• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got back home from the Pats game

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quick observations.

Pats fans were really cool. Didn't think that they would be so gracious in defeat and pregame and during the game they were not really talking crap at all. I have been to a bunch of away stadiums and always dealt with some real assholes. Didn't run into any.

About 20% of the people at the game were 9ers fans. It was crazy. I ran into some from as far north as Maine and as far south as New Jersey. I meant a few who flew in from San Fran. It was a group of 5 hot college chicks.

The only people who were arguing about the game at half were 9ers fans. In fact there were some punches thrown. They were arguing who has a better chance to win the super bow this year smith or kaepernick. Weird thing to get into a fist fight over.

It was cold and windy as hell. The water was freezing rain not just rain. I don't know if you could see it from the TV but the rain would land on you, soak into your cloths then turn to ice. Everytime I moved I would heard the ice breaking in my pants and jacket. I am sure that is why there were so many fumbles in the game. That ball had to have some ice on it.

OK now to some game stuff. Niners had guys running open almost all game. The patriots put almost everyone in the box. One safety deep. The other was usually in the box. Especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Everyone know there niners were going to run and of course they did. I had one pats fan ask me why the niners switched to a prevent offense when there was 10 minutes to go in the 3rd.

Also, mid 3rd quarter they changed their defense from rushing 4 to rushing 3. They were giving up anything under 10 yards. There was no once covering there at all and it was giving Brady all the time in the world to find people who basically were uncovered. The niners did that for the first 2 TDs the Patriots got. I kept shaking my head at the stupidity of it all. It was strange watching Welker being totally uncovered. I mean no one was 10 yards near him when the passes were thrown. Only good swarming kept him from breaking a big run after the catch. That and there were 5 niners deep.

All throughout the game niners were getting open. I was surprised at how open in some cases. Vernon Davis got open 5 times down the field and twice was targeted twice and both throws were off just a bit or they would have been TDs. Jenkins got open as well, but most of the time I watched him he was run blocking. Moss also got open often, but it seemed like Kaepernick was a bit late on releasing the ball or he didn't throw it far enough. I couldn't tell sometimes because how high i was.

Everyone was impressed with Lee. I kept hearing "What a punt." The patriots were pinned back a lot it seemed.

Everyone was impressed with Gore and LMJ. LMJ is so quick. He seems to have that agility to get a few extra yards that Gore does not. But Gore looked faster. He would make a move and he was up the field in a hurry. It was a good one two combo. I was happy to see LMJ dive down in bounds at the end of the game to keep that clock running. Good coaching and good thinking in a key part of the game. Made the Patriots blow their time outs.

I was also surprised how many fans don't know the basic rules of football.

I didn't find out that Aldon Smith and Justin Smith were injured till after the game. I was so depressed about the playing not to lose that I was not following the game as close as I should have. Plus I could not stop shivering. At that point I was soaked frozen and the niners were playing like ass.

I was glad I stuck around for the end. By the mid 4th even with the comeback going on people had enough and were leaving in droves. I know of a few who had to get medical attention for hypothermia.

Crabtree is the real deal. I hope the niners sign him to an extension.

All in all a great game even though the weather was nearly unbearable.

:bj:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quick observations.

Pats fans were really cool. Didn't think that they would be so gracious in defeat and pregame and during the game they were not really talking crap at all. I have been to a bunch of away stadiums and always dealt with some real assholes. Didn't run into any.

I found the same thing when I went to a Red Sox-A's game at Fenway some years ago. The fans were very friendly and knowledgeable. On the train to the game I was whining about the Giants blowing the 2002 series and how we'd never won one and the Red Sox fans were saying "let me tell you what real misery is" and they started telling me about everything that had befallen the Red Sox over the years. After haring all that I felt better.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the write-up on your experience at the game Hangman. It adds another good perspective from a fan. Glad you suffered through that miserable weather to enjoy what ended up being an exciting game.

I have a brother-in-law that just moved to Boston and I know I'll be going to a football or baseball game down the line there. Its nice to hear that the fans are respectful there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some quick observations.

About 20% of the people at the game were 9ers fans. It was crazy. I ran into some from as far north as Maine and as far south as New Jersey. I meant a few who flew in from San Fran. It was a group of 5 hot college chicks.

The only people who were arguing about the game at half were 9ers fans. In fact there were some punches thrown. They were arguing who has a better chance to win the super bow this year smith or kaepernick. Weird thing to get into a fist fight over.

It was cold and windy as hell. The water was freezing rain not just rain. I don't know if you could see it from the TV but the rain would land on you, soak into your cloths then turn to ice. Everytime I moved I would heard the ice breaking in my pants and jacket. I am sure that is why there were so many fumbles in the game. That ball had to have some ice on it.

OK now to some game stuff. Niners had guys running open almost all game. The patriots put almost everyone in the box. One safety deep. The other was usually in the box. Especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Everyone know there niners were going to run and of course they did. I had one pats fan ask me why the niners switched to a prevent offense when there was 10 minutes to go in the 3rd.

Also, mid 3rd quarter they changed their defense from rushing 4 to rushing 3. They were giving up anything under 10 yards. There was no once covering there at all and it was giving Brady all the time in the world to find people who basically were uncovered. The niners did that for the first 2 TDs the Patriots got. I kept shaking my head at the stupidity of it all. It was strange watching Welker being totally uncovered. I mean no one was 10 yards near him when the passes were thrown. Only good swarming kept him from breaking a big run after the catch. That and there were 5 niners deep.

All throughout the game niners were getting open. I was surprised at how open in some cases. Vernon Davis got open 5 times down the field and twice was targeted twice and both throws were off just a bit or they would have been TDs. Jenkins got open as well, but most of the time I watched him he was run blocking. Moss also got open often, but it seemed like Kaepernick was a bit late on releasing the ball or he didn't throw it far enough. I couldn't tell sometimes because how high i was.

