• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY played 36 regular season games at 1st and Napoli played 35, starting 27 of those. why can't you give credit to MY? he had never played 1st before and did a reasonable decent job

Because he has an unreasonable amount of hate for MY.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rest of us are having fun with possibilities while Al plays the pessimist always seeing the negative side of everything

There's two ways to look at everything. It's called discussion you fucking moron.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will all of you who were bitching about Texas sitting on their hands when the angels signed CJ and poo-holes please line up for your crow dinner now?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i was in the they better do something crowd....but wasnt to upset at losing cj

You were a little worse than that, but not as bad as DMC and Scotsman who were in the "this sounds like Tom Hicks" camp.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SjaRKula.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a big dude.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's two ways to look at everything. It's called discussion you fucking moron.

and you always take the negative path and resort to name-calling. while we discussing possible paths the Rangers could take, you can only contribute negativity

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a little worse than that, but not as bad as DMC and Scotsman who were in the "this sounds like Tom Hicks" camp.

i admit to the "Tom Hicks" comment because some on here brought up the "we ain't got no money" routine

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has an unreasonable amount of hate for MY.

Hate is a little strong. I used to be a big fan and actually stuck up for him when opposing fans would come to the old boards and start poor mouthing him about his range at SS and his hitting splits..home and away. The prima donna act over the position switches was a bit much, the last one being the straw that... and contrary to opinion there are more of us out there who feel this way. All that bs aside, the guy has no business at a corner infield position and I think that putting him at 1st base and in the #4 hole has more to do with Wash stroking his ego than filling a position with the best possible option. JMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate is a little strong. I used to be a big fan and actually stuck up for him when opposing fans would come to the old boards and start poor mouthing him about his range at SS and his hitting splits..home and away. The prima donna act over the position switches was a bit much, the last one being the straw that... and contrary to opinion there are more of us out there who feel this way. All that bs aside, the guy has no business at a corner infield position and I think that putting him at 1st base and in the #4 hole has more to do with Wash stroking his ego than filling a position with the best possible option. JMO.

but no one is talking about making MY anything more than what he's used for: primarily as a DH with occasional appearances at 1B, 2B, 3B and even SS. it was never intended that he spend an extended time at any of those positions but with Moreland's lack of performance during the 2nd half of the regular season and the playoffs he got used more than intended. you don't sit a .300+, 200+ hit regular-season player during the playoffs but you would because of your dislike for him

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Contrary to your belief ss and 2b are more difficult positions to play than 1b. Young can do an adequate enough job in a pinch or when his bat is needed in an NL game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and when Hamilton went down who would you have put at #4? we didn't know what Napoli was going to do, Cruz has never shown he could handle hitting that high in the order. and if you moved up Beltre than who hits 5th? Moreland

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but no one is talking about making MY anything more than what he's used for: primarily as a DH with occasional appearances at 1B, 2B, 3B and even SS. it was never intended that he spend an extended time at any of those positions but with Moreland's lack of performance during the 2nd half of the regular season and the playoffs he got used more than intended. you don't sit a .300+, 200+ hit regular-season player during the playoffs but you would because of your dislike for him

You would be wrong. There was no other choice than to put him at 1st base. They painted themselves in that corner back in ST.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be wrong. There was no other choice than to put him at 1st base. They painted themselves in that corner back in ST.

So you're suggesting they should've traded him?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so what would you have done if they had traded him? who would have been your DH? who would have been your supersub utility player? and who would you have signed to replaced the .300+ avg, 200+ hits we would have lost by trading him?

you dislike MY so much that you are willing to sacrifice team performance and standing just to get him off the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're suggesting they should've traded him?

No. His contract made a trade impossible to consider. If not for the contract I believe he would have been traded.