• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James likely out of the playoffs for the first time since 2005 - Let's Celebrate!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever watched Lebron play?

If anything, he has it easier. Rule changes have limited how physical defenders can be AND he gets away with travelling, clearing space with his elbows and damn near running over people when he bull rushes the rim.

I was watching a Lakers game with a friend of mine recently and we were both commenting on how, since he has been back from his injury, he hasn't been able to just beat guys off the dribble. So he's been pushing them away with his off arm as he drives to the basket.

At one point I said..."the refs have to call that on him sooner or later, don't they?"

They never did.
Come on man, be both know Michael Jordan was allowed to take 3 to 5 steps every time before shooting. That's what gave him the lift when he jumped into the basket and I know I saw MJ use his elbows to clear space. The game had changed and even MJ said the newer rules was making it tougher on big players like him

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You children have either never seen MJ play or have forgot what MJ could do.

I haven't forgot what MJ could do. He was an assassin on the court. And in todays NBA where it's not nearly as physical as his day he would light opponents up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, be both know Michael Jordan was allowed to take 3 to 5 steps every time before shooting.

So does Lebron, so did Kobe, etc., etc.

Shaq lowering his shoulder into a defender and bumping him off to create space is an offensive foul. How often did he ever get called for it?

James Harden travels just about every time he shoots his step back 3.

Magic could have been called for "carryover" on many of his plays.

Kareem would sometimes push off with his off arm to shoot his skyhook.

Reggie Miller used to kick guys on his jump shot to create contact and get a 3 point play opportunity.

Point is, there have been superstar calls and non-calls for as long as there's been an NBA and Lebron benefits from them just like the others.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron had all of that in a bigger, stronger body.

I think MJ is the GOAT, but Lebron's combination of size, quickness, athleticism and speed allowed him to defend all 5 positions on the floor (MJ could guard 3, maybe 4) on defense

On offense, they both could score on anyone or beat anyone off the dribble. But even there, because Lebron is bigger and stronger, he had an easier time scoring against bigger defenders/powering his way to the basket. Don't get me wrong, MJ could too, but not as easily.

James has strength and size. He's not as quick as Jordan and never could leap like Jordan. The elevation on Jordan's j was ridiculous. And James can't guard the point iso. Every time he got stuck one on one against Terry with no help he got torched. Terry made him look stupid. When they had him match up with Rose he had help near left and right and they got away with it because nobody on else on the Bulls could put it on the floor and drive to the hoop.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You children have either never seen MJ play or have forgot what MJ could do.

Nope.

Remember quite well.

There are a few areas Jordan had an edge on LeBron.

Raw athleticism isn't one.

I think you are forgetting what the 24 year old version of LeBron looked like.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James has strength and size. He's not as quick as Jordan and never could leap like Jordan. The elevation on Jordan's j was ridiculous. And James can't guard the point iso. Every time he got stuck one on one against Terry with no help he got torched. Terry made him look stupid. When they had him match up with Rose he had help near left and right and they got away with it because nobody on else on the Bulls could put it on the floor and drive to the hoop.

Ok.

But LeBron is much closer to MJ in quickness and jumping ability than MJ to LeBron on size and strength. And I take LeBron in a foot race too.

Also, calling BS on LeBron defense. In his prime, he was as good an on the ball defender as I have ever seen. Jordan and Pippen were better overall because they played better off ball. LeBron always used to overhelp a bit too much. So those 2 and others are probably better overall defenders.

Prime LBJ was nasty on D though. Don't forget.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Lebron, so did Kobe, etc., etc.

Shaq lowering his shoulder into a defender and bumping him off to create space is an offensive foul. How often did he ever get called for it?

James Harden travels just about every time he shoots his step back 3.

Magic could have been called for "carryover" on many of his plays.

Kareem would sometimes push off with his off arm to shoot his skyhook.

Reggie Miller used to kick guys on his jump shot to create contact and get a 3 point play opportunity.

Point is, there have been superstar calls and non-calls for as long as there's been an NBA and Lebron benefits from them just like the others.
It's nothing personal and I'm not sure why so many people get so pissed off be merely because I think Michael Jordan was a much better leader and player, and yes they all had their tricks, but that doesnt mean the NBA didnt make it harder for them to get away with that shit and I Still place MJ, Magic Johnson, Kareem, Larry Bird and Kobe over and better then LeBron

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's sophomore year he was 1st team all state. As a junior he helped St. V / St. M to the state semifinal. He was also recruited by ND.
NBA teams don't play a lot of Sunday marquee games until after Christmas. Maybe the Browns could borrow him for a few hours a week, for 1-2 plays per game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nothing personal and I'm not sure why so many people get so pissed off be merely because I think Michael Jordan was a much better leader and player, and yes they all had their tricks, but that doesnt mean the NBA didnt make it harder for them to get away with that shit and I Still place MJ, Magic Johnson, Kareem, Larry Bird and Kobe over and better then LeBron
I doubt anyone gets pissed, but you should read The Jordan Rules before being so sure MJ was a "much better leader."

He's a dick.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Remember quite well.

There are a few areas Jordan had an edge on LeBron.

Raw athleticism isn't one.

I think you are forgetting what the 24 year old version of LeBron looked like.
I agree on LeBron at the minimum being just as athletic, but I still think Both Michael Jordn and Kobe Bryant were better closers, more clutch and better ball IQ. I do, however give LeBron points in passing the ball more and distributing the ball better. In fact there are times when I wish he was a bit more selfish

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anyone gets pissed, but you should read The Jordan Rules before being so sure MJ was a "much better leader."

He's a dick.
That's the reason MJ has 6 rings. You dont lead a team to six championships by being soft or weak.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't forgot what MJ could do. He was an assassin on the court. And in todays NBA where it's not nearly as physical as his day he would light opponents up.
EASILY LMAO

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the reason MJ has 6 rings. You dont lead a team to six championships by being soft or weak.
You also can beat teams that are better than yours but MJ couldn't. Does that make him soft or weak? Lebron did that at least a couple times.

That said, I don't think Lebron is a leader.

Just because MJ is not soft nor weak does not make him a leader.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a bit overblown. MJ is a waif compared to Lebron. Lebron gets hit hard and just keeps going through contact......or he flops.

Lebron also beat a Piston team pretty much himself with physcal players like Rip, Billups, Sheed and Ben Wallace.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've argued before I don't think Jordan would be any more effective now than he was then. He can't be guarded one on one and you had to force a double team to keep him somewhat in check (or elbow the shit out of him)

Now he could be guarded with guys rotating over. Russ is every bit the athlete Jordan was imo.

Long story short the predictions of him averaging 40 and 50 a game are overblown imo. I mean he can do it obviously as Harden is but to what end? Would it make his team better for him to average 30 or 40?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron James is one of the reasons I haven’t watched an entire NBA game in years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on LeBron at the minimum being just as athletic, but I still think Both Michael Jordn and Kobe Bryant were better closers, more clutch and better ball IQ. I do, however give LeBron points in passing the ball more and distributing the ball better. In fact there are times when I wish he was a bit more selfish

Nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Just a couple posts ago you said Jordan was far more athletic.

He wasn't.

I am not getting into skills here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry Bird?!?