• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he is actually a pretty nice player. Got some serious defensive chops.

I thought the same thing. No slouch on offense or the bases either.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB network is talking about the Rangers going with a 6-man rotation of Darvish, Holland, Harrison, Lewis & Feliz and with Feldman as the long reliever. Does that mean we go with a 7-man bullpen and only 3 bench players?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have had several discussions with catcher Mike Napoli regarding a long-term contract extension, a source tells Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, although the talks are still early in the process. Napoli is arbitration eligible for the final time this offseason and is slated to earn $9.2MM in 2012 through that process, according to the model created by Matt Swartz for MLBTR.

these are new discussions

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Another One I would like the Rangers to Sign Long Term.

according to this you can add Josh to that list too:

“We’ve had some conversations with several guys on the club at this point and some are further along than others,” Daniels said in a conference call following his team’s winning bid for exclusive negotiating rights with Darvish for the next 30 days. “We’re not at a point where we get into specifics, but our mentality stays the same. We would like to keep this group together.”

Texas has talked to the agents of Derek Holland, Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton about long-term deals this offseason as well, though no discussions have reached the point of signing a contract yet.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB network is talking about the Rangers going with a 6-man rotation of Darvish, Holland, Harrison, Lewis & Feliz and with Feldman as the long reliever. Does that mean we go with a 7-man bullpen and only 3 bench players?

Doesn't mean anything till the Rangers start talking about it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean anything till the Rangers start talking about it.

you're right, it doesn't mean a thing but i never thought i'd hear "experts" talking about the Rangers having too much starting pitching

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kins and Naps are our two best players and I'd like to see them get locked up the most.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kins and Naps are our two best players and I'd like to see them get locked up the most.

If we can get them and holland locked up long term I'm good. I don't think it will break the bank to keep Hamilton either. He's said multiple times Texas is his home and just wants something fair. He has a lot of loyalty to the club and the club is a huge support system for him. I don't think he'd jump at the chance to leave that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN MLB Rangers versus Angels: Tale of the tape

The writers at espn have to be the biggest dumbasses in the world. There's a story on the site comparing Texas to LA position for position and when they get to the rotation they list the rotation as

Darvish
Harrison
Holland
Lewis
Feliz

Really? Harrison as the #2 with Lewis as #4? He also said don't be surprised if CJ is a cy young contender. Do you idiots actually read what you write or just drink until it sounds logical. If CJ was cy young quality do you really think they would've let him go to the angels? This guy has to be from the west coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get them and holland locked up long term I'm good. I don't think it will break the bank to keep Hamilton either. He's said multiple times Texas is his home and just wants something fair. He has a lot of loyalty to the club and the club is a huge support system for him. I don't think he'd jump at the chance to leave that.

Agreed, Hambone is definitely one of those guys you hope to never see in a different jersey.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN MLB Rangers versus Angels: Tale of the tape

The writers at espn have to be the biggest dumbasses in the world. There's a story on the site comparing Texas to LA position for position and when they get to the rotation they list the rotation as

Darvish
Harrison
Holland
Lewis
Feliz

Really? Harrison as the #2 with Lewis as #4? He also said don't be surprised if CJ is a cy young contender. Do you idiots actually read what you write or just drink until it sounds logical. If CJ was cy young quality do you really think they would've let him go to the angels? This guy has to be from the west coast.

actually they're all east coast biased reporters who know nothing about the West Coast teams so when ask about the teams out here they have to guess. all they know about CJ is that he was the #1 starter available so therefore he must be an automatic CY candidate. and they have no clue about our rotation even after the last 2 years so it's no surprise that they don't know where each would be.

Darvish will probably be the opening day starter with Holland starting day 2 and Lewis starting day 3. then it probably be Harrison and then Feliz

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually they're all east coast biased reporters who know nothing about the West Coast teams so when ask about the teams out here they have to guess. all they know about CJ is that he was the #1 starter available so therefore he must be an automatic CY candidate. and they have no clue about our rotation even after the last 2 years so it's no surprise that they don't know where each would be.

Darvish will probably be the opening day starter with Holland starting day 2 and Lewis starting day 3. then it probably be Harrison and then Feliz

Opening day starter? No way. He may be the next best thing to sliced bread (or a bowl of rice) in Japan and look good on You Tube, but it's going to be a different and harder transition to MLB. It's going to take some time for this guy to adjust to hitters that are much better than anything he has ever faced before.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he'll be the opening day starter. Frankly I want holland to be the opening day starter but they'll probably go with Colby unless something happens. My guess is it looks like this.

Colbra
Holland
Darvish
Harrison
Feliz/Ogando/Feldman

At this point that last spot is anyone's guess.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Holland or Lewis being the O.D.S. Darvish would more than likely be the starter for the opening of the Seattle series.

(can you imagine the ratings overseas for THAT game?!?)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Holland or Lewis being the O.D.S. Darvish would more than likely be the starter for the opening of the Seattle series.

(can you imagine the ratings overseas for THAT game?!?)

He may be the starter for the third Chicago game but I see your point. Seattle's anemic offense might not be a terrible first start for Darvish to cut his teeth in MLB hitting.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of 11:45PM last night:

The Orioles, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Rockies, Tigers and Rangers are among the teams that have expressed some interest in Jair Jurrjens, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The Braves have suggested they won’t trade the right-hander within their division.