• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeKING James needs just 21 tonight vs. Philly to become the youngest to...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would make him the 24th player in nba in history to accomplish it.

He's averaged ~ 2k points per season to this point (obviously that will decrease in the latter stages of his career). He's 8k away from Kobe and Jordan in 3rd and 4th, 12k from malone, and 14k from kareem.
So if my math is correct, at that rate he'd need to play at least 4 more seasons if he continues to score at that rate. Also, Kobe isn't done playing yet either and you'd have to consider LBJ now has a bad back. Hmmmmmm.....will be interesting.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow-png.47818.png

Attachments

• wow.png
    wow.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 36

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to LeBron on more history made. youngest to 25k. Very cool accomplishment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either did kobe, that was shaq who won all three finals mvps....Face it both lebron and kobe have the same amount of lead dog alpha finals mvp rings in 2

Lebron just happens to have him beat in every statistical category in the game of basketball as well....
LeBron is just a better overall player than Kobe.

LeBron's bigger, faster and more talented and can do more things on the court.

I like Kobe. I think hes obviously a great player and a top 10 guy of all time- but he just cant do and could never do- what LeBron can/could do. If I am starting a team from scratch the EASY choice is LeBron.

A much tougher choice is Kobe or Shaq......Shaq has the higher ceiling and dominance level but Kobe has the longevity....tough choice.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either did kobe, that was shaq who won all three finals mvps....Face it both lebron and kobe have the same amount of lead dog alpha finals mvp rings in 2

Lebron just happens to have him beat in every statistical category in the game of basketball as well....

I see you've decided to double down on the stupid. Aside from the fact that only one player is going to be MVP, without Horry, the Lakers likely still win three straight titles, without Kobe, they don't.

Just like how Lebron won 2 MVP awards, but would have zero rings without Bosh and D-Wade.

Face it, Lebron has been weighed, measured and found wanting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is just a better overall player than Kobe.

LeBron's bigger, faster and more talented and can do more things on the court.

I like Kobe. I think hes obviously a great player and a top 10 guy of all time- but he just cant do and could never do- what LeBron can/could do. If I am starting a team from scratch the EASY choice is LeBron.

A much tougher choice is Kobe or Shaq......Shaq has the higher ceiling and dominance level but Kobe has the longevity....tough choice.

I agree with pretty much all of this. If you are starting a team, you take Lebron for the same reason you take Magic. Because he's a swiss army knife who can pretty much do anything that he's asked to do and play multiple positions.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Kobe is a better overall player than Lebron (except TLF). But Lebron's resume just doesn't measure up yet. I think Lebron is a better overall player than MJ for the same reasons that he's better overall than Kobe. But MJ is still the GOAT according the the vast majority.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with pretty much all of this. If you are starting a team, you take Lebron for the same reason you take Magic. Because he's a swiss army knife who can pretty much do anything that he's asked to do and play multiple positions.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Kobe is a better overall player than Lebron (except TLF). But Lebron's resume just doesn't measure up yet. I think Lebron is a better overall player than MJ for the same reasons that he's better overall than Kobe. But MJ is still the GOAT according the the vast majority.
I think LBJ has the same problems Kobe did after he and Shaq broke up. Kobe was left trying to do everything his team needed instead of the FO putting the right players around him to pick up the slack and allow him to be great in his natural role. During those years Kobe didn't win much outside of individual accolades. We saw so many games in the playoffs where Kobe had just enough to get them in the post season but not much more because 1 on 5 usually loses.

I think that's what we saw the last season LBJ was in Miami and certainly last season with the Cavs. People can say what they want about the Cavs' injuries but it was the FO that chose to keep an injury prone Kyrie over the 1st draft pick they traded away for Love. Ironically neither Kyrie or Love was able to help LBJ when he needed them most. And with another season gone and them aging another year I'm not sure what makes people think it's going to get any better.
LBJ is a great player and able to do much, except play 1 on 5 and win big in the sport of basketball. That just isn't possible, even for LBJ.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was your quesiton

I answered it...they weren't the favorites last year

Rekt
Yet every year the Cavs were the favorites, they still never won.

Rekt.

I could argue those spurs teams were more staked

What were his staked teams in 5 finals?
Those Spurs teams were not more stacked on paper than those Miami teams. I'm a Spurs fan and I can tell you that.

They just so happened to actually know how to play the game of basketball, whereas Miami got shit on because they were so inferior. Can't judge a book by its cover...unless it's a LeBron homo. Then you can pretty much tell who the dumbasses are.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LBJ has the same problems Kobe did after he and Shaq broke up. Kobe was left trying to do everything his team needed instead of the FO putting the right players around him to pick up the slack and allow him to be great in his natural role. During those years Kobe didn't win much outside of individual accolades. We saw so many games in the playoffs where Kobe had just enough to get them in the post season but not much more because 1 on 5 usually loses.
[/QUOTE ]

A big difference is that that Kobe wanted Shaq out of there ... he no longer wanted to share the spotlight with Shaq.

LBJ on the other hand would have never chased Shaq away just to ensure that LBJ had the spotlight only on him.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would go with the guy that has a better:
win shares rating
offensive win shares rating
defensive win shares rating
win shares per 48
VORP
ELO
But hey, that is just me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with the guy that has a better:
win shares rating
offensive win shares rating
defensive win shares rating
win shares per 48
VORP
ELO
But hey, that is just me.

