• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBs

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a thread for most position groups, but nothing I could find for the linebackers.

So now we got one.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Van Noy is out for any extended period with this potential sports hernia, we'd be wise, imo, to sign James Anderson, who was released today by the Patriots.

Anderson started 16 games for the Bears last year and posted over 100 tackles and aded 4 sacks for good measure. He's posted 450 tackles, 9 sacks, and 19 passes defended over the last 4 years, so he's a well-rounded backer. I think Whitehead showed Friday that he deserves first crack at the starting Sam spot if Van Noy is indeed out for a while, but I think Anderson would be an upgrade to Ashlee Palmer as the #4 LB at that point.

Anderson also plays well on special teams and at 30 years old should have some tread left on the tires. He's better than our current # 6 LB, Travis Lewis, who is very much in the mix for a roster spot, so why not make the upgrade? If nothing else we can prevent the Bears from re-signing him given their LB struggles thus far through the preseason.

Decent players usually don't become available during this early round of cuts, but we hit paydirt with Rashean Mathis last year, so it seems worth it to kick the tires on a guy who could push out one of our bottom-of-the-roster LBs...

http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesanderson/2495797/profile

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think a guy in the NFL named Ashlee would be one bad motherfucker.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only scary thing I hate about Whitehead having great game other night is false sense of security.
Has the lightbulb of developement turned on and he is ready or was it a fluke?

Lewis can go home and work at Walmart for all I care.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only scary thing I hate about Whitehead having great game other night is false sense of security.
Has the lightbulb of developement turned on and he is ready or was it a fluke?

Lewis can go home and work at Walmart for all I care.

Yeah, not impressed with him at all. All fluff and no substance.

I know I'm always talking about bringing in this or that guy, but it's usually because they're better than someone on our roster at their position. This guy is a perfectly adequate starter who we could have as our 4th or 5th LB. We're 5 deep at LB when Van Noy is healthy, but after Palmer and Whitehead the talent drops off rapidly.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Anderson just didn't fit the Pats 3-4. He is certainly worth a look as we still do not use a ton of 3-4 looks yet. A 1 year deal just for security. Lewis is not impressive so he could be bumped. Palmer and Anderson can be the backups.