• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's keep our hot streak rolling against the Angelless Angels

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Leonys, I believe it was Adam Morris who commented that with the release of Kivlehan that you would have to put the Leonys trade in the loss column for JD.

Meh. He was getting cut either way. At least we tried to get something for him.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team wouldn't be better with Leonys on it, so no that's not a loss for JD.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I'd love him back for one more year on a QO, if he continues to produce.

I think it will largely hinge on Brinson, but if they at all doubt his ability to be the starting CFer in 2017 then yeah I agree

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Newberg Report this morning:

According to Evan Grant (Dallas Morning News), in fact, Odor had apparently been part of the Rangers’ July 2013 trade with the Cubs for Garza until the Rangers raised concerns about Garza’s elbow diagnostics and Chicago “had to accept [righthander Justin] Grimm instead of Odor” to complete the deal (which sent righthanders C.J. Edwards, Grimm, and player to be named Neil Ramirez and third baseman Mike Olt to the Cubs). Wilson, incidentally, reported that shortstop Luis Sardinas was involved in the deal rather than Grimm at one point.

Gag. You mean that trade could have been even worse?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will largely hinge on Brinson, but if they at all doubt his ability to be the starting CFer in 2017 then yeah I agree

He's struggling right now in AA. I'm not sure about him being the Opening Day 2017 CF for the Rangers. At some point next year? Perhaps... but opening day seems kind of a reach right now.

Defenisively - he's ready. The bat isnt though. (2 months in to the season anyways)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's struggling right now in AA. I'm not sure about him being the Opening Day 2017 CF for the Rangers. At some point next year? Perhaps... but opening day seems kind of a reach right now.

Defenisively - he's ready. The bat isnt though. (2 months in to the season anyways)

He's in AAA is he not?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's game is a 1:05 start.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was also hurt, as saddles has pointed out, are his struggles a result of his injury? He ended hot in AAA last year and started hot in AA this year, then he got hurt... and as I said, its a decision for the end of the year anyway, let Brinson have his time and make a decision then before annointing Desmond thew CF for next year, he tends to be a bit streaky... I'm thinking its a combination of the injury and bad luck

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Newberg Report this morning:

According to Evan Grant (Dallas Morning News), in fact, Odor had apparently been part of the Rangers’ July 2013 trade with the Cubs for Garza until the Rangers raised concerns about Garza’s elbow diagnostics and Chicago “had to accept [righthander Justin] Grimm instead of Odor” to complete the deal (which sent righthanders C.J. Edwards, Grimm, and player to be named Neil Ramirez and third baseman Mike Olt to the Cubs). Wilson, incidentally, reported that shortstop Luis Sardinas was involved in the deal rather than Grimm at one point.

Gag. You mean that trade could have been even worse?

Garza for 3 relievers, eh I can live with that... career ML ERAs (with the Cubs) of 3.06 for Grimm, 2.20 for Ramirez but 3.74 the last 2 years, and Edwards "the prize" with 4.2 ML innings thus far, he hasn't been able to take that next step thus far

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see any way Desmond winds up here next year unless we trade Brinson and maybe Cordell as well. Even if Brinson isn't ready for 2017 all signs point to Cordell being ready. Even if neither of them are ready Desmond does not want to sign a one year deal. We would have no business signing him to a multi-year deal with both Mazara and Choo here. At this point even if they trade Choo I think Cordell would be the better answer, when considering cost, and then spend money elsewhere if you have the money to spend. To me we would have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing to make room for Desmond. I will be happy to enjoy his year here and then see him move on to the multi-year deal that he deserves if he continues doing what he is doing.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Odor starts being a little more patient at the plate. Wish Gallo was the DH.

Don't see Odor becoming patient in the near future. Maybe ever.

As far as Gallo is concerned, he needs AB and bringing him up to sit makes little sense to me.

Todays lineup, at the very least switch Mazara and Fielder.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Gallo is concerned, he needs AB and bringing him up to sit makes little sense to me.

My exact feelings.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Banny is just not going to take Prince out of the lineup. Send Gallo back down if your not going to play him.