• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron not unanimous MVP

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just post the url as an image using the [IMG ] [/IMG ] tags

f8e.gif

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just post the url as an image using the [IMG ] [/IMG ] tags

f8e.gif

Hilarious!

Still, Lebron James is the MVP. Not much anybody can do about it. Although I submit that James has been somewhat hurt about not being defensive player of the year. He has to understand that you can't always have everything.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Jordan= 86-93, 96-98)
(Hakeem and/or Shaq= The two retirement years)
(Shaq= 1998-2003)
(Kobe= 2004-2007)
(Lebron= 2007-Present)

Where's the fun in just giving out the award to the same guy every year?

Any list of best players from 86 that doesnt have Tim Duncan on it for a few years is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Again, give me a year. Duncan, for all his titles and undisputed greatness,has never led the league in scoring. He's never led the league in rebounds per game. Indeed, he has never led the league in a major statistical category.

His best years did see him lead the league in Win Shares (maybe the best all-encompassing statistic), but Shaq led the league in win shares per 48 minutes and per game. Simply, at his peak Shaq was still a better player. That's a diss of Duncan as much as it is a recognition of Shaq's greatness.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious!

Still, Lebron James is the MVP. Not much anybody can do about it. Although I submit that James has been somewhat hurt about not being defensive player of the year. He has to understand that you can't always have everything.

Why would Lebron be hurt about not winning defensive player of the year considering he's not much of a defender? He's not in the top 10 of any defensive category. He's not top 40 in block shots. He's not top 25 in rebounds. He plays weak man to man defense.

He's a pretty mediocre defender. I think that's why everyone hates the guy. He expects everything, yet plays everything safe.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Washburn of the boston globe is the one that voted for Carmelo and the reason he gave is what ive been saying. Just because you are the best player, does not mean you are the mvp. Gary said he pays attention to the true meaning of mvp.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Washburn of the boston globe is the one that voted for Carmelo and the reason he gave is what ive been saying. Just because you are the best player, does not mean you are the mvp. Gary said he pays attention to the true meaning of mvp.

Lol he still mad about what lebron did to Terry. What a little bitch lol

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's total BS.

Melo plays NO defense. Just because he chucks up 30 shots a night does not make him MVP.

Lebron plays BOTH ENDS of the floor. Melo wasn't even CLOSE to Lebron this year or any other year.

Hell Melo missed 18 shots yesterday. Lebron has missed 22 the ENTIRE FIRST ROUND.

Any fool dumb enough to vote Melo over Lebron simply doesn't understand basketball, and is too stupid to be allowed to vote.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Melo definitely showed he was MVP caliber---what 10-28?? He shoots a low percentage, that is not what you want from "MVP".

A bunch of players can shoot 30 timed and lead the league in scoring. Plus the part where he stands around and pouts if he doesn't get a call instead of playn D or getting back in transition.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is the fools that voted for Melo over Durant......or the idiots that voted Durant 5th in MVP balloting.......??? I mean, really?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baseball goes through this every year.... Many people beleive the MVP should be given to the best overall player.

The "one" guy actually got it right and thought about the value to his team. I love this qoute:

If you were to take Anthony off the Knicks, they are a lottery team. James plays with two other All-Stars, the league’s all-time 3-point leader, a defensive stalwart, and a fearless point guard. The Heat are loaded.
If LeBron was taken away from the Heat, they still would be a fifth or sixth seed. He is the best player of this generation, a multifaceted superstar with the physical prowess of Adonis, but I chose to reward a player who has lifted his team to new heights.

And how funny is it that it was a Boston writer?....

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 person voted for Melo. No one knows who just yet.

This is like the three lone sportswriters who vote for Boise St as the #1 in football and then you find out they are all from the Boise area.

He is the MVP... I don't like him... but the MVP titles don't come with an reference to how you won it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is the fools that voted for Melo over Durant......or the idiots that voted Durant 5th in MVP balloting.......??? I mean, really?

I would agree with you until I watched that last series against Houston... Durant lost it, was taking horrible shots, and wasn't an overall leader of that team. Durant is an incredible scorer but I just don't see him lifting other's performance up.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball goes through this every year.... Many people beleive the MVP should be given to the best overall player.

The "one" guy actually got it right and thought about the value to his team. I love this qoute:

And how funny is it that it was a Boston writer?....

That doesn't make him right. It makes Melo the MVP of the Knicks, not the LEAGUE.

Melo is a volume shooter. He's doing NOTHING he wasn't doing in Denver. Basically chucking up a ton of shots, and playing no defense.

This is the only argument you can make in favor of Melo, but the fact is statistically, he's not there.......and that argument is pure opinion. We have no idea if the Knicks are a lottery team or not without Melo. And even if they were that's not a reason to vote him MVP.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an asinine argument.

If you take any superstar off the team, they are likely to struggle.

Dude is a tool who decided to get all geeky and make broad strokes and assumptions.

What is worse, in a pathetic attempt to defend his idiocy, he referenced Rasheed Wallace and Kurt Thomas as Melo's running mates compared to Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an asinine argument.

If you take any superstar off the team, they are likely to struggle.

Dude is a tool who decided to get all geeky and make broad strokes and assumptions.

What is worse, in a pathetic attempt to defend his idiocy, he referenced Rasheed Wallace and Kurt Thomas as Melo's running mates compared to Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.

Just wait and see what tools they become if the Spurs whups them in the finals :laugh3:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that you guys are attacking a guy that is following the true meaning of value, instead of giving it to the best player. Like I said, they should change it to the MOP award. Thats for baseball and football too.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that voted for Melo is in all likely hood a hater. Come on Melo? I could see if he said Durant or even Duncan. He wanted some controversy and exposure. You know what they say about publicity even bad pub is good pub. At the end of the day it doesn't change the fact that Lebron won the award.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shit that these Miami Goons are posting about the one vote is really retarded. What the hell, He still got the vote. So what if one person out of a million people doesn't consider Lebron the greatest? Is it really that important to you that everyone bows down to Lebron and kisses his ass?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that you guys are attacking a guy that is following the true meaning of value, instead of giving it to the best player.

They are not mutually exclusive.
A player can be the best and most valuable at the same time.

Lebron was clearly the BEST PLAYER.
Lebron was clearly the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to his team as well.

Win Share is the best stat for direct value in terms of generating wins.

Lebron had a wins share of 19.3.
He was responsible for 29% of the teams victories.

Carmelo had a wins share of 9.5.
He was responsible for 18% of the Knicks wins.

More damning was that Chandler had a wins share of 9.4.
He was equally as valuable to the Knicks as Melo statistically in Win value.

Lebron was +10 better than any other Heat player.
He was more the double as valuable as the next best Heat player.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I have heard nothing but bitching and whining so much from the Miami Heat fans, that I have come to the conclusion:

fuck miami, fuck lebron and fuck the Miami fans. They're all a bunch of whining bitches