• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James likely out of the playoffs for the first time since 2005 - Let's Celebrate!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JORDAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LEBRON

giphy.gif

I don't recall anyone saying LeBron's better than MJ.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that he is greatest physical specimen of all-time, but not even close to the greatest basketball player of all-time.
This stupid bitch was too pussy to play the sport for people his shape.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stupid bitch was too pussy to play the sport for people his shape.

You are so dumb.

He was built for basketball.

How many 6’9 players in the history of the NFL?

You can count them on 1 hand.

And all but 1 was a lineman.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so dumb.

He was built for basketball.

How many 6’9 players in the history of the NFL?

You can count them on 1 hand.

And all but 1 was a lineman.
DE. He's 6'8.5 and came into the league shorter.

He doesn't need you lying to defend him on the internet lol

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see, you think LeBron should have passed up a 19 year and counting career where he performs as the 2nd best player in history and makes tons of guaranteed money starting at age 18 and builds a business empire vs playing pretty well as a defensive end in a sport where the typical LONG career is 10 years and the starting age is 21 and the pay is far less.

This is so you.

MJ really should have just played baseball.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, you think LeBron should have passed up a 19 year and counting career where he performs as the 2nd best player in history and makes tons of guaranteed money starting at age 18 and builds a business empire vs playing pretty well as a defensive end in a sport where the typical LONG career is 10 years and the starting age is 21 and the pay is far less.

This is so you.

MJ really should have just played baseball.
This might literally be the longest sentence I’ve ever seen on a message board. And I’ve been on these for 15 years…

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might literally be the longest sentence I’ve ever seen on a message board. And I’ve been on these for 15 years…
The length was part of the point, but I've seen MUCH longer

(That's what she said)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What am I lying about?

Go look up tallest players in NFL history.

Nobody in their right mind thinks 6’9 250 is a protype NFL size.

Could he have been a good DE or TE in the NFL?

I am quite sure that he could because he is that good of an athelte. But to say he picked the wrong sport makes you the ultimate hater troll.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quite sure that he could because he is that good of an athelte. But to say he picked the wrong sport makes you the ultimate hater troll.
No, he's a pussy that's why he had to play basketball. He wouldn't have been any good. Doesn’t have the toughness and character of a football player. Just the size.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I lying about?

You reminded me of an ex-Chief that played for us back in the 70's named Morris Stroud. Only thing they used him for was blocking field goals at the cross bar(rules allowed for it back then lol)...

Man was 6'10"...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's a pussy that's why he had to play basketball. He wouldn't have been any good. Doesn’t have the toughness and character of a football player. Just the size.

Holy shit, you're hilarious.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I lying about?

The only player that tall that I can remember being good was Ed ''Too Tall'' Jones who was 6'9''.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

from The Athletic

He knows the team would be better off by bolstering the basketball operations infrastructure, changing the well-deserved narrative that they’re run like a “mom-and-pop shop” by adding experienced executives to work alongside president of basketball operations Pelinka (who continues to have Jeanie’s support) and his right-hand man, Kurt Rambis (who is also expected to remain as a divisive and extremely influential presence). This is a Lakers front office that inspires a deep distrust and frustration in many of its rival front-office executives and agents — a reality that doesn’t bode well for roster improvement in this desperate time. Still, the reluctance remains to address these problems that are common knowledge around the league.

James surely knows the Lakers should improve the scouting and analytics departments too, investing in the kind of bright basketball minds who could create a competitive edge during these later years of his storied career. A first step, many would argue, would be to create and support the kind of inclusive and collaborative culture where solutions tend to rise to the surface.

James and his associates aren’t blind to any of this.

So with all that in mind, what comes next in James’ Lakers life?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now James can go home and contemplate where he wants to play for the next 2 years because there are lots of rumors he doesn't want to re-sign with the Lakers until Bronny is ready and eligible to play in the NBA but perhaps play somewhere else.

Lebron may be completely bald by then. Kid is a decent prospect, but counting on a 1 and done and actually being ready to contribute?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may be completely bald by then. Kid is a decent prospect, but counting on a 1 and done and actually being ready to contribute?
Bronny will never earn a place in the NBA. If he goes it’s because of his name. He might as well be one and done and maximize the time he can ride his dad’s coattails

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was an all state WR in high school. He stopped playing football because he was arguably the greatest basketball prospect of all time.

Easy decision to focus on that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronny will never earn a place in the NBA. If he goes it’s because of his name. He might as well be one and done and maximize the time he can ride his dad’s coattails

He's definitely not going to be his Dad and he's probably not going to be a one and done in college. But so far, based on recruiting rankings, he looks like he can be a decent role player in the NBA if he continues to develop.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

from The Athletic

He knows the team would be better off by bolstering the basketball operations infrastructure, changing the well-deserved narrative that they’re run like a “mom-and-pop shop” by adding experienced executives to work alongside president of basketball operations Pelinka (who continues to have Jeanie’s support) and his right-hand man, Kurt Rambis (who is also expected to remain as a divisive and extremely influential presence). This is a Lakers front office that inspires a deep distrust and frustration in many of its rival front-office executives and agents — a reality that doesn’t bode well for roster improvement in this desperate time. Still, the reluctance remains to address these problems that are common knowledge around the league.

James surely knows the Lakers should improve the scouting and analytics departments too, investing in the kind of bright basketball minds who could create a competitive edge during these later years of his storied career. A first step, many would argue, would be to create and support the kind of inclusive and collaborative culture where solutions tend to rise to the surface.

James and his associates aren’t blind to any of this.

So with all that in mind, what comes next in James’ Lakers life?
Yea, Wiggy. The entire league knows that the Rambi are the biggest cancer in the FO and that Pelinka is a joke, but the lack of improvements and additions of young basketball minds along with technology continues to be the problems Jeannie Buss refuses to address. Her biggest problem is letting the crap that Jim (Short Buss) and his younger brother created during their tenure, remain. Her reluctance to stop running the organization with the family model stuck her head and make the necessary changes will doom this franchise as long as she is around. At this point, for the sake of the fans, she should sell the Lakers and go make babies with Phil.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an all state WR in high school. He stopped playing football because he was arguably the greatest basketball prospect of all time.

Easy decision to focus on that.

Yeah, if chose football, he'd likely be a top wide receiver. But, even if he could earn the same salary in the NFL as he does in the NBA...he still wouldn't make as much because his career would be much shorter. He also isn't likely to be the GOAT convo if he played football.