• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron is a fraud

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted that he most likely would have stayed in Miami if they won vs the Spurs.

As I suspected before he didn't leave Miami to "go home". He left Miami because he saw a better opportunity (in his opinion) and wanted to continue to chase rings.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised. from one big 3 to another

id even go as far as to say should they not win this season he will "consider" leaving again.

especially should they not make the finals.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said, it would of been hard to leave the Heat with a chance of a four peat, anybody would. I applaud his honesty.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said, it would of been hard to leave the Heat with a chance of a four peat, anybody would. I applaud his honesty.
MJ quit with the chance to........ twice

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised. from one big 3 to another

id even go as far as to say should they not win this season he will "consider" leaving again.

especially should they not make the finals.

Well, he does have that opt out after this year.:whistle:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted that he most likely would have stayed in Miami if they won vs the Spurs.

As I suspected before he didn't leave Miami to "go home". He left Miami because he saw a better opportunity (in his opinion) and wanted to continue to chase rings.

doesn't suprise ME in the slightest...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told you all that from the beginning - All you had to do was the math

Miami - Aging player Ray Allen's miracle shot gave Miami only the second of two championships. His tenure as relevant is limited at the best. Without him Miami wins nothing. Wade - beginning to have problems and more problems with his knees - without him Miami wins nothing. Miami had a fantastic run to the finals with four trips, but only two

Cleveland - Made to fit - the entire world except me bought into his line of bs that he was doing the right thing by going home and making it up to Cleveland. He saw Irving in the same light he saw himself four years ago or more and Cleveland convinced him they would be able to build the winning team

Make no mistake about it - greed is the only thing that drives every single player in the league and nothing more

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't suprise ME in the slightest...

Surprise you? You should have known that from the beginning - It's about championships and money, but not just the money in the NBA. Those endorsements are worth far more than what he would make in Miami without championships. That's the nature of the beast

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The letter he wrote for SI, was just for publicity. Everyone knows it. He didn't have the control in Miami he wanted, he will in Cleveland. He will control everything there. This move was about power.. nothing more. Don't believe me? Then why they opt out clause after 1 year? He is daring Dan Gilbert to not give him what he wants.

LeBron can leave.. I cant defend him leaving Cleveland for Miami then get mad when he uses the same free agency rights to the do the opposite. I just don't like him toying with Pat Riley. He made Riley fly across country to Vegas for a meeting when the decision had already been made. Pau Gasol already knew, Mike Miller knew, and the letter had already been wrote and given to SI.

Not cool. Whether you like Riley or not, he should have earned any players respect by what he has accomplished. Riley deserved to be told and not jerked around by LeBron. Whatever. I know this sounds stupid... but I want the Heat to end the Cavs season in the playoffs as bad as I wanted the Heat to win a championship last year.

No I am not betting you CL.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I'm not sure if you guys heard the rumors but according to a source, LeBron told Gasol he was leaving Miami before he told anyone in the heat organization as Pau was ready to sign with Miami if he had stayed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So had he stayed in Miami you wouldn't have an issue w/ him right?:noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he does have that opt out after this year.:whistle:

In 2 years max deals will be worth even more money. Wonder if that has anything to do w/ his current contract?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does 2 years from now have to do with having an opt o after year 1? The 2 yr deal is fine but the opt out after year 1 makes no sense to me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does 2 years from now have to do with having an opt o after year 1? The 2 yr deal is fine but the opt out after year 1 makes no sense to me.

I think LeBron just wants as much leverage as possible. But if opts outta his current 2 year deal after this season that will forever tarnish his legacy once he's done playing.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know LeBron wants his power and will likely get it but what would have happened if the cavs didn't give him what he wanted? If he took off after yr one it would be worse than the decision.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron legacy will be tarnished if he leaves Cleveland by choice again

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wouldn't stay if they were going for a 4-peat, but they didn't win so it means nothing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2 years max deals will be worth even more money. Wonder if that has anything to do w/ his current contract?

Of course it does and from a business perspective it's a smart move. However, it's also a smart move from a "power" perspective.

Lebron was running things in Cleveland the first time around, but wasn't able to win any titles. Then he went to Miami where he learned how to win titles from one of the best in the business. A guy who has won titles as a player, coach and GM. The problem in Miami was that Riley and Arison were never going to give him the "keys to the kingdom". So, he returns to Cleveland where Gilbert is all too happy to cede control of the franchise. Or do you think it's mere coincidence that the Cavs are busily putting together the same type of roster that he had in Miami?

No one is questioning Lebron's right to go where he wants. The problem, just as when he left Cleveland, is with the way he does it.

Also, didn't Lebron say "no more long term contracts"? That indicates that he's going to use these shorter deals like a sword of Damocles to hang over Gilberts (or any other future owners) heads to make sure that he gets what he wants.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right but still he should've kept that to himself because he comes off as a front runner who will leave if he isn't winning every year. It makes it seem like 2 titles in 4 years with 4 finals appearances still isn't good enough to keep him in one place