• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysts think that if Seattle doesn't get Fielder (which I highly doubt they will) there is a high probability that they might start fielding offers for King Felix.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you have 2 too many players. you can only have 25 on your team

And on top of that ... factor this in (read from Jamey this morning) ... Tateyama was a teammate of Darvish for every season of Davrish's career with the Ham Fighters except 2011 when he was pitching for TEX.

You think TEX wasn't thinking about what would make Yu sign with TEX a year ago when they signed Yoshi?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysts think that if Seattle doesn't get Fielder (which I highly doubt they will) there is a high probability that they might start fielding offers for King Felix.

What am I missing here?
I wonder what makes them think that the M's would deal one the best pitchers in baseball? Unless you're knee deep in can't miss pitching prospects it doesn't make sense.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing here?
I wonder what makes them think that the M's would deal one the best pitchers in baseball? Unless you're knee deep in can't miss pitching prospects it doesn't make sense.

and they aren't knee-deep in pitching prospects and they have the most anemic offense in baseball. and like someone on the MLB network said: what is the use of having a big gun if you don't have any bullets? you look at what Oakland got for Gio and realize that you should be able to get an "as good or better" deal for Felix.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they aren't knee-deep in pitching prospects and they have the most anemic offense in baseball. and like someone on the MLB network said: what is the use of having a big gun if you don't have any bullets? you look at what Oakland got for Gio and realize that you should be able to get an "as good or better" deal for Felix.

For Felix, SEA could ask for and expect to get the top 3-4 prospects from most teams. And I'm talking "TOP", not near the top. Like had the Nats given their top prospect, Bryce would be an Athletic.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Felix, SEA could ask for and expect to get the top 3-4 prospects from most teams. And I'm talking "TOP", not near the top. Like had the Nats given their top prospect, Bryce would be an Athletic.

i think giving up your 3rd, 4th & 9th rated prospects is giving up "TOP" rated talent

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you be willing to offer them a package? and if so, what would you offer?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing here?

They have some great pitching prospects but look at what LA and Texas have done this year. There is no way they can compete right now. They need to go into total rebuilding mode and get young. It doesn't do you any good to have one of the best pitchers in baseball if you can never score more than 2 runs a game. I think king Felix could command anyone's top 4 prospects. In Texas case a package of: Profar, Olt, Ramirez, Perez might get it done.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have some great pitching prospects but look at what LA and Texas have done this year. There is no way they can compete right now. They need to go into total rebuilding mode and get young. It doesn't do you any good to have one of the best pitchers in baseball if you can never score more than 2 runs a game. I think king Felix could command anyone's top 4 prospects. In Texas case a package of: Profar, Olt, Ramirez, Perez might get it done.

i'd offer them a package from the following: Rougned Odor SS, Christian Villanueva 3B, Ronald Guzman OF, Martin Perez, Miquel De Los Santos & Roman Mendez.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd offer them a package from the following: Rougned Odor SS, Christian Villanueva 3B, Ronald Guzman OF, Martin Perez, Miquel De Los Santos & Roman Mendez.

I don't think that would be enough to get him. Look what the reds had to give up to get Latos, and what the nationals gave up for Gio. The bar has been set very high, and Felix is better than both of them.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Seattle does something as dumb as trading him and his friendly contract, I can't see them trading him to a division rival that has been to the last two WS. I mean, if you're having trouble scoring runs how do you remedy that by trading your top pitcher to a division rival?
And everybody says, oh yeah, what about Cliff Lee? Not the same deal.
Besides, the M's keep getting better with every player Oakland gets rid of. :dhd:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that would be enough to get him. Look what the reds had to give up to get Latos, and what the nationals gave up for Gio. The bar has been set very high, and Felix is better than both of them.

