• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's keep our hot streak rolling against the Angelless Angels

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting pitching has been outstanding and no comment on the offense. Maz scores 2 runs, drives in 2 runs, has 2 singles a HR and a walk. Guy is a stud.

Just think what he might accomplish when he grows up. ha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he continues to produce as he has, then there is pretty much 0% that happens. They'll give him a QO but he'll get a 3/4 year deal from someone.

You have any idea on why NightCrawler gave you a "funny" for this post?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He's just hitting home runs in big moments.
His average was close to. 200 and now it is at .259. Plus 9 HRs by anyone on our team would be welcomed. That being said we have no place for him here.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No place for him? He's arguably the best position player on the roster right now.

That's true... which is why he's going to get multi-year offers from teams. And I'm guessing since he got massively screwed the last time he turned down a multi-year offer, he's probably not going to make that mistake again.

I don't see how the Rangers are in a position to bring Desmond back on a multi-year deal. They wouldn't block Brinson for 4 years at CF, and Choo/Mazara is going to be the LF/RF combo.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true... which is why he's going to get multi-year offers from teams. And I'm guessing since he got massively screwed the last time he turned down a multi-year offer, he's probably not going to make that mistake again.

I don't see how the Rangers are in a position to bring Desmond back on a multi-year deal. They wouldn't block Brinson for 4 years at CF, and Choo/Mazara is going to be the LF/RF combo.
I still don't know how or why he turned down that 100MM plus deal...his agent is as dumb as Cruz'.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why mess with anyone? Just bring up Profar, who's gonna be here in days anyway, and leave both of these guys where they are - need to be too - to continue their growth.

Just don't get this Gallo move myself.

Heard on the radio pregame show that Bannister eluded Monday night after the game that he didn't know how long Gallo would actually be up here.

So basically, of the 4 position players in the minors (on the 40) (DeShields, Profar, Gallo & Nicholas)... they elected to call up Gallo as a bench bat vs. one of the other 3.

Which, given the circumstances of "well DDS was sent down to work on things, Profar needs to be playing everyday and at 2B for his eventual callup for Odor, and Nicholas would mean we have 3 catchers".................. I guess it makes sense to call up Gallo?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant actually has a pretty decent article today on Yu's pitch count, comparison to Harvey/Fernandez, stress innings (which is something I've harped on for the longest), etc.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant actually has a pretty decent article today on Yu's pitch count, comparison to Harvey/Fernandez, stress innings (which is something I've harped on for the longest), etc.

Speaking of Harvey.... the NY Media sure doesn't like him right now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Harvey.... the NY Media sure doesn't like him right now.

The NY media is a bunch of jackasses. You don't let a pitcher throw 190 inning the year after TJS...and when you count the post season it was well over that...His team handled that poorly, because they wanted a title.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's almost better to have it happen either right before the season or mid season...Harvey had it right after the season, so he missed his year, and then was ready for spring training the next. If you come back mid season like Yu it takes away the ability to throw a guy 200 innings in season. Obviously there is so great time to have it, but Yu's progression is taking place at the right time, and I am more than confident they will ease him back vs straining him.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost better to have it happen either right before the season or mid season...Harvey had it right after the season, so he missed his year, and then was ready for spring training the next. If you come back mid season like Yu it takes away the ability to throw a guy 200 innings in season. Obviously there is so great time to have it, but Yu's progression is taking place at the right time, and I am more than confident they will ease him back vs straining him.

Added bonus: they don't need Yu to step in and be the man. Starting rotation is doing great without him. No pressure.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Leonys, I believe it was Adam Morris who commented that with the release of Kivlehan that you would have to put the Leonys trade in the loss column for JD.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Leonys, I believe it was Adam Morris who commented that with the release of Kivlehan that you would have to put the Leonys trade in the loss column for JD.
True but we have no place for him and JD was looking for some kind of return. Who knew Willy boy would be so bad.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to judge that trade....Leonys could fall off a cliff and maybe Tom
Bounces back. Let's tap the brakes.