• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron to LA

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was always going to LA. The Cavs have been discussing it (fearing it) internally for months now.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG + Lebron + Lakers current young core = 2nd or 3rd in the west.

Maybe he's willing to wait until the Warriors decline, or maybe catch a break with an injury?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a false rumor
The one last year was debunked.

He was shooting a commercial.

Would be kinda cool to see LeBron Jr. and Scottie Pippen Jr on the same squad...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's joining the Rams. They could use a TE

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to attach the article and will try again (on my cell) but Lebrons son just committed to a school in LA to play ball.
Damn Lebron... we needed you in Philly

LeBron James Jr. reportedly commits to school in Los Angeles | Kentucky Sports Radio

Could be true.

I thought this was a false rumor

Yeah, this rumor seems to be fake news:

Chris Martin Palmer said:
Just talked to a Sierra Canyon official on the rumor that Bronny James has committed: "That's news to us. He hasn't."

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before .....

Magic, Lebron & the ball family all having to work together?

You would be safer if you drove a dump truck through a nitroglycerin plant.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG + Lebron + Lakers current young core = 2nd or 3rd in the west.

Maybe he's willing to wait until the Warriors decline, or maybe catch a break with an injury?

He will basically need to accept that he won't win next year if he goes to the Lakers. But that may be worth it to him because they could potentially be a title contender in 2 years. And he would be able to focus on building his empire.

IMO, he's probably a year or two away from being in that mode but I guess we will see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will basically need to accept that he won't win next year if he goes to the Lakers. But that may be worth it to him because they could potentially be a title contender in 2 years. And he would be able to focus on building his empire.

IMO, he's probably a year or two away from being in that mode but I guess we will see.

Unless he somehow goes to the Warriors, he's basically going to need to accept that he's not going to win next year no matter what he does.

Every team he could go to has potential issues that could keep him out of the finals or at least from winning the title.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he somehow goes to the Warriors, he's basically going to need to accept that he's not going to win next year no matter what he does.

Every team he could go to has potential issues that could keep him out of the finals or at least from winning the title.

Certainly, the Warriors are the presumptive favorites. But there is a pretty huge difference in the chances of, say, the Celtics + Lebron and the Lakers + Lebron + PG.

The Celtics + Lebron have a significant chance of beating the Warriors*. The Rockets nearly beat the Warriors WITHOUT Lebron. The Spurs would have a significant chance of beating the Warriors with Lebron.

IMO, the Lakers with Lebron and PG do not have a serious chance of beating the Warriors or Rockets. Not next year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly, the Warriors are the presumptive favorites. But there is a pretty huge difference in the chances of, say, the Celtics + Lebron and the Lakers + Lebron + PG.

The Celtics + Lebron have a significant chance of beating the Warriors*. The Rockets nearly beat the Warriors WITHOUT Lebron. The Spurs would have a significant chance of beating the Warriors with Lebron.

IMO, the Lakers with Lebron and PG do not have a serious chance of beating the Warriors or Rockets. Not next year.

However, how do the Celtics GET Lebron? Has he shown any interest in them at all? Will Kyrie implode? I don't think you mess with the Celtics roster right now...it will take enough work to fit in Hayward.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with the Celtics is that I believe they will have to give up a couple of core guys to get him, plus, what do they do with Kyrie? I agree though, that they would have the best shot of all of the teams he's likely to go to.

The Rockets nearly beat the Warriors WITHOUT Lebron.

I'm not buying into the Rockets. I believe that if Iggy were healthy, that series would have been over in 5. Plus, you're adding ball dominant Lebron to 2 other ball dominant stars. Who's giving up the ball?

The Spurs would have a significant chance of beating the Warriors with Lebron.

Maybe, they have Pop to make it all work. I think the Celtics still have the best chance and I don't love their chances.

I think they would have a very good chance of beating the Rockets. The biggest problem the Lakers would have is experience, which Lebron and PG should be enough to counter much of that. Plus, the Lakers have the type of players to be able to defend the Rockets iso style pretty well.

The Warriors are the problem, but then, they're the problem for everyone.

As we all pretty much agree, there are zero perfect landing spots. Some are better than others based on what he may be looking for, but none are ideal.