• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James likely out of the playoffs for the first time since 2005 - Let's Celebrate!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'ma have to knock Kobe out of there too
LeBron was stronger and healthier for sure - where Kobe had injuries over the years. Kobe had better ball IQ and was damned better closer. LeBron is just simply a better all around player - or perhaps the phrase I am looking for is a balanced player where Kobe had tunnel vision for just parts of the game.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the dumbest thread ever.
Lebron getting injured in 2019 with a brand new team at age 34 doesn't change his career.

That is like saying Michael Jordan was over-rated because he could not get the Wizards past 37 wins in the weakest eastern conference era ever.

If Lebron had retired after 2018, he would be viewed no worse than #3 all time and maybe #2.
I dont see how one extra season later in his career suddenly unravels that....

And honestly, I really suspect Lebron will find his way back to the finals again soon.
He is not even close to done.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a damn shame that so many folks think the league needs this self-absorbed asshole in order to promote ratings. The fact is that there's enough talent league-wide that the NBA can survive without this narcissistic idiot.

In an in interview with Oprah back in 2012, LeBron was quoted as saying that the thing that hurt him the most through the whole "Decision" backlash was that a lot of people said he was selfish.

Earth to LeBron - The reason people said that is because it's true and always has been. In fact, it is literally the only reason you do anything for any reason, EVER - To promote yourself and your Klutch Sports brand.

I've seen plenty of Lakers fans on RealGM that no longer want him on their team, and it's sad. Who would have thought that an actual basketball fan could actually be tired of LeBron? Well I've been to 40 organized basketball games this season and still counting, and...

Looking forward to the day this guy retires :clap:
Right on!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron getting injured in 2019 with a brand new team at age 34 doesn't change his career.

That is like saying Michael Jordan was over-rated because he could not get the Wizards past 37 wins in the weakest eastern conference era ever.

If Lebron had retired after 2018, he would be viewed no worse than #3 all time and maybe #2.

And honestly, I really suspect Lebron will find his way back to the finals again soon.
Not even close to done? What, you think he'll still be playing at a high level 5-6 yrs from now?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winner

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that even if he retired a couple years ago he would be among the very best of all time still. Like you said- as high as a top 2 all time- certainly no lower than top 3 or 4 at the absolute WORST.

I dont think he finds his way back to the Finals anytime soon unless he forces a trade to a different team.

I am split on "close to done". I think he can continue to play for 3-5 years if he wanted to. I think his play will continue to decline and he will continue to get more injury prone. The level of play is the question.

Its clear Lebron cant carry a team on his back anymore and he is not the guy he was in his prime. I dont think anyone would say we are still seeing prime LeBron. He is definitely more injury prone then he used to be as well.

He might/might not make all nba this year. First non injury year that is even a debate in a looong time. Offensively- he will still continue to play at an elite level. Defensively he has been declining for some time now.

I also think that the Lakers playing him the minuts, and making him take on the responsibility offensively that he has taken on are not good things for his longevity. He averaged 37.2 minutes a game this year. Thats a lot of minutes. He took the 2nd MOST shots per game this year in his entire career-- only time he took more shots was in 2005-2006 - well over 15 years ago. Combine a mediocre team around him, a ton of minutes, and a ton of offensive responsibility, and his age- and its not surprising his injuries seem more frequent.

on a great team where he can have some attention taken off him- he could play for a long time. Playing 37+ minuts a night, taking 20+ shots a nigth, and having to carry a team- he isnt going to last as long- at least not at an elite level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay, Kuminga, Poole for LeBron?

I think GSW says no. I think the Lakers would say yes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins, Kuminga, Poole, Wiseman, Moody, and 2 1sts for LeBron.

Who says no?

Golden State wouldn’t do that.

I do think perhaps they should make a big move next year in terms of a trade, but LeBron isn’t the right target for them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State wouldn’t do that.

I do think perhaps they should make a big move next year in terms of a trade, but LeBron isn’t the right target for them.
They do have a ton of assets to play with. Should be interesting

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now James can go home and contemplate where he wants to play for the next 2 years because there are lots of rumors he doesn't want to re-sign with the Lakers until Bronny is ready and eligible to play in the NBA but perhaps play somewhere else.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a damn shame that so many folks think the league needs this self-absorbed asshole in order to promote ratings. The fact is that there's enough talent league-wide that the NBA can survive without this narcissistic idiot.

In an in interview with Oprah back in 2012, LeBron was quoted as saying that the thing that hurt him the most through the whole "Decision" backlash was that a lot of people said he was selfish.

Earth to LeBron - The reason people said that is because it's true and always has been. In fact, it is literally the only reason you do anything for any reason, EVER - To promote yourself and your Klutch Sports brand.

I've seen plenty of Lakers fans on RealGM that no longer want him on their team, and it's sad. Who would have thought that an actual basketball fan could actually be tired of LeBron? Well I've been to 40 organized basketball games this season and still counting, and...

Looking forward to the day this guy retires :clap:
JORDAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LEBRON

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was stronger and healthier for sure - where Kobe had injuries over the years. Kobe had better ball IQ and was damned better closer. LeBron is just simply a better all around player - or perhaps the phrase I am looking for is a balanced player where Kobe had tunnel vision for just parts of the game.

There's no way Kobe had a better basketball IQ than LeBron. In just about every head to head category LeBron's numbers are better. And LeBron's hit a better percentage of game winning shots.

You need to look up the head to head numbers and see what they say for yourself. If you refuse to do that then you don't want to know what the real numbers say. Which is LeBron > Kobe.