• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's keep our hot streak rolling against the Angelless Angels

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny is just not going to take Prince out of the lineup. Send Gallo back down if your not going to play him.

Again, Banny eluded Monday night that he didn't know how long Gallo would be up here. Which means - Gallo goes down tomorrow for Profar or Saturday for Yu.

They needed an extra bench bat for a few days...it is what it is.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Banny eluded Monday night that he didn't know how long Gallo would be up here. Which means - Gallo goes down tomorrow for Profar or Saturday for Yu.

They needed an extra bench bat for a few days...it is what it is.

He also said in his post game, that Prince will be in the lineup everyday for the most part

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, what a shitty situation with fielder.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Fielder problem is really a Banister problem and ultimately a JD problem. Guys his size often age much quicker than other players and it should have been in the back of their minds all along. They should have had a plan to go with once this happened. If benching him isn't an option then whatever plans they had for him were doomed to begin with. I think they simply failed to realize that this could happen and are in denial now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Fielder problem is really a Banister problem and ultimately a JD problem. Guys his size often age much quicker than other players and it should have been in the back of their minds all along. They should have had a plan to go with once this happened. If benching him isn't an option then whatever plans they had for him were doomed to begin with. I think they simply failed to realize that this could happen and are in denial now.

He shouldn't be falling apart this early.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't be falling apart this early.
It is shocking that it has been to this extent, but not that he isn't anything close to what he once was. Even if he was hitting better than he is he would have a long way to go before he deserved to be a starter. I think they should have been prepared for a sharp decline at any point. Not as severe as it has been, but a sharp decline nonetheless.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is shocking that it has been to this extent, but not that he isn't anything close to what he once was. Even if he was hitting better than he is he would have a long way to go before he deserved to be a starter. I think they should have been prepared for a sharp decline at any point. Not as severe as it has been, but a sharp decline nonetheless.

A decline? Yes. Sharp decline at this point? No. He shouldn't be in the toilet for another two years at minimum.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decline? Yes. Sharp decline at this point? No. He shouldn't be in the toilet for another two years at minimum.
I never expected to get much of anything from him past this year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expected to get much of anything from him past this year.

If this is how you felt about last year, then surely you weren't in favor of the trade to begin with were ya?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Churchill of ProspectInsider.com had a great review of Martin's new approach at the plate a couple of days ago and points out reasons to believe in his new power stroke. Martin has raised his hands in his set-up, helping him erase a trigger motion that created a longer swing and inconsistent path to the ball. Jason writes:

In 2016, Martin’s bat is at an angle more consistent with the kind of trajectory that produces hard-hit line drives and fly balls, and the barrel, while still somewhat pointed toward the pitcher, is much more ideally angled, too. He still waggles it toward the pitcher pre-pitch sometimes, which ideally will go away altogether, eventually.

We’ve heard Mike Blowers comment on the Root Sports Broadcast about the bat wrap and that Edgar Martinez has been working with Martin on that very thing.

The hands are in a better position to trigger the swing, the bat head is in a better spot to be sent to attack the pitch and the bat angle helps Martin create a more consistent and healthier bat path (swing plane). The swing itself is a bit shorter, too, which can help with contact and consistency. I also have noticed he’s setting up a little more closed at the feet, hip and shoulder than he was a year ago. It’s not easily noticed by the naked eye, but it’s there and part of his set of adjustments this seasons.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, did we get Bad Colby today?

Could've been a lot worse for sure. Pretty nice recovery, but sure threw a lot of stressful pitches in the process

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz, Prince had a pitch to work with there. Buzz he has had pitches to work with all year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's our long guy?