• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron/Draymond Green altercation

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't, the "bitch" thing came from McMenamin.

When I see LeBron's quote he hints at something more than that, imo. The way he references his children and his wife makes me think it was something about his family:

"Draymond just said something that I don't agree with. I'm all cool with the competition. I'm all fine with that, but some of the words that came out of his mouth were a little bit overboard," James said. "Being a guy with pride, a guy with three kids and a family, things of that nature, some things just go overboard, and that's where he took it, and that was it."

Yeah. I saw the groin tap after my first post. Still think that is nothing. LeBron stepped over him which is a big show of disrespect. I believe He was trying to instigate Dray because he knew the game was over.

What could be something is if Green used a gay slur, which I saw a couple people alluding to and would make sense given LeBron's comment. If that comes out, then Green absolutely could get suspended. Not for the nut tap though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a bitch and everyone saw it with his petulant response at the end of the game, not only with Draymond but with Steph.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you fools are still defending Green after everything he's done. Purposely swiping towards the groin area means nothing? keep giving me face palms I guess. Idiots.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about LeBron, when he's losing late in the game he gives up and starts chucking 3-pointers. In Game 6 against the Spurs he did the same thing except he got bailed out by his team. He needs to just keep driving the lane and stick to his game plan instead of quitting. This time he quit and tried to get Green suspended.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you fools are still defending Green after everything he's done. Purposely swiping towards the groin area means nothing? keep giving me face palms I guess. Idiots.

I did not give you a facepalm. Just because you disagree, there is no need to get worked up. LeBron went after Green and I actually think he showed remarkable restraint given the situation. This play was not a flagrant foul. He swiped toward the groin area after LeBron put his groin on Draymond's head/neck. If a man did that to you, what would your response be?

If he use a certain slur that gets everybody suspended these days, then I won't defend that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No defending green, I think the general sports public are just surprised and shocked that there are people standing up to James. I do not fault that swat to the nuts, there was really no other place his hand could have gone while being disrespected like that. There is really no other option as to what you hit while a guy is stepping over you like that. The refs did not stop play when they were Jawing at eachother the play before, but then after, Janes was grabbing pulling and throwing anyone that was around him pouting.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No defending green, I think the general sports public are just surprised and shocked that there are people standing up to James. I do not fault that swat to the nuts, there was really no other place his hand could have gone while being disrespected like that. There is really no other option as to what you hit while a guy is stepping over you like that. The refs did not stop play when they were Jawing at eachother the play before, but then after, Janes was grabbing pulling and throwing anyone that was around him pouting.
Lebron stepped over someone! Wow! Therefore I defend Green for slapping another players nuts!

That insane. The "step over" was about 1/100th as disrespectful as what Iverson did to Lue back in the day. That was a real "step over.".This was almost nothing. It looked worse because Green didn't see Lebron stepping over and tried to get up at the same time and then everyone freaked out.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron stepped over someone! Wow! Therefore I defend Green for slapping another players nuts!

That insane. The "step over" was about 1/100th as disrespectful as what Iverson did to Lue back in the day. That was a real "step over.".This was almost nothing. It looked worse because Green didn't see Lebron stepping over and tried to get up at the same time and then everyone freaked out.

I just ask where else was his arm supposed to go. Would you be complaining if Green stood up sooner and flipped LeBron on his head? Maybe you have never seen Lebrons reaction when he is stepped over. Used to happen alot with the flop defense under the girls high school basketball coach in Miami.
go to a park or a beach and step over 10 guys, my guess is 9 of them will swing at you, any less they like the view.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ask where else was his arm supposed to go. Would you be complaining if Green stood up sooner and flipped LeBron on his head? Maybe you have never seen Lebrons reaction when he is stepped over. Used to happen alot with the flop defense under the girls high school basketball coach in Miami.
go to a park or a beach and step over 10 guys, my guess is 9 of them will swing at you, any less they like the view.
I'm not sure what you're asking, or maybe you're being sarcastic, but Green could've kept his arms to his side like a normal person. I really don't care about the stupid step over. I've seen a million worse things than that. Green has been taking cheap shots all playoffs long.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping Green would knock the hair plugs off BronBron last night.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you're asking, or maybe you're being sarcastic, but Green could've kept his arms to his side like a normal person. I really don't care about the stupid step over. I've seen a million worse things than that. Green has been taking cheap shots all playoffs long.
He's been taking cheap shots his entire life.

Should seen his chubby ass in high school.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't, the "bitch" thing came from McMenamin.

When I see LeBron's quote he hints at something more than that, imo. The way he references his children and his wife makes me think it was something about his family:

"Draymond just said something that I don't agree with. I'm all cool with the competition. I'm all fine with that, but some of the words that came out of his mouth were a little bit overboard," James said. "Being a guy with pride, a guy with three kids and a family, things of that nature, some things just go overboard, and that's where he took it, and that was it."
Brons mom WAS a whore, right?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"LBJ doesn't get any calls" - Clueless coach

As far as the incident, Green did not make contact (it appeared) but he didn't try to put LeBron and with his history I can see why people say he really was trying to hit him in the kids.

Flagrant fouls on both is appropriate imo. HOWEVER the officials LET all that crap happen. You see the one officia (while the play is STILL going on) try to get in between Green and LeBron and doesn't blow the whistle until the altercation under the basket. Terrible officiating there imo

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bron lost it at the end. I won't hold it against him because there's a lot worse in this league as far as that goes but he was asking for that. Then he talks in the press conference about how Green was saying things you shouldn't say bringing family into it. I'd take him seriously but that isn't the first time I've heard him use that excuse so I doubt it's even true.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"LBJ doesn't get any calls" - Clueless coach

As far as the incident, Green did not make contact (it appeared) but he didn't try to put LeBron and with his history I can see why people say he really was trying to hit him in the kids.

Flagrant fouls on both is appropriate imo. HOWEVER the officials LET all that crap happen. You see the one officia (while the play is STILL going on) try to get in between Green and LeBron and doesn't blow the whistle until the altercation under the basket. Terrible officiating there imo

The officials let the game get out of hand in the 3rd quarter. I thought there was a ton of overly physical play on both sides. I was actually talking to a friend on the phone and commented that someone was going to fight if the refs did not start calming things down. They never did.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine thinks Bron Bron was trying to get into a fight so he'd be suspended for game 5 and have an excuse.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials let the game get out of hand in the 3rd quarter. I thought there was a ton of overly physical play on both sides. I was actually talking to a friend on the phone and commented that someone was going to fight if the refs did not start calming things down. They never did.

NBA officiating is god awful anyway... I'm not surprised a "fight" broke out

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's frustrated. He knew there was no way in hell they were winning this series at halftime of game 2. They just don't match up well against them at all.