan Matthews interested.......Using Sproles as an everydown back, is gonna fail more than it succeeds....
I'm not so sure about that. I was pretty happy every time Sproles left the field last night.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after last nights performance, I would say

Dak
Carson
Zeke

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for that to happen he will need his receivers will need to get open. I don't think there is a team in the NFL that will respect the Eagles receivers. Wentz took what the Cowboys gave last night and you really can't fault him for that. Dak did the same thing. While his overall yards per attempt show 7.4 it is a bit misleading. Take away the deep ball from Dez and his YPA is not much better than Wentz. I personally consider YPA one of the most overrated stats there is because it can be misleading. A QB can go 1-9 for 90 yards and have a YPA of 9.0.

In the end last night it was the feet of Dak that made the difference. I think as a passer Wentz had a better performance but this is a game where everything makes a difference. I would still prefer Wentz because I know what it is like to have a QB who can run not complete the deal (See McNabb). I see Dak as a bigger, stronger Russell Wilson but I am probably one of the few people that think Russell Wilson is overrated.

Like I said....Dak made the plays when they really counted last night. He used his feet to escape the pressure. He is also very strong. His running causes defenses to panic and you saw that with the game winning TD. Twe Eagle defenders collided with each other that led to Witten being completely wide open. That does not happen if Dak does not do something magical with his feet.

I pray that someday Wentz has a line and weapon like Dak. Now Cowboys fans don't go getting upset.....I am not saying that Dak is not good. For 3 qtrs I thought he was bad or should I say the Eagles shut him down. In the 4th Qtr and overtime he and the Cowboys Coaches made the plays and calls that counted.
Good post. I will only say that you can't take away the long pass to Dez and then compare the YPA. that is being disingenuous. Why not take away the long incompletions too? Might as well say if Dak threw a TD in the red zone earlier in the game instead of an Int he would have had really great stats???

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez can be the worst thing to happen to the Cowboys

His return, Beasley, Williams and Witten become invisible, and Dak has his worst game by far

Could be just the one game, but I think its something to keep an eye on, sometimes trying to keep the superstar happy can be a detriment to team chemistry

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez can be the worst thing to happen to the Cowboys

His return, Beasley, Williams and Witten become invisible, and Dak has his worst game by far

Could be just the one game, but I think its something to keep an eye on, sometimes trying to keep the superstar happy can be a detriment to team chemistry
Beasley was open all night long