• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's legacy will be truly tarnished if he left Miami

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON is the biggest star in the game.

The "decision" was freaking 4 years ago. It turns out to be the right "decision" as well.

He screwed that up. Big freaking deal.....get over it.

If he goes someplace else and wins another MVP and title, he will achieve an almost impossible to match legacy.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he purchased an MLS team with Beckham to play in Miami in 2017, odds are he is not going anywhere. Just my opinion.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does switch so the Heat can fade into mediocrity as Wade retires and Bosch is standing around looking stupid with his lower jaw hanging down.

Lebron should try to go win a title where its never been done. Ooh wait he tried that and Cleveland and failed.

He will probably go to the West Coast because and its not about the money or the endorsements because it doesn't get much bigger than Nike which he already has. If he jumps ship and he will do it for other reasons like perhaps to cement his legacy as the man who lead multiple teams to multiple championships. Loyalties are bullshit at the professional level. The fans are the loyal ones, not the employees.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know I could understand the Bulls and Clippers angle but the Houston one is interesting. They could move pieces, but they still would need to give Riley much more.

He probably stays, but if he goes, he goes because he wants to surround himself with players he likes and maybe even be cast as the old guy.

He is the King afterall

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as he doesn't make a complete ass of himself in the next FA process.....he will be fine

however if he does (which i give about a 10% chance of happening) then yeah.....he will become the NBA equivalent of A-rod

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all worry to much about Lebron who is not going to leave Miami. If Lebron, however wants to leave Miami and does leave - that's his right as a free agent. He has paid his dues to Miami and does not owe them any more than what Dwight Howard owed the Lakers. It's a business and Lebron will do what he wants to. I agree, however with the statement there is no reason for Lebron to leave Miami, but that doesn't mean Miami owns him for the rest of his career or life - get real here

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he goes back to Cleveland that would be classy. I think that would be the ultimate classy move. But if he does go to another team with a better chance to win more titles you cant say anything about his legecy. he would have the titles

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what is his legacy right now?

A man who needed a champion to become a champion?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what is his legacy right now?

A man who needed a champion to become a champion?

The first 50 nba championship teams averaged around 3.7 Hall of Famers per team.

Every player, no matter who they are, needs another champion before they can become a champion.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its too bad the Knicks are in bad shape as LBJ to NY has an amazing feel to it. Knicks fans are loyal fans. That would get the NBA fired up

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron were to leave Miami and please note that I am going on record saying that LEBRON WILL NOT LEAVE MIAMI UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES.

Lebron's legacy will not be tarnished

Miami fans will be butt hurt and whining

Lebron will win more championships period

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, you agree that NY would have that "rise from the ashes" feel?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, you agree that NY would have that "rise from the ashes" feel?

I have been watching New York be a complete disaster for atleast 15 to 20 years along with the highest payroll in the NBA in addition to being the worst team for the most of that time

What is there to make me believe that is going to change now?

Just curious - book it fans - Lebron is not leaving Miami any more then Kobe is leaving the Lakers. One difference though - Lakers fans wishes Kobe would leave along with Nash

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no - Lebron would never go to New York -they don't have that track record of success of any kind
since Lebron was about 5 years old - He's not old enough to remember the last time the Knicks were respectable - Hell I am 54 and I might not be old enough

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron were to leave Miami and please note that I am going on record saying that LEBRON WILL NOT LEAVE MIAMI UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES.

Lebron's legacy will not be tarnished

Miami fans will be butt hurt and whining

Lebron will win more championships period

Le Bron's legacy was tarnished beyond repair by the way he left Cleveland.

IMO there is NO player in any pro sport less deserving of ever having won any playoff series at all or of winning any more.

BTW, as I've said elsewhere, I have passed through Cleveland but never lived within 500 miles if it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Le Bron's legacy was tarnished beyond repair by the way he left Cleveland.

IMO there is NO player in any pro sport less deserving of ever having won any playoff series at all or of winning any more.

BTW, as I've said elsewhere, I have passed through Cleveland but never lived within 500 miles if it.

your extreme opinion betrays your extreme and personal prejudice

(for the record, LeBron won 8 playoff series before "the decision" ever happend)

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no - Lebron would never go to New York -they don't have that track record of success of any kind
since Lebron was about 5 years old - He's not old enough to remember the last time the Knicks were respectable - Hell I am 54 and I might not be old enough

I'd bet that James was watching NYK play the Spurs in the 1999 Finals.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching New York be a complete disaster for atleast 15 to 20 years along with the highest payroll in the NBA in addition to being the worst team for the most of that time

What is there to make me believe that is going to change now?

Just curious - book it fans - Lebron is not leaving Miami any more then Kobe is leaving the Lakers. One difference though - Lakers fans wishes Kobe would leave along with Nash

Getting Lebron would instantly change things for the better for the Knicks (any team really).

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard raised the bar on tarnishing reputation, LeBron will never beat him.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had conversations with friends and we would joke around about how LeBron should do like an NBA conquest and go to as many teams as possible and win championships. Starting with the Lakers. Giving Kobe his last ring that he wants so badly. Then make his way to OKC and win a couple with Durant and Westbrook. Then up the Knicks and save their franchise for a few years, and then culminate it by finishing with a title in Cleveland. If that actually happened. He would be the unanimous GOAT. But we all know that isn't happening lol.

I could see the possibility of him leaving Miami though. We don't know what Miami is going to do in the offseason. I think the Big 3 did what they wanted to do. Especially if they 3peat. So I don't think there would be any hard feelings if LeBron moved on. Question is, where? The Lakers are a sexy choice of course. What better way to cement his legacy than to win titles with the Lakers? But the Clippers seem to be a better option. Being younger and all.

Call me crazy, but I think the return to Cleveland is on the table. They have enough pieces to where LeBron can carry them all the way. And don't feed me the BS that Cleveland doesn't want him. If he was willing to come back, the entire city would bow down, cry, apologize, and beg like sick puppies for him to come back. There would even be that one crazed fan that will be like,"LeBron, I saved the ashes from your burnt jersey. I didn't mean to burn it. It was just a heat of the moment thing. But look, I put the pieces back together for you!"