• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they didn't sign him to a long term deal for a lot of money. I'd rather wait till next year when the FA market for pitching is better.

I would be okay with a 4 yr deal at 60m with an option for a 5th year.

Who's available next year?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm glad we actually have something to talk about. I was starting to have withdrawals.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with a 4 yr deal at 60m with an option for a 5th year.

Who's available next year?

According to Cot's:

Starting Pitchers
Scott Baker *
Joe Blanton
Matt Cain
Fausto Carmona *
Kevin Correia
John Danks
Jorge De La Rosa *
R.A. Dickey *
Scott Feldman *
Gavin Floyd *
Zack Greinke
Jeremy Guthrie
Cole Hamels
Dan Haren *
Tim Hudson *
Colby Lewis
Francisco Liriano
Kyle Lohse
Derek Lowe
Shaun Marcum
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Brandon McCarthy
Brett Myers *
Carl Pavano
Jake Peavy *
Anibal Sanchez
Jonathan Sanchez
Ervin Santana *
Joe Saunders
James Shields *
Jake Westbrook *
Randy Wolf *
Carlos Zambrano *

* indicates an option exist (either team, player or mutual)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins inquired on Rangers outfielder David Murphy, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark. However, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the Rangers are reluctant to compromise their outfield depth.

Murphy, 30, hit .275/.328/.401 in 440 plate appearances this year while playing all three outfield positions. Murphy is arbitration eligible for the second time this winter and MLBTR projects a $3.2MM salary for 2012.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shields, Hamels, Cain, & Greinke would be the pitchers I would target from that list.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins inquired on Rangers outfielder David Murphy, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark. However, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the Rangers are reluctant to compromise their outfield depth.

Murphy, 30, hit .275/.328/.401 in 440 plate appearances this year while playing all three outfield positions. Murphy is arbitration eligible for the second time this winter and MLBTR projects a $3.2MM salary for 2012.

Don't think the twins have anyone worth giving up Murphy for.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shields is the only one and there's an option with the Rays

Depends on if the rays feel like they have enough young starting pitching to let his option go.

You wouldn't take a run at Hamels or Cain? I would at least give them a look.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on if the rays feel like they have enough young starting pitching to let his option go.

You wouldn't take a run at Hamels or Cain? I would at least give them a look.

well, i would say Shields would be my #1 target and only after that failed, would i look at Cain and then Hamels

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had the pleasure of seeing Feliz's final start of the spring in Arizona in person last year. He looked great, and he probably would have been in the rotation last year if the bullpen hadn't been total garbage coming out of spring training.

As for trading Colby, I doubt that's going to happen considering he is the only pitcher in the rotation with post season success. He is an innings eater who knows how to buckle down when it counts, and he's insanely cheap. I'd expect a Feliz/Ogando battle for the final rotation spot if CJ re-signs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the pleasure of seeing Feliz's final start of the spring in Arizona in person last year. He looked great, and he probably would have been in the rotation last year if the bullpen hadn't been total garbage coming out of spring training.

As for trading Colby, I doubt that's going to happen considering he is the only pitcher in the rotation with post season success. He is an innings eater who knows how to buckle down when it counts, and he's insanely cheap. I'd expect a Feliz/Ogando battle for the final rotation spot if CJ re-signs.

You don't think they might package Harrison in a trade deal? I like Harrison, but If we have CJ and holland he's a little redundant and frankly his upside is a solid #3 at best.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You don't think they might package Harrison in a trade deal? I like Harrison, but If we have CJ and holland he's a little redundant and frankly his upside is a solid #3 at best.

It might work out better to hold on to everyone until the trade deadline. That might be when the most value could be had. One thing is certain, this team should have a wealth of arms at their disposal.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heading into the weekend, a report indicated Doug Melvin had not upped the offer for Prince Fielder, and, coming out of the weekend, the free agent had a list of suitors. With the Major League Baseball 2011 Winter Meetings about 36 hours away from starting, a big name has reportedly narrowed his choices of where he will play in 2012 and beyond down to three. First baseman and possible DH if he lands in the AL Prince Fielder has narrowed down his teams to three according to reports, with the three teams being the Toronto Blue Jays, the Texas Rangers, and his old team, the Milwaukee Brewers. Reports say that as of right now, the team that resides in the lead for his services -- the Jays.

Read more: One team leading Prince sweepstakes

Either the Rangers are playing wonderful mind games with the local media, or the national media is just a bunch of stubborn clowns. I'd put my money on the latter.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of our 4 or 5 starters Harrison is the one I would make available in the right deal. I think his high water mark is being a good pitcher in the west division.

rosslive99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Buehrle offered three-year, $36-39M deals

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Rangers, Marlins and Nationals have all offered Mark Buehrle a three-year deal in the $36-39 million range.
Rosenthal notes that the Twins are also in on the left-hander, but their offers fell short of that range. Previous reports have indicated that Buehrle is demanding a no-trade clause and that a couple teams were considering giving it to him. It seems likely that the veteran southpaw will sign with a new team sometime this week.

Saw this on rotoworld. Hope we can sign him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buehrle offered three-year, $36-39M deals

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Rangers, Marlins and Nationals have all offered Mark Buehrle a three-year deal in the $36-39 million range.
Rosenthal notes that the Twins are also in on the left-hander, but their offers fell short of that range. Previous reports have indicated that Buehrle is demanding a no-trade clause and that a couple teams were considering giving it to him. It seems likely that the veteran southpaw will sign with a new team sometime this week.

Saw this on rotoworld. Hope we can sign him.

I would be good with Buehrle at 12m a year for 3 years. Moreso than CJ at 6 yrs for 120m. Buehrle pitches in a hitters park and with our defense I could see him doing well at RBIA.

I would still be willing to go 4 yrs at 60m with a fifth year option for CJ.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everybody's ready to deal Harrison and write him off, completely disregarding that he won 14 games with an ERA of 3.39 in his first full year as a starter. That's better than Buehrle has done since 2005. Mark would arguably be the weakest pitcher in our rotation.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everybody's ready to deal Harrison and write him off, completely disregarding that he won 14 games with an ERA of 3.39 in his first full year as a starter. That's better than Buehrle has done since 2005. Mark would arguably be the weakest pitcher in our rotation.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Just throwing names around.