• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gio Gonzalez is a bad fit in this park with his flyball tendencies, especially if you're talking about giving up Martin Perez, pass... I don't think Gio would be a significant upgrade over anyone we have, especially when you factor in the probablt regression of going form a pitchers to a hitters park

Gio Gonzalez wouldn't even be the Rangers "ace" as his numbers here would simply put him on par with the likes of someone like Holland or Harrison

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gio Gonzalez is a bad fit in this park with his flyball tendencies, especially if you're talking about giving up Martin Perez, pass... I don't think Gio would be a significant upgrade over anyone we have, especially when you factor in the probablt regression of going form a pitchers to a hitters park

Gio Gonzalez wouldn't even be the Rangers "ace" as his numbers here would simply put him on par with the likes of someone like Holland or Harrison

which isn't a bad thing when you consider that both, especially Holland, are becoming very capable #2's & #3's which would give us at minimum 2 pitchers who would be a #2 on most teams and another capable pitcher who would fill the #3 spot on most teams. plus Ogando has the potential to be a #2 or #3 also this season.

so there you have 4 starters and then you have Lewis, Feliz and Feldman left to battle for the 5th starter position.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando is also a flyball pitcher, just throwing that out there. I think too much is made of the pither's park/hitter's park thing sometimes too. Gio pitched better at home than our guys did on the road. I'm not leading the Gio campaign or anything, just playing devil's advocate.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Backs are getting close to acquiring Cahill...

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was rumored earlier today, the Diamondbacks have acquired pitchers Trevor Cahill and Craig Breslow from the Athletics for minor leaguers Jarrod Parker, Collin Cowgill and Ryan Cook, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle (Twitter links) and Steve Gilbert of MLB.com (Twitter).

That doesnt seem like that much of a haul for Cahill?!?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Crasnick :

http://http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7336925/source-arizona-diamondbacks-acquire-trevor-cahill-oakland-athletics-five-player-deal

I want to know what kind of plan Beane is "formulating" where they are trading off 23 year old pitchers just as they are coming in to their own? Seems rather ridiculous to me. Beane always does this crap. Year after year. It has gotten old. Once again, I guess they are giving up on this season before it even begins. Really the only reason it bugs me is when teams like Oakland field piss poor teams it hurts the attendance of other division rivals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Crasnick :

http://http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7336925/source-arizona-diamondbacks-acquire-trevor-cahill-oakland-athletics-five-player-deal

I want to know what kind of plan Beane is "formulating" where they are trading off 23 year old pitchers just as they are coming in to their own? Seems rather ridiculous to me. Beane always does this crap. Year after year. It has gotten old. Once again, I guess they are giving up on this season before it even begins. Really the only reason it bugs me is when teams like Oakland field piss poor teams it hurts the attendance of other division rivals.

lol

200px-Moneyballsbn.jpg

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Crasnick :

the "A's" signed Cahill to a contract extension in April 2011 so they have him under contract thru 2015 at 30.1M for 2012-2015 with options for 2016 & 2017. those are reasonable numbers so i have no idea what Beane's plan is.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Crasnick :

I'd like to see him get fired and take a job with another team that has some payroll and see if he can deal with the pressures of having to put a winner together every year when has the resources. Maybe he can do it, but it sure would beat the hell out of this mad scientist bullshit.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the "A's" signed Cahill to a contract extension in April 2011 so they have him under contract thru 2015 at 30.1M for 2012-2015 with options for 2016 & 2017. those are reasonable numbers so i have no idea what Beane's plan is.

Have you heard anything concerning LA's TV deal? I only caught the tail end of the discussion on the MLB channel, but it sounded like they said it had tripled recently and that's why they were able to give the big contracts.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard anything concerning LA's TV deal? I only caught the tail end of the discussion on the MLB channel, but it sounded like they said it had tripled recently and that's why they were able to give the big contracts.

The Angels have reached a new 20-year deal with Fox Sports worth roughly $3 billion, per Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times. That windfall of $150 million per year is not only the largest in the division, but also $100 million more per season over their previous 10-year, $500 million deal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was rumored earlier today, the Diamondbacks have acquired pitchers Trevor Cahill and Craig Breslow from the Athletics for minor leaguers Jarrod Parker, Collin Cowgill and Ryan Cook, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle (Twitter links) and Steve Gilbert of MLB.com (Twitter).

That doesnt seem like that much of a haul for Cahill?!?

Remeber when I said I wonder what it would take to get Cahill?

Godammit!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remeber when I said I wonder what it would take to get Cahill?

Godammit!

Yup, just yesterday I was saying that I would love to have him...and now they move him. The return wasn't that great, either.

Man, OAK must have thought his slip in 2011 was enough to show what he really is. I'd liked to have had a chance at him, unless a division rivals price goes up too much.

Now Ariz is saying Joe Saunders might be available. Need to look at his numbers. I think he is real early 30's, but no idea what his numbers look like.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cahill is a fat fuck and I don't like him