• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James says he will be among NBA's all time greats

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just you. Everyone knows Shaq gave him his first 3. Lets not pretend any different.

Well, if you think Shaq would've won the other 3 WITHOUT Kobe i'd disagree with you...

Last I checked it's a team game. Just sayin'...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_n0hzzaU8Fo1r01w8mo3_500.gif

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the stats that says Kobe dominated against the West and Shaq dominated in the Finals. Moral is, nobody won a title by themselves

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you think Shaq would've won the other 3 WITHOUT Kobe i'd disagree with you...

Last I checked it's a team game. Just sayin'...

Yes he probably would have had more. Of course you would disagree. You love Kobe to death.

639.gif

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the stats that says Kobe dominated against the West and Shaq dominated in the Finals. Moral is, nobody won a title by themselves

Are you saying rings are a product of a team effort?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top player for the Lakers in those first three titles was Shaq. Kobe was an equal by the third year. That said, Shaq could sure step up in the playoffs.

Kobe's 4th and 5th title were truly his, no debate please.

Michael and Lebron were the top player for their teams when they won each of their rings, thats what the anti Kobe peeps focus on.

BTW, Lebron would/could have guarded Bird, this from a Bird lover.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he probably would have had more. Of course you would disagree. You love Kobe to death.

:laugh3:

When was the last time a single player was responsible for a title?

The Lakers were great during their 2000-2002 run because of the Shaq/Kobe duo, not just because of Shaq. I personally thought 1995/96 Penny was better than 2001/02 Kobe yet Shaq couldn't get a title in Orlando. How come?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

When was the last time a single player was responsible for a title?

The Lakers were great during their 2000-2002 run because of the Shaq/Kobe duo, not just because of Shaq. I personally thought 1995/96 Penny was better than 2001/02 Kobe yet Shaq couldn't get a title in Orlando. How come?

You will find your answer in the comments of those that actually cite Kobes 5 rings as proof he is the best thing since sliced bread. We know for a fact the Lakers would not have won without Shaq the first 3 rings. Kobe was replaceable by at least 2 other guards in the league during that time.

You may have thought Penny/Shaq were better and I agree in talent only but the facts are that Shaq of the Lakers was the most dominant and basketball savvy Shaq specifically because of what he learned from PJ. That was the main reason they lost when he was with Orlando.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will find your answer in the comments of those that actually cite Kobes 5 rings as proof he is the best thing since sliced bread. We know for a fact the Lakers would not have won without Shaq the first 3 rings. Kobe was replaceable by at least 2 other guards in the league during that time.

You may have thought Penny/Shaq were better and I agree in talent only but the facts are that Shaq of the Lakers was the most dominant and basketball savvy Shaq specifically because of what he learned from PJ. That was the main reason they lost when he was with Orlando.

Kobe is one of the very few, if not ONLY players in NBA history to go from a number two option, to MVP and 2x finals MVP. Usually players go backwards after being in the league for 12+ years.

If Scottie Pippen won two more titles with Portland after leaving Chicago and became MVP for both those finals he would be in everyone's top 5!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top player for the Lakers in those first three titles was Shaq. Kobe was an equal by the third year. That said, Shaq could sure step up in the playoffs.

Kobe's 4th and 5th title were truly his, no debate please.

Michael and Lebron were the top player for their teams when they won each of their rings, thats what the anti Kobe peeps focus on.

BTW, Lebron would/could have guarded Bird, this from a Bird lover.

This. Sums. It. Up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking about all-time greats, you have to measure players against their own era, not against each other.

I mean, there are guys that played in the early days of the NBA that would have trouble getting on the court for a pick-up game at the local gym. Seriously... watch some of the videos.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is one of the very few, if not ONLY players in NBA history to go from a number two option, to MVP and 2x finals MVP. Usually players go backwards after being in the league for 12+ years.

If Scottie Pippen won two more titles with Portland after leaving Chicago and became MVP for both those finals he would be in everyone's top 5!

Hey hey....Pippen is in my top 5. Pippen was old and hurt by then. Kobe was coming into his own. You do bring up a good point though. i believe you are right about him being the only #2 option to do what he did. Shaq cast a large shadow so I have to give Kobe props for being able to assume the mantle and actually win something later as the #1 option. Maybe Paul George can do the same thing. Does he count?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not forget Kobe also got 4 NBA All star MVP's. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is, everyone says Shaq was the reason the Lakers won the titles between 2000 and 2002. Kobe was every bit as important in that run. Yes Kobe was the #2 option, but how many number 2s become:

2 x NBA Champs
2 x Finals MVP
1 x Regular Season MVP
10 x All Star Selection
3 x All Star Game MVP
8 x All NBA First Team selected
2 x NBA scoring champ

AFTER the teams best player left.

Kobe, unlike almost any other superstar in history stepped up his game when most needed and pretty much single-handed kept the Lakers amongst the NBA elite.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Kobe also got 4 NBA All star MVP's. :suds:
Typical Kobe kid.

The all-star game means something when Kobe wins the MVP or blocks LeBron's shot. But when Wade accidentally broke Kobe's nose they cried like Apollo Creed's manager in Rocky 4 screaming "this was suppose to be an exhibition!!!!!"

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Kobe kid.

The all-star game means something when Kobe wins the MVP or blocks LeBron's shot. But when Wade accidentally broke Kobe's nose they cried like Apollo Creed's manager in Rocky 4 screaming "this was suppose to be an exhibition!!!!!"

Go to Hell. :laugh: