• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliver was pretty damn solid last year. Sometimes they just didn't use him right. He actually threw to more righties than he did lefties last season. Still had an ERA of 2.29. I'd like to keep him, he's a good loogy.

Problem is wash doesn't use him like he's supposed to. He has some sort of allegiance to him and thinks he's some go to set-up reliever. Like you said, he should only be facing lefties.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want the Rangers to resign Mike Gonzalez. Then extend Josh Hamilton to a 4 yr deal at $17m per year with a team option with buy-out for yearr 5 with incentives to boost the contract to up to $20m per year if he plays X amount of games and other performance measures. Then try to entice the Cubs with some combination of Moreland, Feldman, Uehara, Lowe and prospects (Scheppers & Olt) for Garza and Utility infielder, Sign Fielder and Darvish and bump that payroll up baby!! Feldman and Koji pretty much = Garza for 2012 salary.

Garza
Holland
Lewis
Harrison
Darvish

Nathan
Feliz
Ogando
Adams
Gonzalez

Kinsler
Young
Hamilton
Fielder
Beltre
Napoli
Cruz
Andrus
Martin/Gentry

Pipe Dream yes - but wow! That payroll for 2012 would probably be around $120-30m and go up to about $150m. When some of the other young guys are due for extensions MY's $16m a year will be off the books and Profar should be ready to come by then.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Rangers to resign Mike Gonzalez. Then extend Josh Hamilton to a 4 yr deal at $17m per year with a team option with buy-out for yearr 5 with incentives to boost the contract to up to $20m per year if he plays X amount of games and other performance measures. Then try to entice the Cubs with some combination of Moreland, Feldman, Uehara, Lowe and prospects (Scheppers & Olt) for Garza and Utility infielder, Sign Fielder and Darvish and bump that payroll up baby!! Feldman and Koji pretty much = Garza for 2012 salary.

Garza
Holland
Lewis
Harrison
Darvish

Nathan
Feliz
Ogando
Adams
Gonzalez

Kinsler
Young
Hamilton
Fielder
Beltre
Napoli
Cruz
Andrus
Martin/Gentry

Pipe Dream yes - but wow! That payroll for 2012 would probably be around $120-30m and go up to about $150m. When some of the other young guys are due for extensions MY's $16m a year will be off the books and Profar should be ready to come by then.

The only problem with your lineup is the club has pretty much decided Feliz is a starter now sink or swim.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with your lineup is the club has pretty much decided Feliz is a starter now sink or swim.

well if Wash & Maddux don't feel he's ready at the end of ST there is the possibility that they could send him to AAA to work on his secondary pitches which would allow the starting 5 he listed with Feliz coming back around ASW and stepping in if one of them falters (my bet would be Lewis)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if Wash & Maddux don't feel he's ready at the end of ST there is the possibility that they could send him to AAA to work on his secondary pitches which would allow the starting 5 he listed with Feliz coming back around ASW and stepping in if one of them falters (my bet would be Lewis)

That's fine, but he's not going to be in the bullpen like he had him listed.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs are definitely in the mix for Fielder, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. He adds that the Mariners are trying and the Blue Jays and Rangers are "among teams showing interest and thinking hard about it." At the Winter Meetings, Rangers president Nolan Ryan told reporters his team is not in on Fielder.

of course, personally i don't put much stock in anything Heyman says but MLB trade rumors posted this

Last edited by a moderator:

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Cubs are definitely in the mix for Fielder, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. He adds that the Mariners are trying and the Blue Jays and Rangers are "among teams showing interest and thinking hard about it." At the Winter Meetings, Rangers president Nolan Ryan told reporters his team is not in on Fielder.

of course, personally i don't put much stock in anything Heyman says but MLB trade rumors posted this

I'm pretty sure Fielder will want at least 8 years. Rangers don't appear to be interested in giving contracts that long.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Fielder will want at least 8 years. Rangers don't appear to be interested in giving contracts that long.

and i'm sure that if no one is offering the 8-10 year deal package that him and Borass are looking for that they might look at a good 5-year deal because that would allow them to go after another 5+ year contract before he retires. it would be a win-win situation for him and the Rangers

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i'm sure that if no one is offering the 8-10 year deal package that him and Borass are looking for that they might look at a good 5-year deal because that would allow them to go after another 5+ year contract before he retires. it would be a win-win situation for him and the Rangers

Especially when he puts up the numbers that someone of his stature would in RBiA... 40+HR, 130+RBI... /dreams

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Would love it to be the case.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love it to be the case.

me, too. but i think they concentrate on pitching first (Darvish). we'll know Wednesday or Thursday if the Rangers bid gets Darvisn and if not they may offer Fielder a 5-year, 100+M contract to see if he'll do it.

and i think he would do it to go to a playoff-ready team like the Rangers instead of a Cubs or Mariners team that is years away from being competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see ever giving any professional athlete an 8 year deal. Would just be to stupid for words to adequately describe. Also, remember that park that Fielder is playing in is a hitters paradise just like here. I can see him putting up great numbers here but I don't know how substantially different they would be from his already eye popping numbers. I do think he'd be a good bet to hit 50 home runs though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see ever giving any professional athlete an 8 year deal. Would just be to stupid for words to adequately describe. Also, remember that park that Fielder is playing in is a hitters paradise just like here. I can see him putting up great numbers here but I don't know how substantially different they would be from his already eye popping numbers. I do think he'd be a good bet to hit 50 home runs though.

and yet, Fielder only hit 18 and 24 homers the last 2 years in that friendly ballpark in Milwaukee. with the left field porch and the slipstream at the BPiA he could easily beat those numbers

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has Toronto dropped out of the Darvish sweepstakes:

The Blue Jays are focused on Athletics lefty Gio Gonzalez, tweets Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. Last week, Slusser reported that 12 teams were interested in Gonzalez, and there were indications the A's and Jays might try to involve a third team to facilitate a deal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you aren't a fan of those crazy 15+ year contracts that I see in hockey headlines?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone gives prince a 8 year contract. However the dude could get a big 5 yr deal and get another big one after that, and prince would rake at RBIA. I could see Texas getting involved there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone gives prince a 8 year contract. However the dude could get a big 5 yr deal and get another big one after that, and prince would rake at RBIA. I could see Texas getting involved there.

agreed. 5-years, 120+M probably gets it done for Texas but do we see it happening?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Especially when he puts up the numbers that someone of his stature would in RBiA... 40+HR, 130+RBI... /dreams

That's totally laughable ... 8-10 years? Hah. Fat guy will be lucky to get 4 from somebody. Probably was doing the same stuff that his teammate Braun was doing.

Sign Fielder and find out he's dirty ... that's like sentencing yourself to lose him for 50 games right off the bat.

Bad luck for Fielder that he's without a team right now.