• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeKING James needs just 21 tonight vs. Philly to become the youngest to...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can compare year to year on basketball reference...look at kobes best vs lebrons best

Most important stats are win share, PER, fg%, PPS and defensive rating

Kobe had a prime shaq(better than any teammate lebron ever had)....Take that away and he has 2 rings just like lebron(with much worse stats in every category) and that is all he ever would have had...they both have 2 finals mvps...shaq won all 3 in LA

Lebron even has a better clutch last shot % lol
Kobe didn't have Shaq in two of his five titles and If Lebron was a better clutch shot, he wouldn't have quit in so many games. Kobe also carried those teams several times when Shaq was out of the game due to injuries -

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe had a prime shaq(better than any teammate lebron ever had)....Take that away and he has 2 rings just like lebron(with much worse stats in every category) and that is all he ever would have had...they both have 2 finals mvps...shaq won all 3 in LA

But you can't take them away and without Kobe, Shaq doesn't have those 3 rings either. Meanwhile, Lebron is 2-4 in the finals and had stacked teams in 5 of those 6 finals appearances. That's a pretty pathetic record when you consider how he went to stacked teams.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't take them away and without Kobe, Shaq doesn't have those 3 rings either. Meanwhile, Lebron is 2-4 in the finals and had stacked teams in 5 of those 6 finals appearances. That's a pretty pathetic record when you consider how he went to stacked teams.

I could argue those spurs teams were more staked

What were his staked teams in 5 finals?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have. You are either unwilling or unable to comprehend them. This makes you either willfully stupid or just stupid. Either works.

Does he score more points, play better defense, rebound more get more assists, have a higher PER, higher fg%, higher win share?

Name it...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he score more points, play better defense, rebound more get more assists, have a higher PER, higher fg%, higher win share?

Name it...

I've named it at least twice in this thread. If you missed it, I'd suggest going back and re-read.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've named it at least twice in this thread. If you missed it, I'd suggest going back and re-read.

Outside of rings a team accomplishment name 1 thing he does better individually at the game of basketball in any category...I'll wait

The funny thing is you can't so you better just say rings again...robbert horry must be amazing in your eyes better than kobe lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of rings a team accomplishment name 1 thing he does better individually at the game of basketball in any category...I'll wait

I already did. Looks like maybe your just stupid rather than willfully stupid. Too bad. If you were willfully stupid, there'd be hope for you.

Unfortunately though, it look like it's terminal for you.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta give you this. when it's all said and done the one thing people are gonna remember after he hangs 'em up is this..."how many times did he win the big one...?"

not the fairest thing to judge a player on, but that's how the sports world works...

We've had this debate before, and Trojan pointed out the most correct point.
Nobody, years down the road will really look at opponent, injuries, etc..
They'll just look at the W-L.
While James shouldn't be faulted for all but 1 of the losses, it won't ever change the record book which will always show them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can compare year to year on basketball reference...look at kobes best vs lebrons best

Most important stats are win share, PER, fg%, PPS and defensive rating

Lebron even has a better clutch last shot % lol
And you can take away much less of what Leboner had and he wins zero championships. The fact remains that Lebron's starts are slightly better in some areas, but not all of them. Stats do lie sometimes because they don't tell you a lot of things, like the times Kobe was forced to take the last shot no matter how bad it was and they say nothing about Lebron quitting so he would have better stats. The stats say nothing about Kobe drawing a triple team so that two players would be free to take the last shot. There are hundreds of those small things that Kobe did to take them to those five championships and they are the same things that Lebron didn't do which is the reason he won only twice and lost the other four. Some say it's unfair to judge a man by the rings, but it's the biggest stat that does not lie. Oh I forget though - you claim that's the only stat that does lie - there goes that Forest Gump logic again

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had this debate before, and Trojan pointed out the most correct point.
Nobody, years down the road will really look at opponent, injuries, etc..
They'll just look at the W-L.
While James shouldn't be faulted for all but 1 of the losses, it won't ever change the record book which will always show them.

Maybe for the simple fan....but when looking at all time greats finals mvps will be very important, PPG, APG, RPG and PER

That will be the criteria

Rings being the last criteria....Otherwise you would have this guy Tom Heinsohn as an all time great top 5....i mean he won 8 championships

Is he in any of your top 5 greatest players?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for the simple fan....but when looking at all time greats finals mvps will be very important, PPG, APG, RPG and PER

Rings being the last criteria....Otherwise you would have this guy Tom Heinsohn as an all time great top 5....i mean he won 8 championships

Rings are all anyone remembers. Just how it is. Guys like Heinson and Russell are non-starters in the conversation because their rings were won in an era where there were 8-12 teams in the entire league.

MJ gets the nod as GOAT and the reason cited (including by the other greats of all time) are his 6 rings. In the modern era, only Kareem matches that and he gets marked down because he was also part of 3 finals losses.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody's comparing Heinsohn to Jordan.
James, in that debate, will always have to deal with his W-L Finals record.
And before you say it, I don't hold the losses against him at all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where you fail to understand the nature of the game. Only the current matters in the heart of fans. People talk about Isaiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Kareem, Jerry West, but only the current ones matter. Once he is gone, the kids won't really know or equate to Lebron and their hero will be the next great player that is slightly better or worse then Leboner