• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I picture opening day looking like as of right now, long way to go though

Projected Roster
C: Napoli
1B: Moreland
2B: Kinsler
3B: Beltre
SS: Andrus
LF: Hamilton
CF:Borbon/Gentry platoon (Martin in AAA for some more seasoning)
RF: Cruz
DH: Young

Bench
B/U C: Torrealba, Luis Martinez (AAA)
Util: Yangervis Solarte
4th OFer: Murphy

Rotation
Lewis
Holland
Harrison
Darvish
Feliz

Bullpen
Long:Feldman
RH: Lowe
RH: Uehara
LH: Darren Oliver (FA)
LH: Mike Gonzalez (FA)
RH: Ogando
SU:Adams
CL:Nathan

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I'm hesitant to trade a pitcher who throws 96 with his propensity for getting ground balls and put up this line last season.

ERA: 3.39
W-L: 14-9
IP: 185.2
WHIP: 1.276

The key is the groundballs, he's a great fit for this park as long as you keep a good defense behind him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I picture opening day looking like as of right now, long way to go though

Projected Roster

Bench

Rotation
Lewis
Holland
Harrison
Darvish
Feliz

Bullpen

you have 2 too many players. you can only have 25 on your team

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only ones i would consider trading are Feldman and Lewis

It's possible but I would be hesitant. Colby adds stability to the rotation as a veteran and innings eater, and his track record in the postseason make him pretty valuable to the club. Also, when Colby is healthy (which he supposedly will be this season) he's pretty damn near unhittable at times. His price tag is nice too. However, if they do trade Colby I see it going down kind of like this.

ST breaks with the following rotation:

Lewis
Holland
Darvish
Harrison
Ogando

Feliz starts the year in AAA

As the season progresses Texas is on pace to win the division again Colby is his usual solid self, and Holland and Darvish are pitching like TORP's. Harrison and Ogando are rolling along very solid as well with some great performances. Feliz is demolishing hitters in AAA, and has had a couple of successful spot starts and looks to be ready to pitch in the bigs.

Then I could see Texas dealing Colby for whatever they feel they need such as a solid 1B to go with Mitch or fill any holes created by injuries etc. But make no mistake Texas will break ST with Colby in the rotation, probably as the opening day starter.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible but I would be hesitant. Colby adds stability to the rotation as a veteran and innings eater, and his track record in the postseason make him pretty valuable to the club. Also, when Colby is healthy (which he supposedly will be this season) he's pretty damn near unhittable at times. His price tag is nice too. However, if they do trade Colby I see it going down kind of like this.

ST breaks with the following rotation:

Lewis
Holland
Darvish
Harrison
Ogando

Feliz starts the year in AAA

As the season progresses Texas is on pace to win the division again Colby is his usual solid self, and Holland and Darvish are pitching like TORP's. Harrison and Ogando are rolling along very solid as well with some great performances. Feliz is demolishing hitters in AAA, and has had a couple of successful spot starts and looks to be ready to pitch in the bigs.

Then I could see Texas dealing Colby for whatever they feel they need such as a solid 1B to go with Mitch or fill any holes created by injuries etc. But make no mistake Texas will break ST with Colby in the rotation, probably as the opening day starter.

If this scenario there is NO way you trade an effective starter midseason, thats what teams out of the race do

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Projected Roster

Bench

Rotation
Lewis
Holland
Harrison
Darvish
Feliz

Bullpen

I doubt they put Holland and Harrison back to back in the rotation as both are lefties followed by two righties. They'll split those guys up. Unfortunately I think you are correct that we'll see Borbon start the season platooning with Gentry in CF. His wet noodle of an arm alone are enough to make me want to start with Martin, not to mention his bonheaded plays.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this scenario there is NO way you trade an effective starter midseason, thats what teams out of the race do

True, I guess you only make that trade if Colby is sucking it up.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they put Holland and Harrison back to back in the rotation as both are lefties followed by two righties. They'll split those guys up. Unfortunately I think you are correct that we'll see Borbon start the season platooning with Gentry in CF. His wet noodle of an arm alone are enough to make me want to start with Martin, not to mention his bonheaded plays.

I didn't really put the rotation in terms of 1-5 starter though it almost ends up shaping up that way

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care about Borbon's arm as long as he gets to balls out there and has an OBP north of .330

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care about Borbon's arm as long as he gets to balls out there and has an OBP north of .330

I do. I would rather see gentry play every day than Borbon. Borbon is nothing but trade bait to me.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gentry gets exposed if he plays everyday, but I would prefer to see him get a majority of the playing time

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, hope this wrong.

The Red Sox are trying to get Gonzalez and Bailey in a "monster deal," tweets Rosenthal. The Rays are also in on Bailey and the Nationals are the team to beat on Gonzalez, Rosenthal reports.

good news:

The Athletics will trade Gio Gonzalez to the Nationals in a deal that further depletes Oakland's pitching staff and adds to Washington's potentially dominant rotation. The deal sends four young players, including three of the Nationals' top ten prospects, to the Bay Area: right-handers A.J. Cole and Brad Peacock, left-hander Tom Milone and catcher Derek Norris. ESPN.com's Keith Law broke the news on Twitter.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think advocating a trade of Harrison is just asinine, he was one of the most consistent performers for us last year outside of Wilson,

Sure Ogando was more dominant at times but started to unravel towards the end, no way I get rid of Harrison at this point as he's also 2 years younger than Ogando

I'm not a Harrison fan, but I'm not in favor of just trading him for the sake of a trade. It would have to be a really good deal. The problem I have with him and have always had is that when it's time for fight or flight, there doesn't seem to be much bulldog in him. Right now I see him as a guy who can pitch in the West, but not a guy who will win on a WS stage. jmo and I hope it's proven wrong.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gentry gets exposed if he plays everyday, but I would prefer to see him get a majority of the playing time

I wish Gentry could hit cause I love watching this guy play CF. The thing that bothers me most about Borbon is his head rather than his arm. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gentry could hit .250 and have an OBP above .330, and hit about 20+ doubles, I'd be all for this guy being the everyday CF, i don't need HRs from him, as he's shown he's a pretty smart player and makes the good play

Maybe work on his bunting a bit, as he had some troubles dropping down the bunt and taking advantage of his speed

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Gentry could hit cause I love watching this guy play CF. The thing that bothers me most about Borbon is his head rather than his arm. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer most of the time.

FIFY.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: holland is on MLB network right now and his parents got on camera too. His moms not a bad looking' woman.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news:

The Athletics will trade Gio Gonzalez to the Nationals in a deal that further depletes Oakland's pitching staff and adds to Washington's potentially dominant rotation. The deal sends four young players, including three of the Nationals' top ten prospects, to the Bay Area: right-handers A.J. Cole and Brad Peacock, left-hander Tom Milone and catcher Derek Norris. ESPN.com's Keith Law broke the news on Twitter.

This makes Washington an interesting team going forward as Gio actually improves Washington in the short term and the long term, they also dealt from a position of strength at catcher in Derek Norris

C: Ramos/Flores
1B: Morse/Marrero
2B: Espinosa
SS: Desmond
3B: Zimmerman
OF: Werth, Gomes, Bernadina, Harper (eventually), etc...

Rotation: Strasburg, Zimmerman, Gonzalaez, Lannan, Detwiler/Maya/Wang/Hernandez battling it for the 5th spot

With Clippard and Storen closing out games in the 8th & 9th

Their weakness now is one of the easiest positions to fill going forward, the OF and then they have one of the top prospects in baseball ready to fill that void within a couple years