I'll go with the guy with the rings. I like championships.

But hey, that's just me.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of right now, I don't argue that Leboner is a better player, but if you go and match Kobe's career accomplishment vs Leboner's career accomplishments - Kobe's are better. Kobe has been the scoring leader more, more championships, More all first team defense and etc. The stats in points per game, rebounds and assists are not decisively better and neither is the field goal. They keep arguing that Lebron didn't that much to work with but neither did the Lakers several times and furthermore, they had to go through the western conference. In 2002 - the toughest team to beat in the NBA in my opinion was the Sacramento Kings. The finals after that was a cake walk. In fact, I think Leboner has also given up and quit going down the stretch more than Kobe. Kobe has also stayed with the same team his entire career -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if my math is correct, at that rate he'd need to play at least 4 more seasons if he continues to score at that rate. Also, Kobe isn't done playing yet either and you'd have to consider LBJ now has a bad back. Hmmmmmm.....will be interesting.
The only I say is that the bad back situation does have a chance to work itself out and hopefully it does and I have always said that once Lebron's career is finished, then a comparison is fair game, but as of right now, Kobe has had the better life

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the problem here is MJ's stats are across 13 seasons where LBJ's are only 9 seasons. Goodness.....
The problem is he is trying to use the wrong stats - if you go to the per game stats, then you will see that they are close except that Kobe has more championships which Lebron will always be having wet dreams about

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, I don't argue that Leboner is a better player, but if you go and match Kobe's career accomplishment vs Leboner's career accomplishments - Kobe's are better. Kobe has been the scoring leader more, more championships, More all first team defense and etc. The stats in points per game, rebounds and assists are not decisively better and neither is the field goal. They keep arguing that Lebron didn't that much to work with but neither did the Lakers several times and furthermore, they had to go through the western conference. In 2002 - the toughest team to beat in the NBA in my opinion was the Sacramento Kings. The finals after that was a cake walk. In fact, I think Leboner has also given up and quit going down the stretch more than Kobe. Kobe has also stayed with the same team his entire career -
Cmon Bro- if you want to argue Championships you certainly have a valid point- as someone else said above- maybe Gordon- or im not sure- that if y o uare looking at being "the man" on a championship team LeBron and Kobe both have 2- but Kobe of course has the other 3 where Shaq was MVP- but you of course have to give him credit for those since he was at worst #2 (if not 1b).

If you are going to try and take the "accomplishment" road though like you say above you are just sorely mistaken man. I mean- that argument begins and ends with 4 MVPs to 1 MVP.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Bro- if you want to argue Championships you certainly have a valid point- as someone else said above- maybe Gordon- or im not sure- that if y o uare looking at being "the man" on a championship team LeBron and Kobe both have 2- but Kobe of course has the other 3 where Shaq was MVP- but you of course have to give him credit for those since he was at worst #2 (if not 1b).

If you are going to try and take the "accomplishment" road though like you say above you are just sorely mistaken man. I mean- that argument begins and ends with 4 MVPs to 1 MVP.
Not really because what you're trying to do is say that those first three don't count and they do. You can't say five minus three equals two which gives them the same total. That's not how it works. Kobe stayed and worked with what he had. He didn't leave Cleveland and hand pick his own team. And he was 50-50 with that formula at the best - not counting the two he lost in Cleveland. The points, rebounds and assists aren't that far apart per game and Kobe has had more scoring leadership stats then Lebron, Kobe has done more difficult shots and Kobe has had to carry the entire team more. Lebron has done less and won less - it shows in the finals column

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really because what you're trying to do is say that those first three don't count and they do. You can't say five minus three equals two which gives them the same total. That's not how it works. Kobe stayed and worked with what he had. He didn't leave Cleveland and hand pick his own team. And he was 50-50 with that formula at the best - not counting the two he lost in Cleveland. The points, rebounds and assists aren't that far apart per game and Kobe has had more scoring leadership stats then Lebron, Kobe has done more difficult shots and Kobe has had to carry the entire team more. Lebron has done less and won less - it shows in the finals column
dude- im just saying- if you read my comment i am totally conceeding that the championship thing is Kobe's best argument over LeBron- theres no doubt about that. And that brings us to what you were saying about it being very hard to judge until both are retired.

but what I was saying that is you look at the stuff besides championships- which of course have a high dependence on your team - you see LeBron with as one of like 3-4 guys in the history of the leauge with 4 MVPs and thats some big shit. Kobe probably should have won one more- but it is what it is - 4 MVPs is just CRAZY man.

And dude- when you say stuff and try to generalize the difference in rebounds and assists as neglible but then point out the scoring- it kinda hurts your credibility. Everyone knows that LeBron is one of the very best at making plays for his teammates in the history of the league and OF COURSE is sooooo much better than Kobe at that its ridiculous.

LeBron is appreciably better at assists and rebounds than Kobe- and while Kobe is definitely the better scorer- its not like LeBron isnt also a GREAT scorer. LEBron just so happens to be a GREAT playmaker and elite rebounder for his position as well.

LeBron James

Kobe Bryant

Kobe is at 25, 5 and 5 and LeBron is at 27, 7 and 7....I dont like using just raw numbers like that as its not the best to compare in my opinion- but when you say stuff like that I just have to because what you said is just factually wrong.