• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James likely out of the playoffs for the first time since 2005 - Let's Celebrate!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a damn shame that so many folks think the league needs this self-absorbed asshole in order to promote ratings. The fact is that there's enough talent league-wide that the NBA can survive without this narcissistic idiot.

In an in interview with Oprah back in 2012, LeBron was quoted as saying that the thing that hurt him the most through the whole "Decision" backlash was that a lot of people said he was selfish.

Earth to LeBron - The reason people said that is because it's true and always has been. In fact, it is literally the only reason you do anything for any reason, EVER - To promote yourself and your Klutch Sports brand.

I've seen plenty of Lakers fans on RealGM that no longer want him on their team, and it's sad. Who would have thought that an actual basketball fan could actually be tired of LeBron? Well I've been to 40 organized basketball games this season and still counting, and...

Looking forward to the day this guy retires :clap:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball isn't a real sport.
VTAG.gif

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that he is greatest physical specimen of all-time, but not even close to the greatest basketball player of all-time.

I don't buy that. Jordan was the best athlete I've ever seen in NBA history. He was Allen Iverson quick in his 20's and had that ridiculous vertical leap.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that. Jordan was the best athlete I've ever seen in NBA history. He was Allen Iverson quick in his 20's and had that ridiculous vertical leap.
I never seen anything like that leap. I though he could fly so I agree that LeBron isnt even close to Jordan

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as he has to go out West to where the REAL Competition is, hes forced out fishing before the playoffs even start.

Once again, the biggest overrated FRAUD in NBA History.

There's also a good chance the LeFRAUD-led Lakers end up with fewer wins than last year's team... so much for the MYTH that LeLoser makes players better.:dhd:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Zion will challenge that
Sooner or later, some one will, but it won't be LeBron James - His strongest game in my opinion was getting to the basket, but I don't remember him being a high fly act that much. Of course LeBron has it tougher because He isn't allowed to travel like Michael Jordan did and he isn't allowed to clear space with his elbows.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later, some one will, but it won't be LeBron James - His strongest game in my opinion was getting to the basket, but I don't remember him being a high fly act that much. Of course LeBron has it tougher because He isn't allowed to travel like Michael Jordan did and he isn't allowed to clear space with his elbows.

Beg pardon???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron had all of that in a bigger, stronger body.

I think MJ is the GOAT, but Lebron's combination of size, quickness, athleticism and speed allowed him to defend all 5 positions on the floor (MJ could guard 3, maybe 4) on defense

On offense, they both could score on anyone or beat anyone off the dribble. But even there, because Lebron is bigger and stronger, he had an easier time scoring against bigger defenders/powering his way to the basket. Don't get me wrong, MJ could too, but not as easily.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course LeBron has it tougher because He isn't allowed to travel like Michael Jordan did and he isn't allowed to clear space with his elbows.

Have you ever watched Lebron play?

If anything, he has it easier. Rule changes have limited how physical defenders can be AND he gets away with travelling, clearing space with his elbows and damn near running over people when he bull rushes the rim.

I was watching a Lakers game with a friend of mine recently and we were both commenting on how, since he has been back from his injury, he hasn't been able to just beat guys off the dribble. So he's been pushing them away with his off arm as he drives to the basket.

At one point I said..."the refs have to call that on him sooner or later, don't they?"

They never did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never seen anything like that leap. I though he could fly so I agree that LeBron isnt even close to Jordan
Not even close? Lebron can jump OK, too. Can pretty much do what MJ did athletically.....and is a couple inches taller and 60 lbs. heavier.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think MJ is the GOAT, but Lebron's combination of size, quickness, athleticism and speed allowed him to defend all 5 positions on the floor (MJ could guard 3, maybe 4) on defense

On offense, they both could score on anyone or beat anyone off the dribble. But even there, because Lebron is bigger and stronger, he had an easier time scoring against bigger defenders/powering his way to the basket. Don't get me wrong, MJ could too, but not as easily.
Have always wanted to see him on an NFL field.

I think if it was 3rd and goal at the other team's 5 you could tell the other team you were throwing a jump ball to Lebron and they couldn't stop it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have always wanted to see him on an NFL field.

I think if it was 3rd and goal at the other team's 5 you could tell the other team you were throwing a jump ball to Lebron and they couldn't stop it.

Wasn't he an all state wide receiver or something in high school?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he an all state wide receiver or something in high school?
Cannot say for sure he was all state but he was damn good (maybe all city?). I think he played through his junior season.

Guy is fast, strong, 6-8 and 260ish and could jump out of a stadium. How is a 6-0, 190 lb. CB stopping that?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michael Jordan would kick Lebrons ass if they were on the floor at the same time, but it would be one hell of a match

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close? Lebron can jump OK, too. Can pretty much do what MJ did athletically.....and is a couple inches taller and 60 lbs. heavier.
You children have either never seen MJ play or have forgot what MJ could do.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say for sure he was all state but he was damn good (maybe all city?). I think he played through his junior season.

Guy is fast, strong, 6-8 and 260ish and could jump out of a stadium. How is a 6-0, 190 lb. CB stopping that?

LeBron's sophomore year he was 1st team all state. As a junior he helped St. V / St. M to the state semifinal. He was also recruited by ND.