• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron to LA

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, how do the Celtics GET Lebron? Has he shown any interest in them at all? Will Kyrie implode? I don't think you mess with the Celtics roster right now...it will take enough work to fit in Hayward.

There are definitely ways for the Celtics to get Lebron but it would definitely require shaking the team up dramatically.

I meant to put an asterisk saying that team chemistry will likely require the team to dramatically alter the roster to make Lebron to the Celtics happen. And I'm not sure that Lebron would want to play in Boston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen but I think Philly, Houston and Boston aren’t destinations for Lebron.

I would narrow it down to LA, Cleveland and San Antonio honestly. Maybe some dark horse team but I highly doubt it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this rumor seems to be fake news:

The interesting thing with this particular rumor is that the original source was apparently Gary Payton.

You'd think that he might have a little more access to "insider information" which tends to lend itself to this being true.

On the other hand, I've never heard of Lebron having any kind of relationship with Gary Payton. So why would he have this info?

I could see the school issuing a denial if they were told not to release that information and/or could find themselves with a potential violation of CIF recruiting rules.

I'm sure this won't be the last "Lebron's kids are enrolled/Lebron was seen looking at houses/Lebron's family is said to like it there/Lebron likes that team type rumors that we will see floated out there and then denied. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would have a very good chance of beating the Rockets. The biggest problem the Lakers would have is experience, which Lebron and PG should be enough to counter much of that. Plus, the Lakers have the type of players to be able to defend the Rockets iso style pretty well.

The Warriors are the problem, but then, they're the problem for everyone.

As we all pretty much agree, there are zero perfect landing spots. Some are better than others based on what he may be looking for, but none are ideal.

I actually the think biggest problem for the Lakers if they get Lebron and PG is that their two best young players would be fairly redundant. What is Ball's role if he needs to play off the ball? Where does Ingram play with Lebron and PG on the court?

Not saying that it can't work but the Lakers are going to be even more reliant on Lebron than the Cavs were.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen but I think Philly, Houston and Boston aren’t destinations for Lebron.

I would narrow it down to LA, Cleveland and San Antonio honestly. Maybe some dark horse team but I highly doubt it.

Just curious but why?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but why?

The Lakers - well bc it’s LA, he could team up with PG and CP3 or a combination.

San Antonio - team up with Kawhi and Pop is the perfect fit for him.

Boston and Houston would have to pull off big trades. I dont see it happening.

Philly- for the pure fact Embiid is injury prone. Simmons is horrible fit with Lebron. It isn’t a good fit for hik.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers - well bc it’s LA, he could team up with PG and CP3 or a combination.

San Antonio - team up with Kawhi and Pop is the perfect fit for him.

Boston and Houston would have to pull off big trades. I dont see it happening.

Philly- for the pure fact Embiid is injury prone. Simmons is horrible fit with Lebron. It isn’t a good fit for hik.

So LA because it is LA. San Antonio because he can team up with a guy that may not even want to be there. Odd that you think that San Antonio could do it, even though they would need to pull off a big trade, but Boston or Houston can't because they would need to pull off a big trade.

I love how people are arguing that Lebron and Simmons are a horrible fit. That has become such gospel. I guess there is just no way they could figure out how to get 6'10" 250 Lb Ben Simmons to play on the court along with Lebron James. There really is no position for him on the court. LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually the think biggest problem for the Lakers if they get Lebron and PG is that their two best young players would be fairly redundant. What is Ball's role if he needs to play off the ball?

Lonzo isn't a ball dominant point guard. His role is facilitating the offense and keeping the ball moving. It's not like putting him on a team with a ball dominant point guard where you have to worry about who's running the offense or giving up the ball. The Lakers offense runs very much like the Warriors offense.

Where does Ingram play with Lebron and PG on the court?

Ingram has shown the ability to play point, shooting guard or small forward. PG can play shooting guard or small forward. The Lakers style of play is fairly positionless, so it really doesn't matter who plays the 2 or 3.

Not saying that it can't work but the Lakers are going to be even more reliant on Lebron than the Cavs were.

Not even close. Especially with PG there.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people are arguing that Lebron and Simmons are a horrible fit. That has become such gospel. I guess there is just no way they could figure out how to get 6'10" 250 Lb Ben Simmons to play on the court along with Lebron James.

Agree. But one will need to adjust game for sure. My guess: Simmons forced to develop a shot and game off the ball

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, how do the Celtics GET Lebron? Has he shown any interest in them at all? Will Kyrie implode? I don't think you mess with the Celtics roster right now...it will take enough work to fit in Hayward

No way Danny will purge the team, and why? IMO the odds on favorite to win the title next year is Boston.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo isn't a ball dominant point guard. His role is facilitating the offense and keeping the ball moving. It's not like putting him on a team with a ball dominant point guard where you have to worry about who's running the offense or giving up the ball. The Lakers offense runs very much like the Warriors offense.

Huh? Ball needs the ball in his hands to be effective. His shooting isn't good enough to be an effective off the ball player. His entire game is being a facilitator. Maybe if his shooting dramatically improves in the offseason that changes but that is the situation right now.

Ingram has shown the ability to play point, shooting guard or small forward. PG can play shooting guard or small forward. The Lakers style of play is fairly positionless, so it really doesn't matter who plays the 2 or 3.

I don't care what position you call someone, you still need to match up with the other team defensively. Someone has to play in the paint on defense. Who is that going to be Lebron?

Not even close. Especially with PG there.

