• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James...MVP in a loss?

Will Lebron win MVP even if the Cavs lose?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should, but don't expect it.

If he doesn't, I think it's safe to say it won't ever happen again.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an atrocity if LeBron won the M.V.P. if the Warriors win. Curry has had 1 bad game, but just look at his efficiency, one game shooting below 50% from the field, Not only that his Free throw percentage and 3 point percentage have also been stellar. Without Curry the Warriors would not be in the finals, and imagine if Curry shot as many times as LeBron has, his stats would be through the roof as well! One game Curry put up 27 points to Lebron's 40 points BUT HE SHOT 14 less times! Curry should win if the Warriors win. Based on how the games have went, Iguodala even has a case to be the finals M.V.P. if the Warriors win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, like I said before shooting woes is what kills him in this argument. has he carried the Cavs hell yeah but he doesn't deserve MVP if they lose. only shot would be he goes off in game 6 and game 7 and GS wins on a game winner.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people defending Lebron are the same people who were complaining when Kobe shot over 30 attempts a game.

Lebron has done a phenomenal job, but in order to win a championship you need to play as a team. Almost 9 assists a game? Well done! Dish out 15 a game and win the title and he'll no doubt be MVP and set his place in the 'Top 10'players of all time'

Also, people criticized Kobe for missing the most shot attempts of all time, but you really don't hear anything about Lebron missing the 2nd most shots in Finals history so far.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how a player can be named "most valuable" when you lose?

As great as his performance is, he'd still be on the losing team. Nobody cares about 2nd place in sports.

I don't either. Where is the value in losing?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you're wrong and it's pretty unlikely that he gets it. As Turnup pointed out, the MVP usually goes to the best player on the winning team.

However, if the voting is done according to the definition of valuable and how it related to a team, Lebron is more valuable to the Cavs success than Curry (the likely winner) is to GSW's.

Remove Lebron from the Cavs roster and we have the most lopsided series in league history. Remove Curry from the Warriors and they still have a fighting chance.

But that's the thing, if you went by tge true definition of valuable, then the history of MVP's would be different. The rules shouldn't be changed for Lebron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing, if you went by tge true definition of valuable, then the history of MVP's would be different. The rules shouldn't be changed for Lebron.

I agree. I've never really agreed with how they do it. I think it should be based on who is truly the most valuable to their team. But I don't get a vote.

Besides, if I did, I probably wouldn't vote for Lebron anyway, just to piss off the Lebroniacs and Cavs fans. :lol:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His all around effort has been Herculean.
I've stated that.
I'm just saying his ppg is nothing special under the circumstances and especially when we know at times the Warriors were in the mindset of 'letting him' get his as long as the others were pretty much locked down.
His ppg isnt impressive but no one is putting up those kinds of numbers with no help.

And the impresive part is he is almost averaging a tripple double.

He has 40 assists to like 13 turnovers. The rest of the team has like 27 assists and 31 turnovers iirc

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people defending Lebron are the same people who were complaining when Kobe shot over 30 attempts a game.

Lebron has done a phenomenal job, but in order to win a championship you need to play as a team. Almost 9 assists a game? Well done! Dish out 15 a game and win the title and he'll no doubt be MVP and set his place in the 'Top 10'players of all time'
15 assists to who? Delly?

No one can hit a shot

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Pretty sure you can back and find more than one occasion where a guy had a great series or game for the championship, yet their team came up short...but they don't get the MVP trophy. One could easily argue if they lose, that the reason they lost is because he is taking too many shots and not getting the other guys involved enough. Some may agree or disagree with that, but the argument can be made. Everyone knows he's gonna score more points than anyone because he's gonna put up 30-40 shots...my take is if he's gonna put up that many shots, you better get at least 50 and make sure your team wins.

So nope, no way does he get the MVP if the Cavs lose this series.
Your posts are usually pretty good but anyone arguing they lost this series because he shot too much doesnt know what the hell they are talking about.

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your posts are usually pretty good but anyone arguing they lost this series because he shot too much doesnt know what the hell they are talking about.

I agree...the only chance for Cav's to have a shot in this series was for Lebron to have most of the possessions and to take most of the shots.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron deserves it but he won't win it

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron deserves it but he won't win it

He deserves it if the finals mvp was for the best player in the series. Last time i checked, it was for the most valuable player in the winning team.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is certainly deserving of it, but the only way Bron wins it is if the opposing team doesn't have a worthy candidate themselves. And while Steph has struggled for a good part of the finals, his overall numbers are good enough to reward him the finals mvp if the Warriors win the title.

The only scenario I envision Bron getting the Finals MVP without the Cavs winning is if he drops 55 tomorrow with 15 reb and 12 ast and Steph has a mediocre to bad shooting night but Warriors still win

It'd be interesting to see how Lebron reacts and responds if he does win Finals MVP without winning the title. I'd say 80 % of him would hate it because he failed to reach the ultimate goal, but the other 20 % would be another stroke to his ego.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves it if the finals mvp was for the best player in the series. Last time i checked, it was for the most valuable player in the winning team.

Jerry West says hi.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is certainly deserving of it, but the only way Bron wins it is if the opposing team doesn't have a worthy candidate themselves. And while Steph has struggled for a good part of the finals, his overall numbers are good enough to reward him the finals mvp if the Warriors win the title.

The only scenario I envision Bron getting the Finals MVP without the Cavs winning is if he drops 55 tomorrow with 15 reb and 12 ast and Steph has a mediocre to bad shooting night but Warriors still win

It'd be interesting to see how Lebron reacts and responds if he does win Finals MVP without winning the title. I'd say 80 % of him would hate it because he failed to reach the ultimate goal, but the other 20 % would be another stroke to his ego.

Yeah because any other player who pulled that off would be egoless and derive no pleasure from said accomplishment. God knows Kobe, MJ, Shaq and the gang would serenely ignore the honor

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Twas BS he didn't win MVP the first time around.

The Cavs suck balls.

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West says hi.

That was over 40yrs ago...and it did go to 7games. I was not around at that time, so not sure how the NBA and the media was like....but...

Ever since i started watching the NBA...I was always given the impression fmvp belongs to the winning team....this will be a big suprise to me if it changes

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what it would do to Lebron's legacy if he does win it on a losing team. Will he be regarded as Jerry West of today? Is that a good thing? Not sure how Lebron would feel about that....would he even put that fmvp trophy on the mantle since it will only serve as a reminder about the series loss?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was over 40yrs ago...and it did go to 7games. I was not around at that time, so not sure how the NBA and the media was like....but...

Ever since i started watching the NBA...I was always given the impression fmvp belongs to the winning team....this will be a big suprise to me if it changes

Yeah and an even bigger surprise to me....that's why I said: he deserves it but will not win it