• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James...MVP in a loss?

Will Lebron win MVP even if the Cavs lose?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a guy who, without him, the team would lose by 50 pts a night?

yeah

and i hate lebron

Of course they would lose is a much worse fashion.
Again, who cares?
I've always said he was the best in the league, but a mountain of stats in losses doesn't impress me.
He was great in last years Finals. Who cares? We got our asses kicked.[/QUOTE]
hes not a volume shooter like say, AI was...butg hes had to be the deeper hes gone this year.

hes still the biggest self aggrandizing dbag in sports...but hes done what he has had to.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but David Lee should get some consideration from his team.. Golden St was playing flat until he got some playing time. Lee came in and his intensity helped the team bring their intensity level up, which led to much better defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they would lose is a much worse fashion.
Again, who cares?
I've always said he was the best in the league, but a mountain of stats in losses doesn't impress me.
He was great in last years Finals. Who cares? We got our asses kicked.
hes not a volume shooter like say, AI was...butg hes had to be the deeper hes gone this year.

hes still the biggest self aggrandizing dbag in sports...but hes done what he has had to.[/QUOTE]

Which is?
Lose in the Finals again?
NOT saying it's his fault, but it's his show.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes still the biggest self aggrandizing dbag in sports...but hes done what he has had to.

Which is?
Lose in the Finals again?
NOT saying it's his fault, but it's his show.[/QUOTE]
cant argue with that.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the basis of Rock point in regards to how much LeBron has to do and that this team doesn't allow him to be nearly as efficient as Miami days.

But, you are being a little generous calling 40% acceptable. Especially considering how bad he's shot from outside most of the playoff.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the basis of Rock point in regards to how much LeBron has to do and that this team doesn't allow him to be nearly as efficient as Miami days.

But, you are being a little generous calling 40% acceptable. Especially considering how bad he's shot from outside most of the playoff.
im old school i guess.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: No one in the league could have this Cav's team only down 3-2 if you substitute Lebron for that player. And I am not sure anyone in the history of the league outside of MJ (and maybe Kobe at his best) could have made this a series either.

We have never seen a single player carrying a team like this and do it as successfully as Lebron currently is.

I give him the MVP for that reason alone. Most valuable player. I don't think there is any question who that is in this series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: No one in the league could have this Cav's team only down 3-2 if you substitute Lebron for that player. And I am not sure anyone in the history of the league outside of MJ (and maybe Kobe at his best) could have made this a series either.

We have never seen a single player carrying a team like this and do it as successfully as Lebron currently is.

I give him the MVP for that reason alone. Most valuable player. I don't think there is any question who that is in this series.

I think MJ could, but Kobe when he doesnt have players around him got his team even less involved. Lebron still seems to get these guys involved making or missing. It would be interesting to see, but yes nobody could do what he is doing. Still amazed they have some sort of shot playing in a Game 6.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting in numerous awards usually doesn't though.
Majority of voters usually go for best player on best team.

There is NO DOUBT that James has been the biggest difference maker in the series, but IMO no chance he wins if the Cavs lose in 6.
If he drags them to a losing game 7 but continues to put up numbers like he has AND Curry cools off, then he might get it.

I don't see anyway Iggy gets it over him.

As of now, it's Currys to lose though.

I agree.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still amazed they have some sort of shot playing in a Game 6.

After game 1 and Irving went down I thought GS would close out in 5 at the very least (and only because they are a jump shooting team which makes them more prone to off games).

If the Cav's can somehow manage to win this series, I would consider this the 3rd biggest upset in sport's history in my viewing lifetime (just a little too young for Miracle on Ice):

1) Buster Douglas
2) Giant's over the perfect Pat's
3) This one. And what is even more impressive is that in both scenarios above, it is a one shot deal. This is a 7 game series!

The Cav's really should have been swept by GS. GS is the SIGNIFICANTLY better team after the injuries to Love and Irving.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people defending Lebron are the same people who were complaining when Kobe shot over 30 attempts a game.

Lebron has done a phenomenal job, but in order to win a championship you need to play as a team. Almost 9 assists a game? Well done! Dish out 15 a game and win the title and he'll no doubt be MVP and set his place in the 'Top 10'players of all time'

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people defending Lebron are the same people who were complaining when Kobe shot over 30 attempts a game.

Lebron has done a phenomenal job, but in order to win a championship you need to play as a team. Almost 9 assists a game? Well done! Dish out 15 a game and win the title and he'll no doubt be MVP and set his place in the 'Top 10'players of all time'

To be fair, Lebron is in a no-win situation. In order for the Cavs to have any shot at winning, he has to shoot the ball as much as he has been.

On the other hand, to win, he needs to get 15 assists with a roster of players who aren't good enough to hit the shots required to get 15 assists.

Personally, I think he's come as close as humanly possible to getting what is needed to win with this roster. End of the day, the Cavs just don't have enough.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He probably could have averaged close to 15 if guys knock down shots lol. Regardless, still a great series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how a player can be named "most valuable" when you lose?

As great as his performance is, he'd still be on the losing team. Nobody cares about 2nd place in sports.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba sucks. I love basketball.

Pretty accurate. I basically can't watch basketball on TV any longer. Too many commercials and free throws and timeouts. It's the same thing that killed March Madness for me(and that used to be my favorite event of the year).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how a player can be named "most valuable" when you lose?

As great as his performance is, he'd still be on the losing team. Nobody cares about 2nd place in sports.

Not saying you're wrong and it's pretty unlikely that he gets it. As Turnup pointed out, the MVP usually goes to the best player on the winning team.

However, if the voting is done according to the definition of valuable and how it related to a team, Lebron is more valuable to the Cavs success than Curry (the likely winner) is to GSW's.

Remove Lebron from the Cavs roster and we have the most lopsided series in league history. Remove Curry from the Warriors and they still have a fighting chance.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you're wrong and it's pretty unlikely that he gets it. As Turnup pointed out, the MVP usually goes to the best player on the winning team.

However, if the voting is done according to the definition of valuable and how it related to a team, Lebron is more valuable to the Cavs success than Curry (the likely winner) is to GSW's.

Remove Lebron from the Cavs roster and we have the most lopsided series in league history. Remove Curry from the Warriors and they still have a fighting chance.
Andre dawson won an mvp on a last place team.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Pretty sure you can back and find more than one occasion where a guy had a great series or game for the championship, yet their team came up short...but they don't get the MVP trophy. One could easily argue if they lose, that the reason they lost is because he is taking too many shots and not getting the other guys involved enough. Some may agree or disagree with that, but the argument can be made. Everyone knows he's gonna score more points than anyone because he's gonna put up 30-40 shots...my take is if he's gonna put up that many shots, you better get at least 50 and make sure your team wins.

So nope, no way does he get the MVP if the Cavs lose this series.