• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron's legacy will be truly tarnished if he left Miami

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your extreme opinion betrays your extreme and personal prejudice

(for the record, LeBron won 8 playoff series before "the decision" ever happend)

He didn't actually win them by himself, but may THINK he did.

And what's with a Miami fan's questioning another poster's objectivity where Le Bron is concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlaw, neither Howard nor Lebron hold a candle to the tarnish your paying $25 for. Everyone outside of LA knows what went down with the quiet payoff

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really comes down to one thing - I don't see why any one gives a shit where Lebron plays basketball if it's not their team. The truth is every fan in here is going to be defending the guy if he were to leave Miami and come to their team just the way Miami fans are defending the guy. If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland, then Cavalier fans would be defending him. It is a business and in this business players move around. There are very few players who has started and finished their career with the same team and all of them have left teams in dfferent ways - It's time to get over it already and quit whining and bitching about it. Lebron is not the only player in the NBA and in time he will be replaced by other players better then him

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really comes down to one thing - I don't see why any one gives a shit where Lebron plays basketball if it's not their team. The truth is every fan in here is going to be defending the guy if he were to leave Miami and come to their team just the way Miami fans are defending the guy. If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland, then Cavalier fans would be defending him. It is a business and in this business players move around. There are very few players who has started and finished their career with the same team and all of them have left teams in dfferent ways - It's time to get over it already and quit whining and bitching about it. Lebron is not the only player in the NBA and in time he will be replaced by other players better then him

Did you just speak the truth ??

:puzzled:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats silly. After leaving your hometown, it is what it is at this point.

Shaq played on a half a dozen teams and no one cares

Shaq was never the hometown boy giving a city that had suffered years of crappy teams in every pro sport hpe for the future. Le Bron was. That has to make a difference.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't actually win them by himself, but may THINK he did.

And what's with a Miami fan's questioning another poster's objectivity where Le Bron is concerned?

You are far from objective in making a moronic claim about " most undeserving to win a playoff series." You have had drug addicts and woman beaters win in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight....

If Peyton Manning had won the Super Bowl it would have solidified him as arguably the greatest ever because he won with two teams.

Now LeBron's legacy gets tarnished for moving?

I get that the situations are much different, but at some point people need to realize that the climate in today's NBA is way different than it was. While I applaud players like Tim Duncan who stay in one place and signing for a hometown discount towards the end of their careers, that path just does not work for everybody.

Just because Lebron is usurping some control from the evil owners who continue to fight by seeking more and more restrictions, this should not make him a villain.

I mean just look at the mess in Cleveland. Does anybody really think he should have stayed there?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Lebron have to stay in that situation again?

He should have been honest about his intention to leave. About his having never had any intention
of resigning with Cleveland. Instead he went through a charade for an entire season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been honest about his intention to leave. About his having never had any intention
of resigning with Cleveland. Instead he went through a charade for an entire season.

What charade?

The Cavs were one of the best teams in the league because LBJ did not talk about his impending free agency or let it become a distraction. The only charade was the decision.

If you want to see a charade, look at Dwight Howard's departures from both the Magic and Lakers, and Melo's exit from Denver where the team around him couldn't focus on playing games due to the barrage of media attention. Those story lines hijacked entire seasons.

LeBron actually handled himself in a very professional manner up until he announced the decision.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What charade?

The Cavs were one of the best teams in the league because LBJ did not talk about his impending free agency or let it become a distraction. The only charade was the decision.

If you want to see a charade, look at Dwight Howard's departures from both the Magic and Lakers, and Melo's exit from Denver where the team around him couldn't focus on playing games due to the barrage of media attention. Those story lines hijacked entire seasons.

LeBron actually handled himself in a very professional manner up until he announced the decision.

100% spot on. Never had an issue with Lebron leaving Cleveland. I think the only people who live in Cleveland don't know they're allowed to leave.

The issue has always been the way he did it, aka the decision.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% spot on. Never had an issue with Lebron leaving Cleveland. I think the only people who live in Cleveland don't know they're allowed to leave.

The issue has always been the way he did it, aka the decision.

I agree. It was classless the way he left. However it has been four years and he has apologized.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It was classless the way he left. However it has been four years and he has apologized.

I agree and I have softened my point of view on this over the years. The problem that Lebron faces is that as the best player in the game, he is held to a higher standard and therefore things are held against him longer. Fair or not, it is what it is.

It's why people still bring up Kobe being accused of r*pe and/or call him a rapist almost 10 years after the fact even though charges were dropped. He's not the first NBA player (nor will he be the last) to have an accusation made against him, but it's Kobe, so it comes with the territory.

I think that part of the backlash against Lebron was also the party and the way he handled the backlash for the decision. He spent nearly a year making excuses/defending it before he finally apologized.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is true had lebron announced he was leaving it would have been a huge distraction. but i just dont buy the idea that he knew he was leaving... maybe at the very very end in the late playoffs he knew.. but had that cavs team beat boston and went on to win an NBA title, i think he would have stayed. he realized he couldnt win a title alone. he needed help. cleveland had him for 7 years and failed to bring in quality help. hell, they were so mismanaged they just let a young carlos boozer leave for nothing. they could have matched.. and had something.

this idea that lebron had to stay in cleveland or even has to stay in miami is flat out bullshit. let the young man have control over his own career and where he leaves just the same as every other fan has at their own job. what 25 year old millionaire would chose to live in cleveland over miami? really?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The dude just wanted a realistic chance of winning a ring without having to literally carry his team each and every game of the playoffs for 4 quarters.