• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does when one of the players was a guy who won 16 games and pitched 200+ innings for us and we're replacing him with a guy (Neftali Feliz) who has never started a game in the majors and has never thrown more than 70 innings in the majors or with a guy (Scott Feldman) who has only thrown 172 innings the last 2 years. maybe between them we might match Ogando's or Lewis' totals from last year

Wow. Saving this post so you can eat your crow next season. I'll want a full apology and an X-Men like "Guitarmy was right!" war cry.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Saving this post so you can eat your crow next season. I'll want a full apology and an X-Men like "Guitarmy was right!" war cry.

Can I get in on this too?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get in on this too?

Sure. I'll remember us and fordman being the only ones with any confidence in a rotation that doesn't involve this guy

Massengill%2BCJ.jpg

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cruz, Ham, & Beltre missed a combined 117 games. Napoli only played in 113 games. You really think if we have all 4 of those guys play 150+ games that we're not at the very least, a 100 win team? Also not having Nefty for a good chunk and Feldman being out most of the year hurt pretty bad too. People seem to have already forgotten when our bullpen consisted of guys like Rhodes, Bush, Strop, Tomko, Kirkman, etc.

And when the bullpen struggled the team dipped in the standings. It wasn't until they got the bullpen right that they got back on track. How many times do you have to watch this team bash the ball but not be able to hold a lead before you get it that pitching is what matters. For all the talk about the Angels horrible offense they were in the race until the final week of the season. Why was that? Might have something to do with Weaver, Harren and Santana.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when the bullpen struggled the team dipped in the standings. It wasn't until they got the bullpen right that they got back on track. How many times do you have to watch this team bash the ball but not be able to hold a lead before you get it that pitching is what matters. For all the talk about the Angels horrible offense they were in the race until the final week of the season. Why was that? Might have something to do with Weaver, Harren and Santana.

I trust Nolan and JD knowing their emphasis has been on pitching from the very beginning. They have changed the entire philosophy and culture of this team. You really think they're departing from that now? I don't think so. They've got a plan.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I trust Nolan and JD knowing their emphasis has been on pitching from the very beginning. They have changed the entire philosophy and culture of this team. You really think they're departing from that now? I don't think so. They've got a plan.

Doesnt matter what they do since the Angels signed Pujols and Wilson. Those signings just mad them the best team in baseball

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter what they do since the Angels signed Pujols and Wilson. Those signings just mad them the best team in baseball

Oh wow. Just stop.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Wilson was never going to be re-signed by Texas. He wasn't even formally offered a contract. CJ going to the Angels doesn't surprise me at all. I expected it.

And Pujols to the Angels? Other than returning to the Cardinals, I thought the Angels were the best bet to get him.

People need to understand something about the Angels. They are the West Coast Yankees. And they have been since Moreno took over. He spends like crazy but because NY and Boston spend just a bit more they get overlooked. It is what it is. And it will only get worse.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And that plan is to sit back and cross their fingers that the young guys stay healthy and step up again this next year and that that is enough to overcome a VERY much improved Angels team. Son't overlook the other moves Anaheim has made before this week.

The only other moves they have available is to overpay for Darvish, trade more prospects to replace their best pitcher they just let walk for a pitcher they will have to pay at some point as much if not more than CJ.

At some point this team will have to spend money to keep their guys. You can't just sign everyone on the market, but you also can't just let guys walk and deal your top prospects all the time. There has to be a balance. That balance has tilted dramatically in the last 24 hours in the wrong direction.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. You don't have a fucking clue what their plans are. So quit acting like you know more than they do when it comes to running this team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, these "morons" have gotten us to back to back WS, thats quite the feat and they've done despite injuries, rotation and bullpen issues,

I trust them far more than I trust some message board divas

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. You don't have a fucking clue what their plans are. So quit acting like you know more than they do when it comes to running this team.

Believe that can be said about everyone in this thread?

Both sides of the coin.....the "stay put" side and the "sky is falling" side.

All we can do (as fans) is sit back and watch what unfolds... :shrug:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously these "morons" put an unproven former closer in the rotation 2 years ago

How FOOLISH of them!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention put a former bullpen guy in the rotation last year

These guys suck!

And paid some guy pitching in Japan 3 million a year, what fools!

And then paid big bucks to sign some 3B that only plays well in contract years, GRRRRRR

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe that can be said about everyone in this thread?

Both sides of the coin.....the "stay put" side and the "sky is falling" side.

All we can do (as fans) is sit back and watch what unfolds... :shrug:

I don't think anyone here is saying jus sit back. I think whats being said is if the rangers FO chose not to seriously pursue CJ they must have a plan. Sit back (see what I did there) and see what they do. I really have a feeling something is coming.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I certainly don't have that crystal ball, and neither do you. I give my opinions on this board, and counter those I disagree with. You don't have to like them.