Everyone was impressed with Lee. I kept hearing "What a punt." The patriots were pinned back a lot it seemed.

Everyone was impressed with Gore and LMJ. LMJ is so quick. He seems to have that agility to get a few extra yards that Gore does not. But Gore looked faster. He would make a move and he was up the field in a hurry. It was a good one two combo. I was happy to see LMJ dive down in bounds at the end of the game to keep that clock running. Good coaching and good thinking in a key part of the game. Made the Patriots blow their time outs.

I was also surprised how many fans don't know the basic rules of football.

I didn't find out that Aldon Smith and Justin Smith were injured till after the game. I was so depressed about the playing not to lose that I was not following the game as close as I should have. Plus I could not stop shivering. At that point I was soaked frozen and the niners were playing like ass.

I was glad I stuck around for the end. By the mid 4th even with the comeback going on people had enough and were leaving in droves. I know of a few who had to get medical attention for hypothermia.

Crabtree is the real deal. I hope the niners sign him to an extension.

All in all a great game even though the weather was nearly unbearable.

:bj:

yeah, how stupid is that?

i've now been to enough stadiums and have to admit, Candlestick is no longer a good venue. not talking about the quality of the stadium which we all know is chit, but the fan experience there has changed quite a bit.

then we've read all the violent stuff of late, it is worse than Oakland.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the write-up on your experience at the game Hangman. It adds another good perspective from a fan. Glad you suffered through that miserable weather to enjoy what ended up being an exciting game.

I have a brother-in-law that just moved to Boston and I know I'll be going to a football or baseball game down the line there. Its nice to hear that the fans are respectful there.

yes, good to read about the good people there.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you about the fans, I was shocked that no one was saying or doing anything crazy before or after the game. Although there was a few New England Fans that decided to call me obese and other things along those lines all game long and told me I would die from being obese before ever seeing my team win anything. I was pretty shocked to hear stuff like that since I am not that big or anything compared to some of the Pats fans in the section and I never said or did anything to them all game. Besides those drunk idiots who don't know how to trash talk without making things personal, all the fans I interacted with were pretty nice. Although they do need to learn the rule book better. I think they believe that the Patriots deserve special rules for any team playing them cause man anytime someone laid a finger on Brady it should have been a personal foul.

As for the weather, it wasn't that bad for me. It felt like being in Lake Tahoe while its raining because it isn't quite cold enough to become snow. It was about 36 degrees I think the entire game. And after being in that stadium, I cannot wait for our new stadium. Everything there was really nice and I wish we could tail gate all day long and then again after games.

I think the highlight of my trip though was listening to the sports talk radio after the game. All the fans were saying their season is over since they most likely won't get a first round bye anymore. And one guy went as far to say that they should fire Belichek and promote Josh McDaniels. I think that guy was a little to drunk haha. Another caller said the reason for the loss was because Wilfork has too much back fat and gets tired because of it. I started laughing on that one. But mainly, complaints were that if Gronk was there, they don't lose, the Refs were paid off by the 49ers and that the Patriots lost the game more than the 49ers won it. I think the calls evened out throughout the game to be honest cause there were bad calls both ways, but at some point you got to let the guys play the game and not throw a flag each down.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting about the fans, because I found that in the years after the World Series wins, the Red Sox fans became some of the most annoying, loudmouth fans around. A bit too proud of their team. Maybe when they're rooting for the Pats they're a bit more accustomed to success and aren't idiots about it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting about the fans, because I found that in the years after the World Series wins, the Red Sox fans became some of the most annoying, loudmouth fans around. A bit too proud of their team. Maybe when they're rooting for the Pats they're a bit more accustomed to success and aren't idiots about it.

can't say i have a lot of experience, but by far the worse fans i've seen are Eagle fans.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you about the fans, I was shocked that no one was saying or doing anything crazy before or after the game. Although there was a few New England Fans that decided to call me obese and other things along those lines all game long and told me I would die from being obese before ever seeing my team win anything. I was pretty shocked to hear stuff like that since I am not that big or anything compared to some of the Pats fans in the section and I never said or did anything to them all game. Besides those drunk idiots who don't know how to trash talk without making things personal, all the fans I interacted with were pretty nice. Although they do need to learn the rule book better. I think they believe that the Patriots deserve special rules for any team playing them cause man anytime someone laid a finger on Brady it should have been a personal foul.

As for the weather, it wasn't that bad for me. It felt like being in Lake Tahoe while its raining because it isn't quite cold enough to become snow. It was about 36 degrees I think the entire game. And after being in that stadium, I cannot wait for our new stadium. Everything there was really nice and I wish we could tail gate all day long and then again after games.

I think the highlight of my trip though was listening to the sports talk radio after the game. All the fans were saying their season is over since they most likely won't get a first round bye anymore. And one guy went as far to say that they should fire Belichek and promote Josh McDaniels. I think that guy was a little to drunk haha. Another caller said the reason for the loss was because Wilfork has too much back fat and gets tired because of it. I started laughing on that one. But mainly, complaints were that if Gronk was there, they don't lose, the Refs were paid off by the 49ers and that the Patriots lost the game more than the 49ers won it. I think the calls evened out throughout the game to be honest cause there were bad calls both ways, but at some point you got to let the guys play the game and not throw a flag each down.

Pats fans must have issues with weight, I wonder how hard they complained about Haynesworth. ;)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back fat and Wilfork...Did anybody catch the shot where he had really really saggy titties hanging from his armpits? Easily one of the most disgusting things I have seen. I didn't even know that was possible.