You think that PG is going to shoulder a significantly higher amount of the load than Kevin Love? Sure, on defense he will. But on offense I don't see a whole heck of a lot of difference.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. But one will need to adjust game for sure. My guess: Simmons forced to develop a shot and game off the ball

Simmons needs to develop a shot regardless of whether Lebron goes to Philly or not.

If Lebron were to come to Philly I would imagine that Lebron and Simmons would switch on and off with the ball constantly. When Simmons is off the ball he will likely play down low or act as a slasher on a kick out.

Will it work? I dunno. But I could come up with arguments about fit on just about every team. I don't find the "Simmons and Lebron can't play together" argument particularly compelling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Danny will purge the team, and why? IMO the odds on favorite to win the title next year is Boston.

You are high as a kite if you think that Boston is the favorite to win the title next year. Current odds have the Celtics with the 4th best odds to win the title, behind the Warriors, Rockets, and 76ers.

2019 NBA title odds hint at LeBron’s next team

But ultimately it still the Warriors versus the field.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LA because it is LA.

LA because he has homes and businesses there and his family apparently likes LA. "Being LA" is no longer the reason to go to the Lakers that it used to be, but it is a pretty solid tiebreaker. If he is thinking about life after basketball with a decent chance of a title before he retires (kind of what D-wade said he'd be looking at), then the Lakers probably make the most sense. But if he is hellbent on a title or at least keeping his finals streak alive, then they no longer make the most sense.

San Antonio because he can team up with a guy that may not even want to be there.

Obviously, he would wait to see what happens with Kawhi. No Kawhi, no chance at Lebron. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread...basketball wise, it's a great fit. Everything else wise...not so much.

but Boston or Houston can't because they would need to pull off a big trade.

Might have to do with what they would have to give up. For all we know, Boston may not even be interested. I mean, they just made the ECF and went took it to 7 games without their 2 best players. They may not want to mess with that for a guy who's 33 years old. Even if it's Lebron.

I love how people are arguing that Lebron and Simmons are a horrible fit. That has become such gospel. I guess there is just no way they could figure out how to get 6'10" 250 Lb Ben Simmons to play on the court along with Lebron James. There really is no position for him on the court.

I don't think that they'd necessarily be a terrible fit. But interesting that you think PG and Lebron with Lonzo and Ingram creates redundancy, but Simmons and Lebron don't?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Ball needs the ball in his hands to be effective. His shooting isn't good enough to be an effective off the ball player. His entire game is being a facilitator. Maybe if his shooting dramatically improves in the offseason that changes but that is the situation right now.

I don't care what position you call someone, you still need to match up with the other team defensively. Someone has to play in the paint on defense. Who is that going to be Lebron?

You think that PG is going to shoulder a significantly higher amount of the load than Kevin Love? Sure, on defense he will. But on offense I don't see a whole heck of a lot of difference.

I get your point. But it also means they could trade those 2 and get a 3rd star.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA because he has homes and businesses there and his family apparently likes LA. "Being LA" is no longer the reason to go to the Lakers that it used to be, but it is a pretty solid tiebreaker. If he is thinking about life after basketball with a decent chance of a title before he retires (kind of what D-wade said he'd be looking at), then the Lakers probably make the most sense. But if he is hellbent on a title or at least keeping his finals streak alive, then they no longer make the most sense.

I've said many times that the Lakers make the most sense if Lebron is focused on non-basketball related factors. No one knows if he is.

Obviously, he would wait to see what happens with Kawhi. No Kawhi, no chance at Lebron. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread...basketball wise, it's a great fit. Everything else wise...not so much.

This becomes a chicken or egg thing. IMO, the only way this could possibly work is if Kawhi pitches Lebron himself.

Might have to do with what they would have to give up. For all we know, Boston may not even be interested. I mean, they just made the ECF and went took it to 7 games without their 2 best players. They may not want to mess with that for a guy who's 33 years old. Even if it's Lebron.

I'm sure Boston is interested but I don't think they are likely going to make a big move for Lebron. IMO, I think Ainge is more likely to keep his powder dry for an AD run.

I don't think that they'd necessarily be a terrible fit. But interesting that you think PG and Lebron with Lonzo and Ingram creates redundancy, but Simmons and Lebron don't?

Ben Simmons can be a banger in the paint. Lonzo can't. It's a pretty huge difference.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point. But it also means they could trade those 2 and get a 3rd star.

Oh sure. There are all sorts of things the Lakers could do. I guess it depends on how all in they want to go for Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think he needs the ball to be effective, then you haven't seen him play. He doesn't run the offense in the traditional sense. He starts the offense and keeps the ball moving. He was among the league leaders in getting rid of the ball quickly. One of his biggest strengths is making the pass that leads to the assist (the "hockey assist") as making the actual assist.

No doubt that he needs to improve his shooting. Hopefully he will put in the work. But he doesn't have to have the ball. In fact, much like the Warriors, the Lakers offense is at it's best when no one is keeping the ball in their hands for very long. Lonzo is a big part of how they do that.

The biggest problem they had last year, was they didn't have anyone who could take over the game when the offense wasn't flowing or to go to late in close games. Ingram showed some flashes of being that guy, but he's not ready for that yet. The addition of Lebron and PG eliminates that problem.

Why are you moving the goalposts? Nothing has been said about defense in the paint. Your contention was that Lebron and PG with Ingram and Lonzo create a redundancy. I said they don't and explained why. Who will be in the paint wasn't part of the discussion. However, I would expect that the Lakers would be able to sign a veteran big to an MLE or something to help with that.

I disagree. PG is a more versatile player than Love and can create his own shot where Love really can't.