• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Laugh @ Cincinnati Bungals

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Eagles technically beat the Bears... kinda... not really

Duo0BT4UUAEBXVV.jpg

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's been rough being a Browns fan lately. At least I'm not a Bengals fan!:yes:
Lately? I thought it was eternally :)
53e2e7478c44b.image.jpg

You ever read a book called: "On Being Brown"? Talk about
nailing the life of Cleveland fans... great read!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to do is look at my avy to know the Bengals are in a good spot

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not from Cleveland, talk all you want about the city. But no it's not.
Bengals aside, Cincinnati is much nicer place to be than Cleveland, but both trail behind Columbus as a livable city IMHO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals aside, Cincinnati is much nicer place to be than Cleveland, but both trail behind Columbus as a livable city IMHO.

It's a matter of opinion saying Cincy's much nicer than Cleveland. But I agree Columbus is better than both.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately? I thought it was eternally :)
53e2e7478c44b.image.jpg

You ever read a book called: "On Being Brown"? Talk about
nailing the life of Cleveland fans... great read!

You do realize the Ravens have nothing to do w/ the Browns or Bengals?:D

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a matter of opinion saying Cincy's much nicer than Cleveland. But I agree Columbus is better than both.
I suppose it is. Same as people saying Cleveland is nicer than Cincy. I have NEVER heard someone not from Cleveland say they like it. ONLY people from Cleveland defend Cleveland. I mean, I like Detroit better than Cleveland. :D BTW, my opinion has nothing to do with sports. I love cities, and I walk 'em when I visit 'em. Downtown Cleveland just disappoints me in that regard. Love Columbus though!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Ravens have nothing to do w/ the Browns or Bengals?:D
Purple Browns... not a thing
I remember the shirts, man!!

Front: "Go Browns"
Back: "And take the Indians with you":D

I grew up in Browns/Steelers country... fun times.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor needs to strip it all down and burn it all!
It's the only way he is going to get rid of the image of that place and get decent assistants to want to take jobs there

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only want the right people for this job. There are only a handful of right people. The right people are currently in high demand and thus currently employed. This shows we are aren't going to settle for some unemployed bum, (see Browns and Steelers). Glad to see we won't sink to the lows of those other teams and will only hire a great candidate.
NEXT

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor needs to strip it all down and burn it all!
It's the only way he is going to get rid of the image of that place and get decent assistants to want to take jobs there
You mean....kill Mike Brown?

That's dark....

But I like where your mind's at

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it is. Same as people saying Cleveland is nicer than Cincy. I have NEVER heard someone not from Cleveland say they like it. ONLY people from Cleveland defend Cleveland. I mean, I like Detroit better than Cleveland. :D BTW, my opinion has nothing to do with sports. I love cities, and I walk 'em when I visit 'em. Downtown Cleveland just disappoints me in that regard. Love Columbus though!
I grew up closer to Cincinnati than Cleveland, and I go to Cincinnati frequently for work, and I can say without a moment's hesitation that Cleveland is better. Much better sports scene, much better restaurant scene, much better music scene, better breweries, and in general more to do. Having the lakefront in the summer is nice, the museums are better, the R&R HOF is there, and about 45 minutes down the road is the NFL HOF. NE Ohio in general is just better.

And to be perfectly honest, as someone who has lived in Columbus for 10 years since graduating HS and NE Ohio for 5 years (graduated HS in 2003, so going on 11th year in Columbus now), I'd rather be up there. I love Columbus, don't get me wrong, but since it's such a transient city, it just doesn't have the culture or different suburbs like you get in NE Ohio. You are right, Columbus is an extremely easy city to live in. Back several years ago, there was a comedian that came to Columbus, and he summed it up perfectly: if you put a giant dome over Columbus, you could just attach a sticky note to it labeled "city". Tons and tons of things to love about it, but it just lacks an identity.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up closer to Cincinnati than Cleveland, and I go to Cincinnati frequently for work, and I can say without a moment's hesitation that Cleveland is better. Much better sports scene, much better restaurant scene, much better music scene, better breweries, and in general more to do. Having the lakefront in the summer is nice, the museums are better, the R&R HOF is there, and about 45 minutes down the road is the NFL HOF. NE Ohio in general is just better.

And to be perfectly honest, as someone who has lived in Columbus for 10 years since graduating HS and NE Ohio for 5 years (graduated HS in 2003, so going on 11th year in Columbus now), I'd rather be up there. I love Columbus, don't get me wrong, but since it's such a transient city, it just doesn't have the culture or different suburbs like you get in NE Ohio. You are right, Columbus is an extremely easy city to live in. Back several years ago, there was a comedian that came to Columbus, and he summed it up perfectly: if you put a giant dome over Columbus, you could just attach a sticky note to it labeled "city". Tons and tons of things to love about it, but it just lacks an identity.
Definitely debatable.... But I disagree with the bolded.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only want the right people for this job. There are only a handful of right people. The right people are currently in high demand and thus currently employed. This shows we are aren't going to settle for some unemployed bum, (see Browns and Steelers). Glad to see we won't sink to the lows of those other teams and will only hire a great candidate.
NEXT

Don’t worry... I could easily see a variation of this title coming back to haunt the OP.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely debatable.... But I disagree with the bolded.
I figured you would. Most people from Cincinnati do. Not a knock on Cincinnati's brewery scene, it's definitely exploded in recent years. When you look at the top rated beers in Ohio, the highest rated Cincinnati beer is 34th. Before that, you have a ton from NE Ohio, Columbus, and then Jackie O's down in Athens. Only 4 of the top 50 beers from from the Cincinnati area, while 19 come from the Cleveland area.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured you would. Most people from Cincinnati do. Not a knock on Cincinnati's brewery scene, it's definitely exploded in recent years. When you look at the top rated beers in Ohio, the highest rated Cincinnati beer is 34th. Before that, you have a ton from NE Ohio, Columbus, and then Jackie O's down in Athens. Only 4 of the top 50 beers from from the Cincinnati area, while 19 come from the Cleveland area.
I'm from Columbus. Lived in central Ohio most of my life (never Cincy).

I'm just going off my own experience. I've had over 3k different beers (probably mostly from Ohio) over the past 2.5 years, and in that time taken brewery trips to both Cincy and CLE. Like I said, it's definitely debatable, but I give the slight edge to Cincy. I haven't been to Masthead yet, though (other side of the coin - haven't been to Brink either).

What are you basing this top beer off of, out of curiosity?

Also, unrelated-ish: Jackie O's is my favorite Ohio brewery. Going Friday

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually... This will be a good question to ask my buddy this weekend. I think he said he's crossed off over 150 Ohio breweries. I'll ask him which one he thinks is better right now.