• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since you're white that means your IQ is higher so you would make better decisions and have a much better completion percentage. :)

The people that make posts like this are desperate attention whores.

Xander

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,545.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way you look at it, it will be close.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROY Dak....so far

Zeke gets to run behind the best Oline in pro football........I think Alfred Morris would be OK with that line

Wentz is second to Dak, in stats

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has played better then Dak. But the rookie of the year right now is Zeek. Voting right not would be...
1. Zeek
2. Wentz
3. Dak

How has Wentz played better...Dak averages more yards per game, has a higher QB Rating, more yards per attempt, high completion percentage, same touchdown/interception ratio, has more rushing yards and touchdowns rushing, better team record, just set the record for most pass attempts before a player's first career interception. I'm just not seeing a single area where you can say Wentz has been better.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive Rookie of the Year seems to be a lot more unclear. Joey Bosa has missed quite a few games but he looked like the real deal in the two games he has been in.
Bosa hurt his chance when he held out of training camp.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has played better then Dak. But the rookie of the year right now is Zeek. Voting right not would be...
1. Zeek
2. Wentz
3. Dak
Dak has been more impressive than Wentz in my opinion.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier in the season I said it was a two horse race between Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz. 6 games into the season there is a changing of the guard imo. Right now I would have to say the front runner for rookie of the year is Ezekial Elliot.

1. He leads the NFL in attempts and Yards and Yards Per Game.

2. He leads the NFL in rushes that gain a first down.

3. He is tied for 2nd in Rushing TD at 5. The leaders have 6.

4. He is 7th in YPA but when you really take a look at that number I would have to say that he is actually 2nd in yards per attempt. The reasoning being when you look at the number of carries only LeSean McCoy has a higher YPA with running backs that are in top 15 in attempts.

Yes Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz get all the hype because they are QB's. They are both playing great football. Carson Wentz stats do not tell the whole story about yesterdays game. He played very well considering and is a rookie. Dak Prescott has been amazing as well but you have to wonder how good would he be if he did not have Elliot as a RB.

Right now Zeke Elliott is running away with it. Hell.....forget rookie of the year. Right now he should be in the running for NFL MVP. He is on pace to rush for almost 1900 yards and 13 rushing TD's

That's pretty crazy! If the Cowboys remain playing this well and Tom Brady doesn't end up with MVP stats is there any chance he wins that too?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...and smith had aikman/Irvin and certainly aikman had smith. Must downgrade accordingly.

Love Zeke...but I wonder how good Zeke would be without Dak's play.

Just fine. That offensive line is amazing and Zeke has skills. Dak is important but teams fear the rush against the Cowboys 1st.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has Wentz played better...Dak averages more yards per game, has a higher QB Rating, more yards per attempt, high completion percentage, same touchdown/interception ratio, has more rushing yards and touchdowns rushing, better team record, just set the record for most pass attempts before a player's first career interception. I'm just not seeing a single area where you can say Wentz has been better.

I am basing on what I have seen. You also have to add the homerism factor. The stats are very close and Wentz has played one less game. I personally think that Dak benefits from the Zeke factor and would not do as well if he did not have so good an offensive line and arguably the best RB in the NFL right now. However I am not going to deny he has not been impressive because he has been very impressive. I would like to see Dak play with some adversity though. It seem as if the Cowboys are playing football on the easy setting. Because the stats are so close as an Eagles fan I have to go with Wenz :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am basing on what I have seen. You also have to add the homerism factor. The stats are very close and Wentz has played one less game. I personally think that Dak benefits from the Zeke factor and would not do as well if he did not have so good an offensive line and arguably the best RB in the NFL right now. However I am not going to deny he has not been impressive because he has been very impressive. I would like to see Dak play with some adversity though. It seem as if the Cowboys are playing football on the easy setting. Because the stats are so close as an Eagles fan I have to go with Wenz :D

Haha well factoring in the homerism side of things I guess I can see how you come to that conclusion. I guess I could argue though that Wentz is playing with one of the top-5 defenses making life much easier for him with the team getting big leads in the games they have won.

Both have been impressive I just think when you look at record (which is a team stat) then actual individual stats right now Dak has been the more impressive player. Yes Dak has played one more game but when we even look at just the stats per game right now Dak still takes the cake in those. I wouldn't be upset to have either as my QB though right now.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man....rookie QB without his #1 receiver and down 14 on the road isn't adversity?

pull the green blinders or perhaps just read the posts....

Someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? How about you pay attention to the disscussion. This is the Rookie of the Year thread. We have rookies that are playing very well. One so far has faced adversity and took a beating this past Sunday. The other has not faced that yet and I think it plays a big part in development. You have to admit that it has been going real good for Dak. Early on in the season even when Wentz was doing so well I wanted to wait and see how well he did when he faced some serious adversity. I think Wentz is going to be a serious stud after watching him face pressure all game long. Granted it was only one game but we will see more when he faces the Vikings. I don't expect great stats but I would like to see how he stands up to it. Dak could very well be the same but we have not seen it yet. There have been many players do quite well and then fold like a lawn chair when they face serious pressure.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine...I'll vote Wentz for rookie of the year but you haven't a clue about adversity when you play the QB position for the Dallas Cowboys.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine...I'll vote Wentz for rookie of the year but you haven't a clue about adversity when you play the QB position for the Dallas Cowboys.

So playing QB for the Cowboys is serious adversity? As an Eagles fan I will personally say that is a crock of shit. Eagles fans are brutal to QB's. The Cowboys have had some of the best to ever play the position. Dak is the probably the next stud to come out of Dallas. Too early to say HOF but the Cowboys have had issues with the QB position because Jerry Jones is a dumb ass. I think the Cowboys should have been looking for Romo's replacement 3 years (maybe 4 years) ago.

Vote for Wentz all you want.....Zeke Elliot is the player that deserves it most. I think he could be the next Emmitt Smith....which really pisses me off ...:gaah:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So playing QB for the Cowboys is serious adversity? As an Eagles fan I will personally say that is a crock of shit. Eagles fans are brutal to QB's.
really....walk a mile in Romo's shoes...ask aikman, staubach, Dandy Don or Danny White and they all were pretty good in their time in Dallas.

Cmon...eagle fans are just brutal...period!

no comparison....

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really....walk a mile in Romo's shoes...ask aikman, staubach, Dandy Don or Danny White and they all were pretty good in their time in Dallas.

Cmon...eagle fans are just brutal...period!

no comparison....

Which may be true but to be honest it sounded like an excuse. You are either good or you are not. Who gives a shit where you play. Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb seemed to do ok in Philly. The where you play argument as it pertains to adversity just makes no sense to be honest. The QB position is the hardest to get right. The Cowboys has done a great job in the past.