You're not going to get him for a bunch of prospects. King Felix is a guy who is head and shoulders above anything that has been dealt this off season and his contract is off the charts good. Names like Holland and Andrus would have to be in the discussions before I'd sniff, if I were the M's.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle does something as dumb as trading him and his friendly contract, I can't see them trading him to a division rival that has been to the last two WS. I mean, if you're having trouble scoring runs how do you remedy that by trading your top pitcher to a division rival?
And everybody says, oh yeah, what about Cliff Lee? Not the same deal.
Besides, the M's keep getting better with every player Oakland gets rid of. :dhd:

So what? They can finish third ahead of Oakland?Meanwhile Oakland just got a bunch of really nice young players and Seattle still doesn't have a prayer of making the postseason. The best pitcher with the best contract in the world doesn't help anything if your offense still makes you a sub .500 team. The haul they would get for him would be huge.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? They can finish third ahead of Oakland?Meanwhile Oakland just got a bunch of really nice young players and Seattle still doesn't have a prayer of making the postseason. The best pitcher with the best contract in the world doesn't help anything if your offense still makes you a sub .500 team. The haul they would get for him would be huge.

Seattle has their own stable of decent hitting prospects/young players coming up from the 8th best system themselves going into 2012:

Liddi- 3B, Triunfel- SS, Ackley- 2B, Smoak- 1B, Carp- 1B/OF, Franklin- SS, Martinez- 2B, Chavez- OF, Pimentel- OF, Marlette-C

All are either on the team already, project for next year, the year after, or in Pimentel's case 2014 at the latest (and as bad as the Mariners are Pimentel might be up even sooner)

Hopefully they don't pan out like Ackley has thus far, or the Rangers could be in trouble

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has their own stable of decent hitting prospects/young players coming up from the 8th best system themselves going into 2012:

Liddi- 3B, Triunfel- SS, Ackley- 2B, Smoak- 1B, Carp- 1B/OF, Franklin- SS, Martinez- 2B, Chavez- OF, Pimentel- OF, Marlette-C

All are either on the team already, project for next year, the year after, or in Pimentel's case 2014 at the latest (and as bad as the Mariners are Pimentel might be up even sooner)

Hopefully they don't pan out like Ackley has thus far, or the Rangers could be in trouble

Prospects are just that. And none of theirs rank as high as say Profar for example. I'm not in total disagreement with you. I think our two best hitting prospects, and two best pitching prospects would probably get him. I'm not sure it would be worth it for an inter division rival though. We have to remember that while we want to keep the core together, we will have some aging players soon as well. Those prospects could be needed sooner than we think.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects are just that. And none of theirs rank as high as say Profar for example. I'm not in total disagreement with you. I think our two best hitting prospects, and two best pitching prospects would probably get him. I'm not sure it would be worth it for an inter division rival though. We have to remember that while we want to keep the core together, we will have some aging players soon as well. Those prospects could be needed sooner than we think.

I'm only stating that they have their own stable of prospects and Seattle could be really good in a couple years if things paan out like they have for the Rangers, along with a couple shrewd FA signings and a rotation headed by Hernandez and Pineda could this team coule be good sooner than some people think

They don't need to "restock" as some people have said, they need ML talent not prospects, prospects they have

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMO. You can pick up a hitter a heck of lot easier than you can a Felix Hernandez. I don't have a clue about the M's farm system, but it strikes me as crazy that they would deal Felix when he still has 4 years left on his current deal. They now have two young guns in the rotation for the foreseeable future and who knows...a career year here and there and sometimes it doesn't take long to turn a loser into a winner.
As far as Oakland goes...I remember when Cahill, Gonzalez, and Bailey were the young ones.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO. You can pick up a hitter a heck of lot easier than you can a Felix Hernandez. I don't have a clue about the M's farm system, but it strikes me as crazy that they would deal Felix when he still has 4 years left on his current deal. They now have two young guns in the rotation for the foreseeable future and who knows...a career year here and there and sometimes it doesn't take long to turn a loser into a winner.
As far as Oakland goes...I remember when Cahill, Gonzalez, and Bailey were the young ones.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think they're farther away from being really good than you. They have pitching. Dealing Felix could bring in some Major League hitters they so desperately need.

On another note there's a slight rumor going around that Brandon League might be shopped.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think they're farther away from being really good than you. They have pitching. Dealing Felix could bring in some Major League hitters they so desperately need.

On another note there's a slight rumor going around that Brandon League might be shopped.

Trading League is a good way to pick up a couple prospects, they have arms to effectively replace League, if not now then soon (Chance Ruffin could be a candidate)