• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all have two sides (head and heart) fighting over the right answer. JD has some tough decisions ahead of him.

i don't think it will come down to one or the other. not being a wannabe GM but i think the Rangers are trying to find a way to get Fielder and keep Hamilton

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles haven't met with Boras and don't have a meeting scheduled, Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com tweets. There's some interest, depending on Boras' asking price, but Kubatko doesn't expect the Orioles to chase Fielder. "They're nowhere near being in position to sign him," he writes.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free-agent pitcher Gerardo Concepcion worked out for the Rangers in front of a contingent that included owner Nolan Ryan at the team's complex in the Dominican Republic on Monday, and the club is among the favorites to sign the Cuban left-hander.

The Rangers, Yankees, Cubs and White Sox have expressed the most interest in signing the left-hander, according to Concepcion's agent, Jaime Torres. The Marlins, Phillies, Giants, Blue Jays, Red Sox and Royals have also shown interest.

Concepcion has one offer on the table, and is expected to sign a Major League contract during the next two weeks, the agent said.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers signed right-hander Sean Green and left-hander Mitch Stetter to minor league contracts that include invitations to Spring Training, MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan writes.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked by an intrepid young fan about the Rangers' romance with Prince Fielder, new closer Joe Nathan didn't hesitate Saturday to suggest he thinks the slugger is heading to Texas.

"I truly believe this is where [Fielder] wants to be," Nathan said during a question-and-answer session at Rangers Fan Fest. "I think with the Yu Darvish thing, they have been waiting around, hanging in there to see what happens. I just really think [Fielder] is going to be here."

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked by an intrepid young fan about the Rangers' romance with Prince Fielder, new closer Joe Nathan didn't hesitate Saturday to suggest he thinks the slugger is heading to Texas.

"I truly believe this is where [Fielder] wants to be," Nathan said during a question-and-answer session at Rangers Fan Fest. "I think with the Yu Darvish thing, they have been waiting around, hanging in there to see what happens. I just really think [Fielder] is going to be here."

This is fairly old news. Happened at fan fest.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers signed right-hander Sean Green and left-hander Mitch Stetter to minor league contracts that include invitations to Spring Training, MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan writes.

Stetter could be a pitcher Texas is looking at as a LOOGY for their bullpen. His numbers overall are horrible, but lefties have a career average of just .194 off him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it happened on the 14th but even the players believe he will be a Rangers

I doubt Joe Nathan knows anything more than we do. Not saying I necessarily disagree with him, but it could just be wishful thinking.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has been discussed but how would y'all like the batting order if we get Prince. I like this...

Kinsler
Young
Beltre
Fielder
Napoli
Hamilton
Cruz
Murphy
Andrus

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has been discussed but how would y'all like the batting order if we get Prince. I like this...

Kinsler
Young
Beltre
Fielder
Napoli
Hamilton
Cruz
Murphy
Andrus

i lke this one (if we don't sign a CF'er):

Kinsler
Andrus
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Cruz
Napoli
Young
Gentry/Martin

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see

Kinsler
Young
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Napoli
Cruz
Gentry/Borbon (with gentry getting the majority of the pt)
Andrus

What I think we would see:

Kinsler
Andrus
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Young
Cruz
Napoli
Gentry/Borbon

As much as I am not a fan of Borbon, Martin needs another year to season and I don't want to expose him too much this year. I think he will take over with Gentry next year. We also might as well accept that Texas is not going to start josh in cf everyday and Murphy will be a bench player.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see

Kinsler
Young
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Napoli
Cruz
Andrus

Kinsler
Andrus
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Young
Cruz
Napoli
Gentry/Borbon

As much as I am not a fan of Borbon, Martin needs another year to season and I don't want to expose him too much this year. I think he will take over with Gentry next year. We also might as well accept that Texas is not going to start josh in cf everyday and Murphy will be a bench player.

Borbon is already complaining about his ankle down in Dominican League play

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see

Kinsler
Young
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Napoli
Cruz
Andrus

Kinsler
Andrus
Fielder
Beltre
Hamilton
Young
Cruz
Napoli
Gentry/Borbon

i'm just not a rubber-band arm fan and that's what Borbon is. i really believe Martin will beat Borbon out

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just not a rubber-band arm fan and that's what Borbon is. i really believe Martin will beat Borbon out

Like I said. I'm not a fan of his either, but the FO is not going to risk their 15m dollar investment by exposing him if they don't feel he is ready.