• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets be honest, we were all tired of hearing about Crabtree pregame

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rip athletes for giving us boring quotes. But if they say what they actually feel, we rip them for spouting off or showing a lack of class.

I guess everybody would've been happier with 'Well, that was a fine contest, and jolly good that we won."

Bloody well right mate.

I think the play and victory was poetic justice enough. His actions only made him look like an ass, not Crabtree. You would think a Stanford guy would realize that.

Eloquence not being Sherm's forte, lol.

As a Niners fan I have to say I really didn't have a problem with Sherman. I don't look for football players to be 'classy'. I look for them to be good at what they do. The Niners had a chance to shut him up by winning the game and they failed to do that. He is a hell of a play and made a great play to seal the game.

Congrats Sherman, feel free to run your mouth until next year. Hopefully we'll make you eat your words then.

And let's be honest, I know I wasn't the only person who wanted to see what he would do if they stuck another microphone in front of him.

I know I could search it out but would someone please transcribe Dick Sherm's rant for me?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got into stanford for being for being good at football. Also yea he was 2nd in his class in high school in fucking compton. Who was first easy E?

This is so true. He got a 24 on the Wonderlic. Slightly above the NFL average and on par with the median score for secretaries.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I wish the NFL had rules similar to the NHL. Pull off your helmets, both agree to go by doing so and then beat the shit out of each other.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I wish the NFL had rules similar to the NHL. Pull off your helmets, both agree to go by doing so and then beat the shit out of each other.

New NHL implemented this year that you're not allowed to take off your helmet before fighting.

Funny loophole was seen earlier in the season though. The 2 players took each others helmet off for them. I mean it wasn't made obvious like "let me help you with that chin strap" but you could tell.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I please just drop in with an OT, by saying thank you to Peyton Manning and the Broncos for knocking out the patriots? At least the top story today isn't about belicheat and tommy bundchen....and that's always a good thing.

:thumb:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Show some class.

He's a douche.

Are we all now supposed to be behaving like we are meeting the Queen of England?? Class??

We're fans of a game where bones are broken and brains are bruised.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we all now supposed to be behaving like we are meeting the Queen of England?? Class??

We're fans of a game where bones are broken and brains are bruised.

THIS is why those of us that are fans of teams that have won Lombardi's so hate you guys that haven't.

We know how to act when we win a playoff/championship game.

You'd think Sherman won the SB yesterday.

Truth?

He didn't do shit yet.

Look at how Peyton Manning reacted to winning the EXACT same level of game.

He regarded it as a stepping stone to a greater prize. A means to an end.

That's all.

He shot his mouth off and he was a douchebag. Imagine what he's going to be like if he actually holds the Lombardi. :rollseyes:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Apparentlhy per nfl network a second ago. Crabtree was quoted saying sherm isn't the best corner in the game earlier this week, and previous to that they were at a Larry Fitz charity event together and crab was in sherms ear. saying a bunch of junk, then sherm said he made it his priority to get after crab whenever he could......

Where did crabs say he wasn't the best? I remember him saying, when asked, that he doesn't know about
The best CBs in the league, he just knows teams. That he was playing Seattle and preparing for that. He didn't say Sherman wasn't the best. Let's get this straight here

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Midnight will have a lot to answer for if the Hawks win. Whatever that means.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd better hope you win....

If you lose - you're going to have a LOT to answer for.

And so is he.

Again I question those who lump all fans in with the actions of one member of the team they root for. You say our fans deserve to be scorned for Sherman's words and why are we to blame? Yes, a few of our base support his words and have said so, but there are far more of us who think his words were lame than those who support it. Yet we are to be all thrown in the fire right? :rollseyes:

We are in a soundbite news world. The only thing any of you have read/heard is that unfortunate spaz out of his right after the game. Missing is the several interviews (likely given hoping he would go off more and disappointed he didn't) where he gave all the credit to the rest of his defense and the rest of his team. Doesn't matter what else he said, all the media wants to talk about is his first reaction. Again, I didn't care for it, but jesus people. It's not like he did something THAT bad. He was a douche, but who does it hurt?

Where is the outrage for the SF player in street clothes that body checked a Seattle gunner to the ground on a kick off after he was pushed OB on the SF sideline?

This is football and that game was going to be a war no matter the outcome. There were things said both ways all week including several comments by SF players about Seattle's team. And yet none of our fans are acting all butt hurt over it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Midnight will have a lot to answer for if the Hawks win. Whatever that means.

No, midnight just sits up here and justifies hate and arrogance any way possible. It is elitist to constantly talk about those without rings as though having our team win a championship even decades ago somehow magically makes our opinions worth more. You have to consider the source when someone is ripping on you for things a player of a team you follow said, not anything we have done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the crazy elitist line of thought that goes like this....my team won a Superbowl at one point in time , so I'm royalty and you peons who's team haven't won a Superbowl trophy should be seen, but not heard, and I don't care if your team is kicking ass this year, your just a dirty peon, geez know your place for God Sakes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the crazy elitist line of thought that goes like this....my team won a Superbowl at one point in time , so I'm royalty and you peons who's team haven't won a Superbowl trophy should be seen, but not heard, and I don't care if your team is kicking ass this year, your just a dirty peon, geez know your place for God Sakes.

And even if the Seahawks somehow do win this upcoming game, they will shift to something else to make the excuse that our opinions don't matter. That's how elitism works.

Good thing we don't give a shit and say what we want anyway right Harold?

:suds: