• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk NFL Rookie of the Year

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
through 5 weeks you could be right

You are a Cowboys Fan. Dude....you have to admit he is clearly the best RB in the NFL let alone the best rookie.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which may be true but to be honest it sounded like an excuse. You are either good or you are not. Who gives a shit where you play. Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb seemed to do ok in Philly. The where you play argument as it pertains to adversity just makes no sense to be honest. The QB position is the hardest to get right. The Cowboys has done a great job in the past.
well...least we agree the eagle fans are just brutal period.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...least we agree the eagle fans are just brutal period.

Eagles are really no more brutal than any other place. Sure the Old Vet has some serious issues but you hear more about other places than you do in Philly these days.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are really no more brutal than any other place. Sure the Old Vet has some serious issues but you hear more about other places than you do in Philly these days.
darn...I thought we had found common ground
guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot is pretty much as advertised coming out of college.

Dak was seen by pff as a qb who was average at everything and struggled under pressure.

I'd move towards the safe side and say zeke is probably going to be OROY. Dak has been a pro bowl level qb in all but his first game, though.

The big thing here is that the oline and coaching were in place. It's hard to ignore 5 of the 11 players on offense but we generally do.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing here is that the oline and coaching were in place.
I'm impressed....100% dead on

The culture in Dallas is solid. The same ole we just work to get better that day Garrett spews day after day to the team / Dallas media drives folks crazy around here. It's perfect and works well with Jerry Jones in the house.
What this oline can become is all time special and that's saying a mouthful, but this group is as grounded as any with a strong desire to get better each day. It starts there and the group has bought in to everything Garrett sells. It's snow balling at this point. Watch this defense play, it's not pretty, their not top 10, but 11 guys bust their ass play after play. That is coaching and a group all in on what their selling.

6 games...things can change in a heatbeat in dallas...but it's going pretty good, we'll see

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....little early for rookie of the year with 10 to still play.

Team play is a beautiful thing and it all starts up front...least in Dallas

Everywhere...poor OL play = L about 95% of the time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has played better then Dak. But the rookie of the year right now is Zeek. Voting right not would be...
1. Zeek
2. Wentz
3. Dak

Wentz has played well, but not better than Dak imo.

I think the voting right now would be 1. Zeke, 2. Dak, 3. Wentz...stat lines are very similar so the extra win would give Dak the nod over Wentz imo.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the voting right now would be 1. Zeke, 2. Dak, 3. Wentz...stat lines are very similar so the extra win would give Dak the nod over Wentz imo.

We will have a better idea after this week when Dak and Wentz have played the same number of games. But Carson needs 300 yards, no TD's and not INT's to match Dak. I think he gets close to 300 yards and throws at least one TD. So his stats will be almost identical to Daks. Wentz has a new coach, Dak has a new RB. Dak doesn't have a WR1, Carson doesn't either.

I think Carson is more impressive based on what he has to work with. Dak impresses the hell out of me, but he has a system more suited to easing a rookie in.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE has this award wrapped up. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be like previous players that won the award like RGIII, Percy Harvin, Bradford, Cadalic Williams, Eddie the elephant man Lacy, or Vince Young. I have a feeling he'll end up more like AD without the injuries, fumbles or kid beatings but maybe some crazy ass parties.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Bradford have his current team undefeated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everywhere...poor OL play = L about 95% of the time.

Yeah not sure I agree with this. Seattle has had terrible OL play ever since Russell Wilson came to town yet they find ways to win games. The Broncos were a bottom-5 OL last year yet won games. To me as long as you are strong on the team in other areas you still stand a chance. I would say though for a team trying to build from the bottom up I would start with the OL. Being able to protect a young QB and develop a strong running game will go a long way. It helps the defense as the offense can eat up clock just running the football down the field. Obviously helps a young QB to not have to worry about taking hits all the time so he can keep his eyes down field instead of looking around the pocket and hearing footsteps behind him. But for an established team I think you can find different ways to win games whether the OL is strong or not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95% might be a little high but that might be due to the definition of poor. I've seen many mobile QB's hide oline issues

True...95% might be too strong...Ben won a SB behind a poor OL...Vick played behind some poor OLs in ATL and won quite a few games, but it eventually caught up to him...85% I'll say.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure I agree with this. Seattle has had terrible OL play ever since Russell Wilson came to town yet they find ways to win games. The Broncos were a bottom-5 OL last year yet won games. To me as long as you are strong on the team in other areas you still stand a chance. I would say though for a team trying to build from the bottom up I would start with the OL. Being able to protect a young QB and develop a strong running game will go a long way. It helps the defense as the offense can eat up clock just running the football down the field. Obviously helps a young QB to not have to worry about taking hits all the time so he can keep his eyes down field instead of looking around the pocket and hearing footsteps behind him. But for an established team I think you can find different ways to win games whether the OL is strong or not.

Yeah, I down graded it a little...there are a few exceptions, but generally speaking if your OL can't create holes in the run game and can't pass block when the DEF knows you need to pass, you need exceptional skill at other positions to make up for that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is definite homerism when I say Wentz is the better QB. Not going to deny that. I just see things in Wentz that shows he is going to be a stud. With that said I will admit that Dak is playing lights out too and if there was a vote today I would not be surprised if he got the nod. It bothers me sometimes that this is so much a QB league. As much as I hate the Cowboys for Zeke not to get it if he keeps this up would be highway robbery.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have a better idea after this week when Dak and Wentz have played the same number of games. But Carson needs 300 yards, no TD's and not INT's to match Dak. I think he gets close to 300 yards and throws at least one TD. So his stats will be almost identical to Daks. Wentz has a new coach, Dak has a new RB. Dak doesn't have a WR1, Carson doesn't either.

I think Carson is more impressive based on what he has to work with. Dak impresses the hell out of me, but he has a system more suited to easing a rookie in.

I'm impressed with both as well...probably moreso with Dak b/c of his draft status and 3 road wins. Some people felt he might not be any more than a career back up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still high for today's olinemen
I blame 7 on 7

oh well....opinions vary

I'm not saying a team needs 2 or 3 pro bowlers to be good, in fact I'm probably the opposite of that...but when you look across the league at the teams that rarely ever make the postseason...most of them have trouble on the OL...TN, JAX, OAK, CHI, BUF, SD, TB, DET...CLE (prior the sell off) and maybe NYJ were one of the few teams to have a pretty good OL and not make the playoffs at all the last 5 to 8 yrs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definite homerism when I say Wentz is the better QB. Not going to deny that. I just see things in Wentz that shows he is going to be a stud. With that said I will admit that Dak is playing lights out too and if there was a vote today I would not be surprised if he got the nod. It bothers me sometimes that this is so much a QB league. As much as I hate the Cowboys for Zeke not to get it if he keeps this up would be highway robbery.

Fair points...at this point I think Zeke should and would win it...the two QBs are playing well as we've noted, but if he stays on this pace, Zeke is headed for some truly unique stats.