• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's legacy will be truly tarnished if he left Miami

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off the recent report that "all teams are in play for Lebron"(which is something I disagree with as I don't see Miami signing and trading unless they got the motherload), I truly believe that he would tarnish his legacy for GOOD if he tried to leave another team for a better situation. Some already think it's tarnished for going to Miami, but I didn't really have a problem with it. Personally, I think he stays...but let's entertain the ultimate hypothetical. Let's say he somehow leaves and finds a better situation. That would mean he'd be on THREE teams in his PRIME. I could be wrong, but I can't recall of anybody doing that. I really couldn't put him with the elite of the elite if he jumped to 3 teams while in his prime. Not that my opinion matters, but he NEEDS to stick it out in Miami to get any respect(as far as ranking goes) from me. Now before anyone asks...sure I would like to have him as a Laker, but my opinion of him tarnishing his legacy would not change. If he left, the comparisons to Jordan and others are out of the window imo...because leaving one bad situation for a better is one thing, but doing it AGAIN, by leaving a pretty good situation for as much as you can get is unacceptable as far as legacy goes imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....No reason to leave Miami.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The decision" tarnished his reputation. Can't sink any lower than that.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I can kind of understand you're point, but just curious, how many other players would you consider from the time they were 18 to the time they were 24, their 'prime?'

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I can kind of understand you're point, but just curious, how many other players would you consider from the time they were 18 to the time they were 24, their 'prime?'
Well, I meant towards the end in Cleveland. He had gotten 2 mvp's by then

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody who truly knows basketball thinks his reputation is tarnished or would be tarnished if he decides to move on to a place that would better help him win titles.

Only homers at the local watering hole spout this bullshit, some of the better basketball minds know how limiting the CBA is and also think that it would be impressive if he could go to another team and be the glue in a whole new situation and win another ring or 2.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also mark not only a brand new era in the NBA but he would truly have his own identity and be a trail blazer.

Haters will hate because that is what they do, winners win and put themselves in situations to win. That is what LBJ does.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats silly. After leaving your hometown, it is what it is at this point.

Shaq played on a half a dozen teams and no one cares

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight just switched from Orlando to Los Angeles to Houston and he's sucked equally in all 3 cities.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His whole career is his prime. :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bc players in the past that have won stayed on one team doesn't mean you have to take that path. I think it would be harder to start over and have to gel with a new team and coach. Reputation is not lost, plus he is already said he would accept less money. If anything his reputation would just become better.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody who truly knows basketball thinks his reputation is tarnished or would be tarnished if he decides to move on to a place that would better help him win titles.

Only homers at the local watering hole spout this bullshit, some of the better basketball minds know how limiting the CBA is and also think that it would be impressive if he could go to another team and be the glue in a whole new situation and win another ring or 2.

This is a correct post here ^^^^^^. Lebron needs to only worry about winning rings with regards to his legacy. The more rings you win regardless of how you got them boosts your legacy. An overrated players like Russell is in the GOAT discussion based mostly on his ring count. If Lebron can get 6 rings then most would probably put him above Jordan.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can say it wont be tarnished, but rather you like it or not, it will!

Reputation is how people feel about you, and majority of the people will slam Lebron like they did with "The Decision"

Its nothing you can do about it.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reputation is not lost, plus he is already said he would accept less money. If anything his reputation would just become better.

If he would have still demanded a max contract, the Lebron-hating crowd would just say he's only in it for the money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he would have still demanded a max contract, the Lebron-hating crowd would just say he's only in it for the money.

There is always an excuse to hate someone that you just despise for being great. At least that's how I see it.

Yea he made a bad decision. If they want to hate him over one decision let them, but he is an unselfish team player, gives back to charity, and now is saying he will accept less money. You couldn't ask anything more from a person on and off the court than this guy.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn't be impressive AT ALL...it'd be him tucking his tail, and running to another situation...and even with the CBA being limited, Miami IS STILL one of the better(if not the best) spots he can be. This isn't exactly leaving Cleveland to go to Miami. You all are acting like Miami isn't about to contend for the title this year. I mean there aren't alot of Pat Riley's just floating around in NBA offices....and if he opts out this year, where is he going to go to find a better situation better than Miami? I'd like a retort for that....because Cleveland, the Lakers, and POSSIBILY the Bulls are going to be the only teams that he can jump to through free agency. The only way he can force a trade is by using one of these teams as leverage. Could of used the Lakers had they had the room to sign both him and Carmelo, but that's not the case anymore. Cleveland is well...Cleveland....and he's not going to the Bulls to play with an oft-injured D-Rose, and a team that they are about to gut(relatively speaking)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and lastly, I never blasted him for jumping to Miami...in fact I started by saying I didn't really have a problem with it. I could of went without the decision, but I had no problems with him leaving to go to Miami

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope...it was never about the money. It was about his ego, and complete lack of class.

For that reason, he's forever tarnished. No matter how many rings he might collect by team-jumping, that won't change.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's legacy is bigger than Miami, or Cleveland or Ohio. He has never been involved in a cover up of something illegal. He makes those around him better, and he seems to be maturing. Stop the drama.

Lebron is the face of the NBA right now. He could easily go to many teams. Heck Phil Jackson went where the talent was. I am guessing Phil's reputation is just fine.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ends up being a challenge to these guys and their egos to start again. I think he sticks in miami if bosh and wade go. Its one thing to be the man, but knowing you are the best player on the planet and constantly being considered part of the big three might need his ego fed elsewhere. His boys are growing too, maybe miami is not the place he wants to continue raising them. Some things are bigger than basketball.

With his shoe deals he doesnt need to make the big contract. He can play for the minimum and be the best paid guy on the team. This is the miami free agent situation

Miami
RESTRICTED
None

UNRESTRICTED
Ray Allen
Chris Andersen (P)
Joel Anthony (P)
Shane Battier
Michael Beasley
Chris Bosh (ETO)
Mario Chalmers
Udonis Haslem (P)
LeBron James (ETO)
James Jones
Rashard Lewis
Roger Mason Jr.
Greg Oden
Dwyane Wade (ETO)

Basically, every year they dont know if the owner is gonna decide to keep paying it out.